Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Bring Original xbox live back

I Have A Great Idea Microsoft Please Bring Back the Original Xbox Live Back For Original Xbox So We Can Feel that awsome experience again i wanna play need for speed underground 2 online again and the great old school games.... PLS PLS BRING ORIGINAL GAMING BACK FOR THE FIRST ORIGINAL XBOX!!!!!!

218 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DraftierJagrawr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RayRay2231 2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While lot of people are saying it would be impossible, I have to disagree. The original Xbox's live service was mainly based off of P2P networking which means it would use other Xbox' s as servers. That means that they wouldn't have to set up a huge amount of servers or anything. Plus the Xbox 360 is proof that they could do it because all the cod, halo, gears, and like 90% of all other online games on the 360 use P2P. Pretty much what I'm saying is that there's probably like an on and off switch for the original Xbox live in the Microsoft offices.

• JesusThEBirD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The sever netcode and just gamecode in general prolly wouldnt work in todays xbl framework...thats why they have backwards combatibility...

• ClingingLime928 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I GOT MY PROGRAMMED BLANK ATM CARD TO WITHDRAW A MAXIMUM OF $5000 DAILY.
    I AM SO EXCITED BECAUSE I ORDERED AND PAID FOR DELIVERY, DIDN'T GET SCAMMED, AND I NOW OWN MY HOME,
    MY BUSINESS HAS GROWN BIGGER.
    GEORG BEDNORZ (georgbednorzhackers@gmail.com) IS THE NAME OF THIS USA HACKER THAT GAVE ME THE CARD
    AND ALSO HE IS OFFERING ALL KINDS OF LOAN WITH ONLY 2% INTEREST RATE.

• Darkhawk Ninja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox is always moving forward. While they have started making original Xbox games backward compatible for us, I don't see old game servers dusted off and started up.

• SupaHype commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I def would like to see Microsoft bring back the original Xbox Live. Especially now that they are bringing forth original Xbox games to the Xbox one. It would be great connecting the original to the network with the other generations of the console.

• M3tal Daz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think there will be a serious effort to open servers for old consoles. It will be better to ask for old games to become part of the bc list

• Hakkane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The number of players on Original Live at any time point would be ridiculously low compared with 360/One, but I really think MS should do an effort and bring back online the old Live network, and the reason is purely "conservationist": MS created the modern online gaming in consoles, and as a tribute to their own work, and to preserve that tribute for future generations (in the same way as a museum preserve all kind of artifacts) they should bring it back. Even if it is a single modern server virtualizing their old servers network, but they should keep it running on its basics.

Something as great as Xbox Live deserves a living reminder of its own origins

• HellbentGinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, just got an original xbox again and i'd love to have a blast on "ghost recon 2" or the original "forza"online.
    I have many friends who'd also jump back on the original xbox for a few evenings here and there, retro gaming is on the rise and being able to play online again would just be so awesome.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base