Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Bring Back Snap (Instead of or In Addition to Overlays)

Removing the Snap feature when it was a major selling point of the console is a step backwards. Allow all apps (including One Guide) to work in PiP mode with the new overlay feature, but also allow us to resize the game so we can place the PiP window in the empty space, replicating snap. Covering up part of the game is NEVER a good solution.

1,567 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chyld989Chyld989 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

123 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • pechiopechio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without snap Scorpio will only be a PS4 Pro on steroids. No thank you.

• F1reworksF1reworks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SNAP OR Replacement MUST be brought back immediately. The removal of this feature is UNACCEPTABLE

• OCD Games XOCD Games X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe they could bring it back, but allow people to choose whether or not to have it running in the background? That way it would be the player's choice if the performance was affected.

• mummerxmummerx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back or allow us to choose to accept the "reduced performance"...

My family never experienced a "Lag" that impacted our happiness.
    Removing the feature certainly did!

• SilxxSilxx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not voting for this, I just want to comment and ask why so many people want a feature back that was detrimental to the performance of the console. I understand that it was a feature that many people used, but it was also a major cause of the slowness and lag on the dashboard. I would like an alternative, yes, but not at the expense of a laggy or slow dashboard.

• pechiopechio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"all-in-one entertainment system" that would "make your TV more intelligent."Not
    Now I need two TVs for multitasking. Microsoft, let me choose - don't choose for me.

• XandriaSyxXandriaSyx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE bring back snap an app!!!!! I used this feature alll the time!!!! This was a HUGE advantage over my PS4 and why I used my xbox one 99% of the time I'd use a console!!!!
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• BFC051017BFC051017 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to complain about the new update that took the option SNAP, window that allowed to play watching TV. Without it, xbox one loses its usefulness to me and thousands of people.

• BFC051017BFC051017 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to complain about the new update that took the option FIXAR, window that allowed to play watching TV. Without it, xbox one loses its usefulness to me and thousands of people.

• GameCar75803586GameCar75803586 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please read this article carefully, Cool way to have financial freedom!!! Are you tired of living a poor life, here is the opportunity you have been waiting for, We sell a Blank Hacked ATM Card worth $6 Million United State Dollars and you can only withdraw a total amount of $5,000.00 in a day. Do you want to live a good life despite its illegal, its the easiest way to be a millionaire. Get your card today and live that luxury life you every dream to live and to get this card, contact us via email(100k.atmcard@gmail.com) and get your card today and live that luxury life you ever dream off contact him via email (100k.atmcard@gmail.com)

• Walkers WomanWalkers Woman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the ability to have music in the background.. but I NEED to have a "snap" feature to watch TV or Netflix or something like that in the background while games are played. It was a feature I used almost daily!

• dNakO8dNakO8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What! No more snap!? And this home button thing, I actually liked having the TV playing in the smaller screen while I browsed other tabs or to simply lower the volume on it. Bad move....

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base