Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Closed Suggestion - Enforcement Requests

Your idea has been merged with this post because it doesn't meet our posting guidelines. We are unable to assist with individual user experiences.

We have a website dedicated to helping users understand the Terms of Use and policies of Xbox Live.  In addition, you can reach out to the Xbox Enforcement team using the resources linked below.

More information on this process is available at the Xbox Case Review FAQ.

Xbox Enforcement http://enforcement.xbox.com
Xbox Case Review FAQ https://enforcement.xbox.com/Home/HowTo#sub-topic0-6
Xbox Enforcement FAQ http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4276/t/1624539.aspx

Thank you!

cser

1,539 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mister Retr0AdminMister Retr0 (Feedback Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Closed  · 

244 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SmateSmate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They do have a phone number to be reached if it is a legitimate reason.

• chudlocochudloco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll tell you all about your enforcement team I have been a gamer with this company for at least 17 years I have been gaming as a positive role model giving people feedback try my hardest to ignore all the racism you guys allow on this console and also I continued to actually Market you guys as Consul even when I became homeless I still backed up you guys as console even when I lost my second place where I lived I still backed up you guys is console even when I became broke no money no job and then finally ended up becoming a better gamer from it I still backed up you guys have company now the thing is really funny you guys don't back up anybody enforcement just removed my chat privileges for 7 days because I told somebody that they are not allowed to teabag and I told somebody that they are not allowed to team kill and I didn't even write the words to back what I wrote to them was I do not care what you think of my gaming and I really really wish that you would show him something better other than posting that you got some kills and having some attitude this person ended up getting into your system and ended up convincing enforcement which we all know is just a machine that literally dings words that you have typed in and you basically removed me from all communication so now I can't communicate to my teammates I can't communicate to friends that need to communicate to me about how our team is doing about where we're going in the game battles about anything basically going on oh and you know what the best thing is you guys also know allowed me to be just rigorously thrown under the bus by every game I'm in that people think I'm just being a very obnoxious person and not joining their party you will allow people to shoot me in the face that are on my team you allowed them to send me messages that are very hateful and mean and you're allowing them not to know why I can't respond back and say hey I'm on chat banned and that's basically all I can say nope not even allowing that and you know why you're not allowing it because you don't care and it doesn't make you money I found out that you guys are now allowing banned players to come back online for a price that's really amazing you can literally just give them and quote them a price on and they can come right back home it sounds like you're trying to just make us all look up to so I'm done with your company this is great because I can't wait to get my own gaming PC that has nothing to do with your company and your software this will be the most hilarious time because when I am making my money and I know for a fact that one time goes to you guys I will be making sure that that time comes back to me 30 thousand times over and then you'll know what it feels like to be treated like your wallet because that's the way you treat your customers like a wallet you guys have a horrible day because I'm done with your company and I'm done with you guys thinking that you are allowed to treat people this way

• InviteTheKnightInviteTheKnight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The amount of people who are banned because Microsoft refuses to accept that not everyone is a machine is power abuse.

• StarlessCargo87StarlessCargo87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howTo#sub-topic0-5

" Will I get banned just because I received complaints?

No. A common misconception is that a certain number of reports will result in an automatic suspension. According to the myth, even if you haven’t done anything wrong someone can get you suspended by encouraging players to file many complaints. This is completely untrue.

XBLPET investigates complaints and takes each report into consideration when making an enforcement decision, but a certain volume or frequency of complaints doesn’t guarantee a suspension. We take an evidence-based approach to enforcement and take numerous factors into account when considering issuing a suspension. The context around the content or activity is particularly essential and drives our decision-making process. Simply put, there is no magic formula that instantly results in a suspension.

Despite what some may claim, XBLPET will never ever ban anyone “for no reason”. Suspensions always occur as a result of a specific Code of Conduct violation.

"

• StarlessCargo87StarlessCargo87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howTo#sub-topic0-5

" Will I get banned just because I received complaints?

No. A common misconception is that a certain number of reports will result in an automatic suspension. According to the myth, even if you haven’t done anything wrong someone can get you suspended by encouraging players to file many complaints. This is completely untrue.

