Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Ignore the word "The" when sorting purchased games/films

Some films in the Films and TV app ignore the word "The" when sorting alphabetically. I would like all Films to behave this way. Additionally, this would be useful when sorting your games

182 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

nw1gamer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Barabus69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, need to remove 'The' from these things. "The Witcher 3" should be sorted under 'W' not under 'T'....

• deSynq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They should also group games from a single series in chronological order. Halo Wars: Definitive edition shouldn't be placed after Halo Wars 2, Darksiders 1 should come before Darksiders2, Fallout: New Vegas should come before Fallout 4, Gears of War Ultimate should be before Gears 2,3 & 4, Halo: MCC should come before Halo 5... and so on.

• Capta1nAm3rica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more. When it's downloading, Jackbox Party Pack 3 shows as just that. When in "my games and apps" it was "The Jackbox Party Pack 3". Quit the shenanigans, Microsoft!

• ScaryBunny18926 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly!
    The Witcher belongs under W not T! The same with The Crew, The Bunker, The Deer God, The Escapists, The Little Acre. The list goes on!
    The "The" should be ignored.

• Phernost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially for "Games & apps" app. Banner Saga #1 is sorted under T (The Banner Saga), while #2 is sorted under B (Banner Saga 2). I have 30 other digital games that are all under T because they start with "The"

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base