Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Replace Snapped Video Playback as a PiP Overlay

Please give us this option. Whether a new pip or original snap. This was a system selling feature.

3,155 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Darth666Bane666Darth666Bane666 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

466 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • bigcutigerbigcutiger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back snap now or I will sue! You advertised this as a major selling point and now you take it away! I bought the XBOXONE over PS4 primarily because of the snap feature and used it ALL THE TIME. Give us all a refund or give us SNAP back!!

• theman72HGtheman72HG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Yamaha I've never heard so much balony then from you quit it , and you don't even own a Xbox to begin just a Sony fanboy posing as Xbox guy get a life troll or go play your PS4

• jnicolettejnicolette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without snap for me xbox one is no different than PS4. Although PS4 has the Show. For me removing this app is a deal breaker. When I replace 2017 sports games with the next editions I will be for PS4

• YAMAHA R1 RAVENYAMAHA R1 RAVEN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the main reason why the Xbox One got humiliated by the PS4 in sales. The original Xbox team had a goal and improved monthly. That's the main reason why they out sold the PS3. Your team has a vision without faith or the ability to execute. The crazy thing is you paid someone to take away a feature we love. You should have real gamers sitting in the room with your Xbox team because obviously they are not gamers!!!!! I called to complain on your 800 number and even the representative said he hates snap/pip is gone. Send an update immediately giving us back the reason for purchasing an Xbox One!!!!!!!!!!

• SACRED JUTSUSACRED JUTSU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a problem with what they're telling us. They're saying that snap was too resource hungry, that it compromised the consoles ability to run software effectively. I'm not buying it. If this was true, then why push the feature of snap multitasking in the first place? Wouldn't the team behind the consoles design know that the hardware specs weren't capable of such a task. I am aware that games released later into a consoles lifespan usually push the hardware but factors like this should have been considered during the design of the XB1. These bait and switch tactics are getting old MS. You have killed many Kinect features, taken away all local mp from Halo, canceled the OTA dvr, and now removed Snap. Many of these things are why most of us chose XB1 over PS4. You guys should take a look back the at the original Xbox and 360. The leadership at Xbox back then had a clear vision of what they wanted the platform to be. That is why both of those consoles were able to expand their list of features over time, even with their aging hardware. As it now stands, the XB1 is a rare example of a console that loses it's features as it ages. Simply pathetic MS!

• YAMAHA R1 RAVENYAMAHA R1 RAVEN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3,000 votes and climbing without a response. Do you care? I think not!!!!!! Gives us what we're asking for!!!!

• SaintPoopyPantzSaintPoopyPantz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My girlfriend liked to snap tv while she was working out from home. Now she can't so she will probably get fat. Thanks a lot MS. You owe me one skinny girlfriend.

• oH PicniCoH PicniC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huge mistake taking away the snap feature. Without the snap feature it is pointless to run my cable through the Xbox. So much for the "all in one" system. You guys really blew it on this one.

• TokishiraTokishira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello everyone, I was disappointed to see this feature went away. It was awesome specially between soccer matches on Sunday's. If they bring it back, I think that PIP its more interesting than the old snap feature.

• HR AlphaHR Alpha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was a key selling feature I don't understand why it was removed I never had any processing lag and without it you really have no reason to run your TV through the console so you might as well remove the TV function as well so much for the Xbox being an "all in one entertainment package" and it's apparent now that when Microsoft has a problem they would rather remove it then fix it

• CJ 4TCCJ 4TC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

turned off my auto updates and xbox wouldnt allow me to go online unless i downloaded the new update..whats the point of having the option in the first place?? microsoft takes another L with this

• mummerxmummerx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Loved and used Snap all the time... it was a major decision point for selecting XO over PS.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base