Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Bring back the KInect gestures for xbox Dashboard

They were pretty good easy to use. It is a main attractive for the buyers of xbox one with kinect
If Microsoft brings them back Every one will have the full experience
of kinect as promised. If the gestures come back with few more new features and gestures the users will be able to use xbox eita an ease rather than using controller even for Dashboard

760 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LadylikeMage87 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Charlie304250 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked the gestures, but most importantly I liked the scan a code feature so I didn't have to manually enter the code...

• BL00DY FATALITY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They never removed the gestures. Lol You just gotta enable them in the settings now. They just want you to forget about that heap of junk and I don't blame them. The Kinect sucked although a good idea at first.

• Undertakecare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kinect is controversial. I owned every XBox since the first one and when Kinext came out I only thought "WTF is this?" A camera spying on me, plus a microphone? Almost no games to use it with. Waving your arms around standing in front of you TV looks ridiculous. Later I really bought one for physical traning games and Kinect only sucked. Didn't work at all. Let it die, it's completely useless.

• SwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It’s not happening. No one used them outside of a tiny minority. They’re a memory and CPU hog. In case you haven’t noticed they’re eliminating all of the dashboard Kinect features, almost certainly in favor of Cortana speakers taking over those functions.

• BO0O0O0O0O0O0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes it's easier to just be hands free. Not being able to say "Xbox Select" anymore is really frustrating

• EmreB1983 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My children playing with only kinect games, I dont want to open games for them...

Besides when the xbox one launch event they said "Kinect gesture supported dashboard" and after the couple of years some features gone with software update!

I dont care how many kinect sold by microsoft, we bought kinect and microsoft should keep word!

I guess Microsoft is very unashamed corporation...

• victor vianna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah! I bought Xbox One because I love the idea of to use TV, listen to music, watch movies and series with Kinect gestures and voice, without need to take any controller.

I was very bored when Microsoft finished this functions.

• SERIAL KILLA C4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me personally I liked the hand gesture features so in my opinion they need to bring it back so I don't have to turn the controller on every time I need to navigate the internet or through the dashboard.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base