Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Option to turn off suggested friends from the Xbox App on Windows 10

Please can we have the ability to turn off the suggested "social" elements that go beyond my friends list.

This includes

"Suggestions" - Guide/Friends & clubs
"Suggested for you" - Community/Activity Feed
"Popular now" - Community/Activity Feed
Adverts for feeds on the right hand side of the - Community/clubs and trending
Auto follow of purchased and played games - Community/Activity feed

I understand people appreciate these features and use them but I don't and never have.

The suggestions show people I have removed from my friends lists and a selection of random people that I share nothing in common with other than having played big triple A games.

906 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

vj4vj4 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ForcedFXForcedFX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have lost all control on things we pay for force ads forced streaming forced gamertag being sent to unknown people great for pedophiles were looking for little kids if you want a spam of 3000 pics from every stupid game clip or screen shot from someone you don't even know or people using foul language in videos posted on a kids Xbox is inappropriate and we're forced to pay to get this option think something needs to be controlled as it's not considered a family Community with all this inappropriate activity going on and being forced to use it

• WifelyDrop9612WifelyDrop9612 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree it annoys me. Especially how every like 1 out of 500 I actually know! Who knows if it breaches 1 in 1000!

• KarmachaositgpKarmachaositgp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This just another example how they force us to have these features some of us don't want. I hate Cortana, beam, community garbage. It all just takes up space when we just want to play a game or watch Netflix without all the strings attached.

• skellenskellen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want this. Now that you can Look for Group and have been able to send invites to people you meet in game since day one, these posts clutter up the game feed. I have zero interest in following people i don't know. I have even less interest in seeing what someone has built in Minecraft or thinks is "Cool" by way of GTA screen shots. This nonsense gets in the way of the things my actual friends and I have done. This was a poor addition and i would opt out immediately if I could.

• Bos423Bos423 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to elaborate on Friends and Activity Feed, there should be an unfollow option for friends that spam the feed with videos and screenshots. You got my vote

• JOYDVSNJOYDVSN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. LET THIS HAPPEN. Phil Spencer and the rest of the crew allow this.

• Wh1plash96Wh1plash96 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! I hate the suggested friends in the feed and in my Friends list. I don't want to add random people.

• jimmylrjimmylr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Omg a 1000 times yes give us the choice please I pay a lot of money to Xbox every year please give me the choice !!!!!!

• JamesLee85JamesLee85 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree too. Too many suggestions, and too many ads for a paid subscription service.

I want to opt IN to suggestions. I play predominantly single player games and campaigns and have no interest in the activity feed, groups, clans, or any other social sharing element. I just want to sit down with my slippers on and play some Witcher 3. Is that too much to ask?

• WakenPakeWakenPake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree and also want the same for the "Popular Now" section in the Community tab.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base