Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

[Xbox One] In-Game Feature to transfer save game between profiles!

And i know that xbox360 got modded by transfering save from USB to Computers but there should just be a feature on the console itself where you could go into your games and apps find the game you want the save moved from profile to another by doing so if you had a old profile and a save from lets say Resident Evil 0, you should be able to choose an option inside that game in games and apps to choose which profile you want to sync that save with, that way people who spent hours into a game (these are mostly single player games) to be able to continiue that game with the save they been using, example my brother and i shared the family console until one day i got my own, but we had the same account well obvious reasons parents who only wanted to pay for 1 live gold account, now that i have my own i cant play my games from where i left them, i have to start all over in all my games which is really frustrating, example i have played alot of Resident Evil Revelations 2, that game is a massive grind! all the items i have earned from mission were a waste of time since i cant even use that save file..
So there really should be an option to sync the xbox with a game save between profiles.

Vote this up if you want Microsoft to implement this feature for the console.

949 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PrinceRevivalDK shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SmoothGem258347 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Sir/Madam...Get a Blank ATM CARD and cash good money/funds directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. It's 100% guaranteed secure with

no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a

technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, so get the blank ATM CARD today at our email address: blankatmfundz@gmail.com and make good money today

• PrinceRevivalDK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Legally Insane9 & Mogobe2004
    seems to me that you did not fully understand the above text
    i never said anything about transfering files between platforms, USB or whatsoever
    making the platform vulnerable to cheating, modding.

i said a feature that allows the system to transfer progress from existing files on the current platform making a backup of the file, then renaming all its user rights into the current profile thats being logged in.

Also that the 360 has a similar feature to transfer old gen games to the new gen console on cloudshare has nothing to do with this post, this post is all about making it possible to use your save files on any profiles and not just on the one it was originally created at

• Mogobe2004 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that it’s a bad idea. Everyone can try to find how to hack the console and then install mods for online games, like in PS4

• SaschaAM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure how to prevent achievement cheating. Sounds to me like this isn't possible without opening up possible exploitation.

• MikeMan975 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only problem with this is the potential for cheating. If they can sidestep that, then this is a great idea.

• LeadedCrane9706 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By the truth, it's interesting how many people should vote for this idea to be realized. Although I think that everything depends on the monetary component. For example, by using online platforms, they can adopt the game localization process. This very respectable company https://alconost.com/en/services/game-localization#anchor-1 can localize the company's websites and products into more than 60 languages.

BL00DY FATALITY
    I am well aware of the risks of exploiting the achievement systems by borrowing from friends and such, which is why i also said they should disable the achievement feature
    it could post a warning just like Fallout 4 when you play the game with mods
    "Warning: you are playing with mods, achievements will be disabled"
    they could do the same scripting for converting a save file from one to another microsoft account, but i also think they should make us able to go back to previous save files or making a new save file without deleting or overwriting our current, in case people want to go achievement hunting for the game, the feature could be like go under options either choose which save file you want to load from or disable a file making the system think theres no save file to prevent any interference with the files in some ways
    there are many possibilities, and i think they should be brought to the platform for players to enjoy the system at its full potential.
    I am not gonna lie, i recently bought a PC, so i could do all this without erasing files or something like that and i have been a Xbox Gamer since 2010, and i must say the way Microsoft limits its users on their system makes people choose other things.
    But i do still enjoy Xbox, but the platform does not allow me to mess around in games, example a few games that has been ported or something from 360 to an xbox One game, like Revelations 2 or Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 and so on, i have to restart these games all over even though i have already beated the game 100% and done all challanges, makes me unable to play from where i left it, i guess thats the price for upgrading the resolutions a tiny bit? and it shoulndt be like that, as a loyal user and player i should have access to everything i have achieved in my playtime..

• BL00DY FATALITY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If they did that people would cheat to get achievements borrowing their friends accounts to get their saves and such. Then they would use that rewards program to get free games. It's best to not have one of those unless they make it disable achievements.

does microsoft even watch these uservoice forums anymore? and like how many people needs to vote for something like this to be made for the xbox one? i remember you could do something similar on the xbox360, but here on xbox one things are so limited, but why? why limit the fun for people just let people enjoy their games to their full potential comeon microsoft, make this happen.

Darkhawk - Yes unfortunately, but that shouldnt be a problem, since microsoft could just script the code so that any achievements thats already been unlocked with that current save file wont register on the new profile, and it should come up with the warning hat achievements wont carry over, which i would be totally fine with, i would just try and beat the main campaign again without having to grind so much to have where i left the game, redoing a game and its story can be fun sometimes, but in a grinding game that you already been grinding weapons. parts for like 1000 of game play hours not so fun to redo really lol.

• Darkhawk Ninja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One thing to consider on this subject are those who would use this option to cheat through Achievements. This is one reason Minecraft worlds aren't transferable between gamertags. It is unfortunate that one person cheating can ruin it for everyone, but it happens.

• Spart75 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Leave it to Microsoft to come up with some stupid restrictions. How about Move the save game not Copy it. We all were playing under one profile and now I have my son under restricted profile so he cannot purchase anything. Well, he cant even move his saved game under that profile. Go figure, MS wants him to play so he can buy more garbage under my account. I guess I'll remove purchasing from my account so they wont get any $$$. Good job MS!

M3tal Daz3 - having a code of conduct of saying "you cannot use your own save game file nad progres as you like" is just dull, this is why people play on PC bcus Xbox and PS ruins the fun and experience for people by making to many lame rules.
    when i play my games i wanna enjoy playing my games, if i lose an account or make a new one etc i should still be able to play through my current progress ! the danish gaming community would NEVER come up with lame rules as that, only americans make up stupid things like this, like hell, look at your president, if ANYONE can be president in your states then thats pretty fked up... it tells everhything about America!.. sorry just had to say it..

• M3tal Daz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would go against the rules of the service and the Code of Conduct. Don't agree!

Thanks for all the support guys, 54 votes great, but i wish more people would share the same OP as many of us already voted for it, i know that theres alot of you people out there only playing multiplayer games where these saves are stored in an online server but still imagine if you did play lets say lots of Fallout 4, or Dying Light, and then suddently cant use that save with all your progress because of like mentioned you got your own xbox live account and not sharing with your family anymore? how would you feel like not being able to play from where you left it.. besides its a good and should have been a standard feature, maybe one day you wish you could do it.

VOTE it up guys :) .

Excactly Chris! I remember the old memory card for example PS1 and 2, and it was the best thing in games that happended there, you brought your games and memory card to your friends house and you could both enjoy the game from that save etc or save it on a different memory card to have a backup save or share it with your friends and family.
    what happened to that?

• ChrisBardon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see this so I can share saves for couch co-op games with my kids. If my son wants to play with the shared Lego Avengers save we've been playing on his own, I have to sign him into my account

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base