Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

[Xbox One] In-Game Feature to transfer save game between profiles!

And i know that xbox360 got modded by transfering save from USB to Computers but there should just be a feature on the console itself where you could go into your games and apps find the game you want the save moved from profile to another by doing so if you had a old profile and a save from lets say Resident Evil 0, you should be able to choose an option inside that game in games and apps to choose which profile you want to sync that save with, that way people who spent hours into a game (these are mostly single player games) to be able to continiue that game with the save they been using, example my brother and i shared the family console until one day i got my own, but we had the same account well obvious reasons parents who only wanted to pay for 1 live gold account, now that i have my own i cant play my games from where i left them, i have to start all over in all my games which is really frustrating, example i have played alot of Resident Evil Revelations 2, that game is a massive grind! all the items i have earned from mission were a waste of time since i cant even use that save file..
So there really should be an option to sync the xbox with a game save between profiles.

Vote this up if you want Microsoft to implement this feature for the console.

83 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PrinceRevivalDK shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Spart75 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Leave it to Microsoft to come up with some stupid restrictions. How about Move the save game not Copy it. We all were playing under one profile and now I have my son under restricted profile so he cannot purchase anything. Well, he cant even move his saved game under that profile. Go figure, MS wants him to play so he can buy more garbage under my account. I guess I'll remove purchasing from my account so they wont get any $$$. Good job MS!

• PrinceRevivalDK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

M3tal Daz3 - having a code of conduct of saying "you cannot use your own save game file nad progres as you like" is just dull, this is why people play on PC bcus Xbox and PS ruins the fun and experience for people by making to many lame rules.
    when i play my games i wanna enjoy playing my games, if i lose an account or make a new one etc i should still be able to play through my current progress ! the danish gaming community would NEVER come up with lame rules as that, only americans make up stupid things like this, like hell, look at your president, if ANYONE can be president in your states then thats pretty fked up... it tells everhything about America!.. sorry just had to say it..

Thanks for all the support guys, 54 votes great, but i wish more people would share the same OP as many of us already voted for it, i know that theres alot of you people out there only playing multiplayer games where these saves are stored in an online server but still imagine if you did play lets say lots of Fallout 4, or Dying Light, and then suddently cant use that save with all your progress because of like mentioned you got your own xbox live account and not sharing with your family anymore? how would you feel like not being able to play from where you left it.. besides its a good and should have been a standard feature, maybe one day you wish you could do it.

VOTE it up guys :) .

Excactly Chris! I remember the old memory card for example PS1 and 2, and it was the best thing in games that happended there, you brought your games and memory card to your friends house and you could both enjoy the game from that save etc or save it on a different memory card to have a backup save or share it with your friends and family.
    what happened to that?

• ChrisBardon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see this so I can share saves for couch co-op games with my kids. If my son wants to play with the shared Lego Avengers save we've been playing on his own, I have to sign him into my account

• AceSLive commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you stopped spamming everyone elses ideas for votes, then I'd vote for this for you, but as it stands, you're pissing off a lot of people just spamming your *** on other peoples more popular ideas. Stop

• AdvancedNinja44 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once implemented, Xbox should state all the information regarding this so people don't get confused in any way. Perhaps in a 7 minute video (A 2 minute video wouldn't cut it.) Along with your idea, Xbox should make this possible EVEN WITH LOCKED accounts on the console. It's not as if you are going into the profile itself to gain additional information and/or try to frame/ban the profile.

CleverSpace498.

Some games are fun redoing yeah, but Revelations 2, hell no, i put more than 2000 hours into that game just Raid mode alone, and even with these 2000 insane hours i only had 5 weapons that was pretty good, but the parts for the weapons were never really maxed out.
    the thing in Revelations 2 is you cant remove parts if u place them, you combine parts from lv 1 up to 20sh, imagine combining over 1000 lv 1 parts just to get ONE lv 20 for ONE weapon?
    that isnt fun, and you dont wanna put a lv 11 into a good weapon you spend 100 of hours to earn just to either delete the weapon to retrieve its parts again or remove the parts and redo the combining?

Anyways, about the achievements, i dont really care about that, it is just a completion, which never really interested me, so IF they could make this happen, then simply just remove Achievements from ported over save games, then people get the chooise to redo the game first before adding their saves back, or not able to get them at all.

Id choose gameplay over achievements ANYDAY, especially games like mentioned above.
    its way to much grind.

• CleverSpace498 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did this too, with my wife on 360. On XB1 I started over, giving my wife our shared profile. On my new profile I just broke 10,000. My wife is at 60,000.
    With backwards compatibility I have found replaying games again is actually very fun. Redoing 10 years of achievements has been exciting and I just finished the Mass Effect Trilogy with new characters and choices.

I can't vote for this, because you gotta earn the achievement and you can't prove if you did it or your brother did... Just like I can't prove or separate achievements in games my wife and I both played. We both had characters and separate game saves in Skyrim under one profile, but who earned which achievement?

Furthermore, I'd rather Microsoft focus on new games and backwards compatibility rather than waste time, money and resources trying to find out who in your house got 100% completion on Cars the video game.
    Imagine the petty fights they would have to referee.

Look at it this way, if you don't want to redo it, it just shows you only care about the numbers and bragging rights and not the game. If you cared that much about the numbers, you should have kept the profile and made your brother start over. As a compromise, why don't you have your brother sign in on your new profile and grind some achievement points for you?

Now, I am going to fire up the 360 and play some Raiden 4. It isn't Backwards compatible, but it sure is fun!

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base