Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Press Xbox Button Once to Go Home

with the new update it took away the whole purpose of the home button. going to the home screen. it needs to do what the name suggests.

141 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Spidermonkey208Spidermonkey208 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • FearedNightmareFearedNightmare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To go home: Nexus button, A
    To record: Nexus, X

It's a lot easier now for a lot of people especially recording and taking screenshots. No more having to doubleclick the button for it to improperly register and then going home, opening the guide again, going home, freezing the game.

Just embrace it how it is now, it's better, change is good

• Der MogensteinDer Mogenstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the best change microsoft gas made to this console. It brought back the usability of the "guide" button from the 360. I think these people need to learn how to use it properly, as it has all the benefits of going to the home screen, but in a much, MUCH faster package. I guess you could give them an option in settings if they want to go back to the old, slow, clunky setup of the last 3 years, but I truely feel like these people just haven't even tried to get to know the new setup, and if they ever do, they'll see what a drastic improvement it is!

• ShakingTwoShakingTwo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Xbox! Bring back the one press home button. This change is the absolute worst addition to the Xbox experience the combination of the additional button presses to get home and the side bar guides and navigation.

• Darth Id10tDarth Id10t commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely hate this change. All I ask is that they give us a choice in the settings, just a simple toggle for what we want the guide/Xbox button to do.

• ToterKriegerToterKrieger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Revert option should be a no brainer. Update = big thumbs down. I find myself annoyed with its every use.

• PandorasJoypadXPandorasJoypadX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to roll back to before this update and just never get the update. I hate when they add more steps to do simple things.

• CleverSpace498CleverSpace498 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I said in preview it should be tap to bring up the stupid side bar and double tap to go home, hold to bring up shutdown options... Simple fix.

• ThebrianbryanThebrianbryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why don't they ask gamers before wasting the time and resources forcing it on them? I loved the UI but now it's absolute junk

• HaloGood 3579HaloGood 3579 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Three key strokes is way easier then one to the home page, because that's where I want to be when I hit that one button. But thanks for forcing change on me without asking.

• hudiathudiat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely dislike the guide as well. I just want the home button to go home. It's a standard on every device now. Home button takes you home. In my personal use case a few things are maybe a split second quicker, but I still prefer the old style.

• succubus669succubus669 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sorry, I just REALLY HATE this update, now I have to take extra steps to quit a game and it's just dumb. My OCD is hating it so much I don't even want to play and I'm having 2nd thoughts on buying the new xbox system when it comes out. I like things to be user friendly, and well, I don't think the new update is. I desperately want to delete and blok the new update, unfortunately I lack the expertise if it's even possible. :(

Also i don't give a hoot that it wasn't officially called the home button, that's what it was and what everyone I knew called it and a much better function than the crap it does now. If you want it to do this crap then have it go there when you double tap the HOME button.

Too bad I can only vote once, I absolutely HATE the new update making the home button not the home button anymore. I HATE it so much I don't even want to use my xbox now, it's so stupid.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base