Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Multiple home Xbox Ones

I think that Microsoft should allow a player to set up to two home Xbox Ones. I know I'm not the only person with this idea, and many forums have agreed with me. Myself, being a teenager with divorced parents, have two Xboxes: One at my mom's house, and one at my dad's. I use each of them equally, but the other Xbox is used by another person just as much. If I could set both of these to be my home Xbox, then when somebody starts playing a game, it wouldn't sign me out of the game I'm playing, since most purchases are on my account, and they would need to sign in on my account to play. I can understand Microsoft's worry about people just sharing one profile that has many different games, therefore lowering their profit, but I think that two Xboxes is a rather fair argument. In exchange, instead of it being one home Xbox that you can change three times a year, make it two home Xboxes that you can change twice a year (each one once). This way, people won't necessarily share the account with their friends, but people who are like me and have two Xboxes, can use each one as a home Xbox.

402 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

OptionalAura89 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Weaser63 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too, now have two xbox's. I am the dad in the family and my wife and I have a console that we play in our basement while our daughters have their xbox upstairs. We are all linked on xbox live as a family. They all gold share off of my account. The games are all purchased on my account. We played a fun game of kicking eachother out of games because apparently for them to play the games I bought them, I couldn't be signed in playing a game on the other console myself. This Eliminates the point of having the two systems..... With out a fix, we are going to be selling our xboxes and buying PS4's or alienware alpha consoles. So done with this.

• FloralErmine36 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello everyone check out Engr Michael newly designed super intelligent blank ATM cards Which have been specially programmed to withdraw free cash from any ATM Machine worldwide He has hacked the sum of one million dollars into each of the cards. please beware of scams selling counterfeit cards he sell the original cards with documents to validate the transactions. He deliver this cards to all any customers and interested buyers worldwide and it has changed the life of many people including me. I purchase mine to give a try and i saw many people talking about him, i tried my best to get one by doing what he ask me to do with the instructions, he make my card and sent to me without stressing me. Today I'm so happy seeing myself been rich, so i have to tell everyone who might need his help. he have various cards and various prices for them and the cards has expiring date and i cash out $5000 daily. Today I have my car and I’m rich I can pay more rent now. you can email him micharelatmhacker@gmail.com. text him them +18508008129

• KurtTheGerman88 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't you just put a password on your account? That way if someone goes to play a game on the other xbox they need your password.....and you wouldn't be auto signed out

• Undertakecare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@OptionalAura89: How can someone sign you off using the other XBox? That'd mean he/she uses your account/profile. That's not the idea. Every user should actually use its own profile.

• educed void commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand the reason why this is limited to one but now that the 1st X is out we need to do something to give us better access to our library. My son has to have me login to our OG Xbox before he can play games we own since I made our 1 X the home console.

• Luciano Di Mase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you guys really think they are going to give you a second free game. Be grateful that you alreayd receive live and two games for one.

• StrangeMantis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same boat as another commenter here. I'm a father with 2 children and we have 3 xbox's in the house. Because I can only be signed into one, and 'home' the other xbox I cannot have all three playing the games that have been purchased under my live ID, so it because unusable on many occasions (including kids birthday parties). Please have the option to allow multiple xboxs maybe on the same subnet/network or something!!

• Mortacan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a father with 2 children. All 3 of us have our own xbox now. There is no way for this to work for us. I have purchased all the games.. over 200. I just purchased the X, so the 2 children will have the original and the S. Without the ability to add a 3rd console it's impossible for them to share games and not effect me.

Please help!

• golferguy88 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also with the idea of the new Xbox One X coming out... maybe one home on the X and one on the original

• M3tal Daz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea would leave the system exposed to abuse. I don't think it will be considered

• JEZ JOHNSON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about using your home Xbox to determine your external IP, then allow all Xboxes on that network to share licences.

Could use a latency limit from the home Xbox to the others to stop people using VPN

• bokimyluvs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea but if can't be done for now, atleast xbox allows us to have more than 3 chances a year. All we have to do is to contact xbox support and request for a reset.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base