Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Age verification for free offering games rated for CERO Z in Japan

(Japanese translation follows/後半に日本語訳を書いています)
In Japan we are not allowed to purchase games rated CERO Z (mature) in Japan by the local currency in my account but purchase by credit card because it proves we are enough old to play these mature game.
But there's no way to have payment option to download free offering games like Game with Gold, free trial or Beta and I think this is one of the reasons why we can't get these mature games in Japan.
For example, For Honor open beta on Xbox One is not available in Japan though it is available on PlayStation 4. On PlayStation 4, we pay small amount of money (1 yen, around 1 dollar) by credit card and paid back in our account afterwards.
We want to have more chance to play variety kind of games, so I hope your team will build this kind of verification system. Thank you.

日本では、CERO Zのゲームを購入するにはクレジットカードで決済しなければなりません。これは成人であることを証明するためだと理解しています。しかし、ゴールド無料やベータなどは支払いがないため、これがこうした無料オファーにCERO Zのゲームが日本に来ない一因だと考えています。
For Honorのオープンベータも、日本のXbox Oneには来ませんでした。PS4では、クレカで100円決裁した後、アカウントに返金するという形でFor Honorのベータが実施されています。
もっといろいろなゲームをプレイできるよう、こうした年齢認証の仕組みをXboxにもぜひ実装してください。
(これを読んだ人にはそもそもCEROがと言いたい人もいるかと思いますが、現実的に考えるとこうした仕組みでの対応を要望するしかないと思ってますのでよろしくお願いします)

449 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bob YAMADABob YAMADA shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ClaudiusGothicuClaudiusGothicu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello fellow Xbox gamers please may I take a few seconds of your time to introduce a awesome gamer group/ community called XBLFC (Xbox Live Friends Connect). I started this group November of 2015 and already we have 1,360 members.

Welcome to a new way to get to know your fellow xbox live friends/gamers. Now this is only for us gamers to get to know each other, you not just knowing your fellow gamer by an avatar on xbox live Anymore you really seeing who your fellow gamer friends are in life. And the great thing is this you can make new gamer friends who play the same type of games as you. A Community group where anyone can discuss or share anything Xbox related or gaming related. Who cares about paying for a magazine like gamer informer from gamestop?? I know I don't care even though I did for years for information that did not relate anything to my world of gaming such as Xbox maybe a few things here or there. So I decided to cut the greedy GS by posting everything that pertained to my world of gaming Microsoft Xbox with the help of my fellow Admins we post anything and everything Xbox. The beautiful part is Free and I also do little competition where members can win prizes $$$. Please just take the time to check us out and if you do Thanks #HappyGaming

ps for the month of April we are having a competition worth $50 to the winner

• GameCar75803586GameCar75803586 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BLANK ATM CARD FOR SALE;

With this programming ATM Blank Card installed with a chip, you will be able to withdraw money safely and clean from any drive thru ATM machine. Choose one of the following prices below to limit how much you want to withdraw from the drive through ATM machine everyday. Also here is proof of shipping will be mailed for you through. email, prices will also be mailed by email.

5,000$ (WITHDRAWAL)
    7,000$ (WITHDRAWAL + OVERNIGHT SHIPPING)
    10,000$ (WITHDRAWAL + OVERNIGHT SHIPPING)
    200,000$ (WITHDRAWAL + OVERNIGHT SHIPPING)

NOTE: We are only accepting serious buyers no beggars ! Everything you need to know about how to use the programming ATM card will all come in a manual package from the USA so please don't ask how we program or make the cards or how to use it for security reasons we don't want anyone or people using our method this is the only legit service out there, if you want to get out of debt and escape your daytime job then this is the way but use at your own risk. the card will expire in one year you will have to buy another one from us also when you get the card please don't over-use it or abuse it or show anyone, it is for your own risk and safely choose a price to how much you want to withdraw daily from then when you are ready to buy and are serious send us a message email at (100k.atmcard@gmail.com) to buy the ATM card we accept western union and please again we are only accepting serious buyers.

• GameCar75803586GameCar75803586 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BLANK ATM CARD FOR SALE;

With this programming ATM Blank Card installed with a chip, you will be able to withdraw money safely and clean from any drive thru ATM machine. Choose one of the following prices below to limit how much you want to withdraw from the drive through ATM machine everyday. Also here is proof of shipping will be mailed for you through. email, prices will also be mailed by email.

5,000$ (WITHDRAWAL)
    7,000$ (WITHDRAWAL + OVERNIGHT SHIPPING)
    10,000$ (WITHDRAWAL + OVERNIGHT SHIPPING)

NOTE: We are only accepting serious buyers no beggars ! Everything you need to know about how to use the programming ATM card will all come in a manual package from the USA so please don't ask how we program or make the cards or how to use it for security reasons we don't want anyone or people using our method this is the only legit service out there, if you want to get out of debt and escape your daytime job then this is the way but use at your own risk. the card will expire in one year you will have to buy another one from us also when you get the card please don't over-use it or abuse it or show anyone, it is for your own risk and safely choose a price to how much you want to withdraw daily from then when you are ready to buy and are serious send us a message email at (100k.atmcard@gmail.com) to buy the ATM card we accept western union and please again we are only accepting serious buyers.

• ULTMTKrunChNaTRULTMTKrunChNaTR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is NOT going to happen. FIX your issue in japan by legislation. this will affect every user on xbox in a negative way.

• TRU313DG3NDTRU313DG3ND commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it has to do with family settings. But if it is allowed "mature" rated games on that. Then i guess that should fix it.

We just don't know the details about on how you are having problems with purchasing and or playing free/beta content.

• Bob YAMADABob YAMADA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi myuumin,
    It is because downloading games free is not purchasing, so credit card system doesn't working.

• myuuminmyuumin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think you actually need a verification system. When you make purchases with a creditcard, the creditcard by itself is already linked to your microsoft account. Hence, why that should be sufficient proof that you are 18 years or older. I personally find it weird they won't let you get the free games even though you have a valid creditcard linked to your account...

In my opinion, if you are old enough to have a creditcard linked to your name they should let you get those free games without any trouble :)

So if you don't vote this suggestion because you don't like credit cards with verification though you want CERO Z games free offerings, please vote and comment what you think. If many people think so, MS would find another way.

もしもCERO Zゲームの無料提供を望んでいても、クレジットカードでの認証に反対という理由で投票しないという人がいれば、ぜひ投票したうえで何かしらコメントください。たくさんの人がそう考えているのであれば、MSも別の方法で認証の方法を考えてくれるかもしれません。何もコメントしないと今のままおま国が続くか、実現してもクレカ認証になるかもしれません。

I've mentioned about credit cards as other platform is now doing, and think it may not the best way to verification. If anything else is better you think, please suggest. MS will also consider about that.

クレジットカード認証は他の事例として挙げたので、 一番いい方法ではないかもしれません。もしもほかにいい方法があれば提案してみてはいかがでしょう。MSも何か考えてくれるかもしれません。

• Rhinoceros18Rhinoceros18 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

私はクレジットカードでの年齢認証は反対です。当然ながらクレジットカードを持っていない人もいるからです。もっと公平な手段で年齢を確認する方法があればそちらを支持したいと思います。

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base