Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Kinect adapter

Having boasted about the technological advancements,, what good are you when you still rely on a bunch of adapters and wires running all over your living room.

I have an Xbox One s which I recently bought. I had an Xbox One which I gave away to my cousin but I kept the Kinect.

Now if I'd like to connect the Kinect to my new console I need a new adapter which apparently is not even available for my location and I'd have to wait 3-4 weeks.

Why are you guys so hell bent on selling Each and Every accessory seperately? Don't you give that with the device itself?

It's like, I'll give you the coke but you'll have to pay for the bottle extra. I'll give you the tobacco, but you're going to have to pay for the paper extra(cigarette). Non sense. Just marketing strategy.

You should think of advancements like wirelessly connecting the Kinect to the console. Just how convenient would that be?

The users would not need any cables at all. Just plug in to power and keep it at any point in the room. Use your brains and work it out - Microsoft...

783 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

annavajj shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • JimmyDanger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even if you made them available to preorders only. I upgraded from my launch XO to an XOX (had an XOS, but missed the promo offer) - and have no access to skype, streaming video when game streaming, or any of the kinect enabled games. I realise it may be a select market, so make a limited run, promote preorders in advance, and help your dedicated early adopters who now have stranded peripherals.

• Zartan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Kinect adapters are in such high demand they regularly sell for $300 on Amazon and Ebay. Microsoft is torturing it's customers. I'd rather spend that money on new games, but you're giving us no choice.

• Zartan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have purchased dozens of Kinect games and continue to buy them from companies like Virtual Air Guitar, how am I supposed to play these games on Xbox One X?

• ChooseMyFate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seeing as the Kinect is discontinued I don't foresee this ever happening and I'm not sure why it has so many votes.

• Officer Aiden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just need an adapter, literally everywhere they sell it, Its extremely expensive or not in stock. Its quite amazing. Like seriously, I can grab a shovel and dig in my backyard and strike oil before i find an adapter that isn't three arms and four legs. Microsoft please.

• BL00DY FATALITY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To the people asking why they are stilk selling games that require kinect they don't. You obviously have misinformation or are referring to game titles that came out before the Kinect was killed off.

• BL00DY FATALITY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Kinect is a complete and utter failure. They made almost no sales on it because it sucked and they realized that. That's why the newer models including the S and the X no longer come with Kinect ports. They are trying to kill it off if it isn't obvious enough. Good riddens too. They made the adapters for those few people out there who actually liked the Kinect which there isn't high demand for therefor the adapters aren't going to be made as much. Also if they were just gonna include Kinect adapyers with the systems they would've just left the port on the system. Nobody cares about the damn thing including me. The only good thing to come of it was maybe dance dance revolution. That's probably the only game that function properly with the buggy thing anyways. Maybe in the far future when technology is good enough to make it act properly they'll add it onto their newer systems. Until then thank God. More time that can be spent on actual games.

• BeakedGenie078 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are games being sold that require Kinect when Kinect is no longer being sold? My kids love Just Dance got a new system and can not enjoy it fully. We use the old system to play Just Dance. So why did I bother to get the new one? It doesn't matter how great the graphics etc. are if you can't play your favorite game!

• junkrz789getit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need an adapter. The physical retailers don't seem to have them in stock. Amazon is selling them for 200 dollars. Is there any chance of Microsoft producing more?

• street2234 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i will not go as far as to ask for a re release i want it just to explore its capabilities such a failure but it could have been better

• L3THAL POPPA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are u so hell bent on being an idiot? The Kinect was a huge fail and people were want the adapter with your s even though u just got it?people like u are cancer to gaming

• THELAWHACKS21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reason why they didn’t include it is because the Kinect is dead and everyone wants to forget about it bc it’s garbage

• DrQiGong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS LINK takes you to the MOST VOTED THREAD about this issue, please VOTE and share!!:

Had the original Xbox One with kinect, bought the X1X and can't find the adapter even close to retail price anywhere ($300 in ebay and amazon!), thinking of following a DIY guide to hack the kinect connector to replace with usb 3.0 and connect a power supply, but don't want to mess it up as I'm not very good at tinkering electronics. :( IF I can't find a adapter before the return period is over, the most probable thing is that I return the X1X, since I don't want it without the kinect (one of the main uses in my xbox being skype).

• Rastan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's a joke that for a new console that "supports all accessories" that you discontinued the Kinect adapter. They are now hundreds of dollars from 3rd party sellers. How are we supposed to use our Kinects on the newer systems now? You've *** over a lot of customers on this. Keep making them please!

• FREEJAC1310 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kinect adapter is not able to be found for new people getting an S and / or X for Christmas. Reddit is being flooded with upset people looking for answers. Please communicate when we can expect new stock on the Kinect Adapters. Paying a ransom value from resellers is unacceptable and make Microsoft look bad as a company.

• PicanteMantis53 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought kinnect for my Xbox One S thinking that kids would be able to enjoy the Kinect games that theyloved so much. I was very disappointed to find out that I could not connect it. Biggest shock is that they are selling adapter over priced i.e. $100, means same price as Kinect. Even though you have discontinued Kinect, the adapter should be made available as long as it is still in the market for sale. We should not be caught in a situation where we bought a Kinect Sensor and yet can’t use it.
    I am very disappointed due to this also, in my friend group whoever is planning to buy gaming console I specifically asked them not to go with XBox

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base