Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Kinect adapter

Having boasted about the technological advancements,, what good are you when you still rely on a bunch of adapters and wires running all over your living room.

I have an Xbox One s which I recently bought. I had an Xbox One which I gave away to my cousin but I kept the Kinect.

Now if I'd like to connect the Kinect to my new console I need a new adapter which apparently is not even available for my location and I'd have to wait 3-4 weeks.

Why are you guys so hell bent on selling Each and Every accessory seperately? Don't you give that with the device itself?

It's like, I'll give you the coke but you'll have to pay for the bottle extra. I'll give you the tobacco, but you're going to have to pay for the paper extra(cigarette). Non sense. Just marketing strategy.

You should think of advancements like wirelessly connecting the Kinect to the console. Just how convenient would that be?

The users would not need any cables at all. Just plug in to power and keep it at any point in the room. Use your brains and work it out - Microsoft...

328 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

annavajj shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DrQiGong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS LINK takes you to the MOST VOTED THREAD about this issue, please VOTE and share!!:

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251649-accounts-subscriptions/suggestions/30950158-kinect-adapter-for-xbox-one-x-free

Had the original Xbox One with kinect, bought the X1X and can't find the adapter even close to retail price anywhere ($300 in ebay and amazon!), thinking of following a DIY guide to hack the kinect connector to replace with usb 3.0 and connect a power supply, but don't want to mess it up as I'm not very good at tinkering electronics. :( IF I can't find a adapter before the return period is over, the most probable thing is that I return the X1X, since I don't want it without the kinect (one of the main uses in my xbox being skype).

ALL OF YOU BE SMART AND GET ALL YOUR XBOX LIVE FRIENDS AND EVERYONE ELSE YOU CAN THAT HAS A OUTLOOK, HOTMAIL, MICROSOFT, ETC. ACCOUNT TO VOTE THIS REQUEST AND OTHERS THAT HAVE THIS END!!

• Rastan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's a joke that for a new console that "supports all accessories" that you discontinued the Kinect adapter. They are now hundreds of dollars from 3rd party sellers. How are we supposed to use our Kinects on the newer systems now? You've *** over a lot of customers on this. Keep making them please!

• FREEJAC1310 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kinect adapter is not able to be found for new people getting an S and / or X for Christmas. Reddit is being flooded with upset people looking for answers. Please communicate when we can expect new stock on the Kinect Adapters. Paying a ransom value from resellers is unacceptable and make Microsoft look bad as a company.
    https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Kinect-Adapter-One-Windows-10/dp/B01GVE4YB4/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1515000820&sr=1-1&keywords=kinect+adapter

• PicanteMantis53 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought kinnect for my Xbox One S thinking that kids would be able to enjoy the Kinect games that theyloved so much. I was very disappointed to find out that I could not connect it. Biggest shock is that they are selling adapter over priced i.e. $100, means same price as Kinect. Even though you have discontinued Kinect, the adapter should be made available as long as it is still in the market for sale. We should not be caught in a situation where we bought a Kinect Sensor and yet can’t use it.
    I am very disappointed due to this also, in my friend group whoever is planning to buy gaming console I specifically asked them not to go with XBox

• tedZ3PP3LIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 110% agree that making us pay for this adapter and removing the promo is a terrible business practice and I just upgraded to a gears 2tb from my day one console. I have been a customer since the original Xbox. This is totally unfair.

• JonnyFoxtrot5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this complaint. It is really disappointing that after supporting Microsoft by buying th me original Xbox One, Kinect and now also a One S that I am expected to buy a very expensive adapter to continue to use my Kinect. That's certainly not the type of service I expect from Microsoft.

• MorbidPencil594 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To you people ridiculing this guy: He is 100% right. They sell you this Kinect, but they don't say on the packaging that it won't work with the xbox one s. You find that out when you try to plug it in and there isn't a port for it. And then your daughter who asked for this for her birthday so she could play her "casual dancing game" has a worthless present. And not only can you not buy the adapter locally, you can't buy it anywhere. Not on the Microsoft store. Not at Amazon. If it is so unpopular and no one wants to use it, why can't they keep it in stock?

So mock the guy for not knowing that wireless isn't practical for the Kinect. Mock him for making a bad analogy. If Microsoft is selling me an accessory that is purported to work with their product, I shouldn't have to buy an extra adapter to make it work with their product. And if they are going to price gouge me -- and that is what this is -- I should at least be able to find the stupid adapter. Somewhere. Anywhere.

• Internet Expert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a lot of data to transfer back and forth between the console and Kinect sensor. Wireless does not have that kind of bandwidth. It would also be tremendously unreliable and laggy.

You're also suggesting Microsoft develop a completely new Kinect sensor with wireless capability, and by extension, a new Xbox to support new wireless connectivity between the console and sensor, all of which are something you need to buy all over again ($500?). All because you don't want to buy a $40 adapter.

The Kinect is being phased out because nobody ever uses it, and there's like 15 games that use a Kinect, most of which are casual dancing games.

"Use your brains" -- said someone who prefers to not use theirs.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base