Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Customizable Dashboard

There should be a variety of layouts to design a dashboard fit for the individual gamer. No more dashboard ads. Old school Xbox players can use old school 360 dashboards like the blades if they want. Pins are cool, but let's add in more to work with.

1,196 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FloridaBlaze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CooingCorn89416 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TODAY I'M SO HAPPY I'M LIVING WELL WITH THE HELP OF ENGINEER MICHAEL BLANK ATM CARD

I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts. Until one day i discovered a hacking man called Engineer Michael, he is really good at what he is doing. is given out Blank ATM card to help people and make people rich. I was surprise after he sent me mine after doing what he asked, i receive the card from ups delivery with my pin. I use it in any ATM machine it works well without any trace, i cash out $5000 daily everyday. God bless you sir. please his email is micharelatmhacker@gmail.com or text him +18508008129. i care about you too i want you to be rich and be happy like me. please tell him i'm sharing his information for what he has done for me. try and try yours and to be rich. God bless you Michael.

• theman72HG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Besides some small tweaks along the way the current Dashboard is here to stay till at least XboxTwo launches

• Trowa Barton420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i dont even use community mixer or entertainment. i use hulu, netflix and games and the store. thats it and i used to use all the xbox features.

• SPGamer4Life commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Why not Arcade Style? Home will be like a standard cabinet (XBLA perhaps) and as you go through the guide (dash): Community should look like a Highscore, Trending maybe a random, so on

• DaT Kid Reek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd definitely agree with that idea, the concept of being able to make your own unique layout and design your own dashboard would be pretty sick and unique. Definitely could potentially get more people involved in Xbox too if they know they'd have essentially some more freedom

• Undertakecare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seconded. I would like to be able to hide all that useless crap like Mixer, Community, Friends list etc. I want to play with my console, not use it as a chat client or media player. The entire dashboard is overloaded with such surplus features. That also would make the console faster. Even the "fast" XBox One X is slow in everything you do on the dashboard, like listing Game DVR clips/screenshot, editing them, managing files/apps/games. Every action you trigger has a visible reaction time. The worst is when you press the HOME button on the controller to make a screenshot. It has a delay of more than 1s until the the game freezes! Often the moment in the game you want to capture is gone.

• TrustingBug2981 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customizable dashboard, is a great idea, that's why millions love android over IOS. The options to change it would be on us to choose, and whether to download major dashboard layouts from the app store, such as a 360 style with similar 360 operation or to adopt a more PS4 style and operation and even better is a more dynamic dashboard to bring more LIFE into the whole Xbox One experience.

The second major issue I have with the whole Xbox One brand is the lack of LIFE, people are social creatures that need positive energy, something that is better with Windows 10 but needs improvement. Microsoft Office had a lively icon that moved around the screen and monitored your activities making suggestions based on what you was doing, I guess some people found it annoying but it did bring LIFE to the experience. Our Gamertag characters could be used to notify us more actively. Even better, Microsoft could set up a major awards system, much more thoughtful than what's current, on Windows 10 and Xbox that is way more pleasing and light hearted, that awards us points for viewing ads to eventually use them to by movies and games.

The other major issue I have is the settings menu, there are too many main menu choices, there should only be 4 or 5 main categories: Audio, Video, Networking, System and maybe Devices, that's it. Just clicking on one these brings up a sub menu of more detailed categories.

• M3tal Daz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be a good idea but people have issues getting around their dashboards as it is

• BeastFlame3000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea because of the (March 2017) update it has been harder to navigate to the homepage or apps

• chadesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this will most likely never happen since very few people care about this. I would love to have a totally customizable dashboard, but MS wants control of ads space on our consoles.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base