XBLPET investigates complaints and takes each report into consideration when making an enforcement decision, but a certain volume or frequency of complaints doesn’t guarantee a suspension. We take an evidence-based approach to enforcement and take numerous factors into account when considering issuing a suspension. The context around the content or activity is particularly essential and drives our decision-making process. Simply put, there is no magic formula that instantly results in a suspension.

Despite what some may claim, XBLPET will never ever ban anyone “for no reason”. Suspensions always occur as a result of a specific Code of Conduct violation.

"

• I R GOATI R GOAT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just work around cursing that's what I do lmao people spam meet with hate messages instead of replying I report it's easier and waaaaay funnier to me. Just don't be dumb and watch what you say call it a Johnson use words like trash instead of obscenities

• SoloSugar812420SoloSugar812420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a awful feature swearing is a part of life if I get chat banned one more time for swearing in a T rated or up game because people like to cry Im just gonna switch to playstation for good.

• Deathstroke32xDeathstroke32x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@cleverspace489 thats exactly the point,you can get banded within in secs of reporting yet have to go through so much to prove innocents.

• NighterlevNighterlev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is why you don't join malicious parties, do something bad (AKA you cuss in parties, can get you communications banned)

If you were reported by a bunch of different users all at once Xbox Enforcement won't do anything besides looking into your latest chat history for that month.

They look into your chat history, your party history, game history, etc. before they actually do anything at all. They don't just ban you out right for getting reported a bunch.

• o Rivers oo Rivers o commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

here here, yes, yes and bloody yes. get rid of these xbox ***. They do nothing but further the bad reputation of xbox

• EmotiveSnow0573EmotiveSnow0573 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same thing someone random invited me to a party called TRUST x DXNNY and used alternate accounts to report me and got me banned from communicating at all. Thx xbox enforcement you really help people get banned because of people who abbuse it and you just help them.

• GUTTERxSNIPEGUTTERxSNIPE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@CleverSpace498 is absolutely right. I've gotten suspended before without saying a word. You must've done something rude to *** someone off, I like to teabag, so... lol
    And just because your not 'online' doesn't mean your not using Xbox live services..

• Dylan Berry 223Dylan Berry 223 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, The Nazi's of the gaming industry. Heil mein Führer Microsoft! Don't break the rules to many times or they might send you to a concentration camp.

• CleverSpace498CleverSpace498 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps your friends got you banned??? Maybe it was your in-game behavior? There are channels to find out why you got kicked. Go to the ambassaors and enforcers forum to find out more.

• CleverSpace498CleverSpace498 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You must have done something wrong, and considering your attitude here I can see you have issues with anger. If you are innocent, record your gameplay and chat session and submit it as evidence. After all, others must present evidence to prove you deserve to be banned... And they obviously did if you got banned.

• AdventurorAdventuror commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this opinion to change the way the complaints are acted upon. They just want to save money by getting a bot to sift through messages when reported against. These bots just pick up offensive words without knowing the whole story. Even the form to dispute the case doesn't have enough characters to explain the whole situation. I have been playing Overwatch competitive and the shear amount of trolls that have given up on the game but just want to block your way as Mei or some other character is just annoying you by not letting you listen to other useful chat by talking useless stuff. Even though they can be muted, this is really hard to do in comp match, mid-game. There is no way to stop them and it ends up ruining your own game. The game you paid good money for. Sometimes, peoples' behavior in game is much more offensive or harmful than some crude words. But how would a BOT (program) get this. They say that the enforcement team is taking action and give some excuse about privacy concerns but HOW DO WE KNOW our concerns are actually being heard by the enforcement team before taking their action.
    I say we all start a blog or a Facebook page outside of here so that Microsoft or Xbox finally pay attention to it. Please take the time to voice these concerns to the general public so that others may not have to suffer the way we have. Please make short YouTube videos to discuss this if you have followers. I would make the videos if I had experience with it. But I'll make sure to vote for it though.

• Jstaff24Jstaff24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@SAM1DESTROYER

IW and Activision took MW2 off the backwards compat list. Why? Because they're most likely gonna "remaster" it. Xbox doesn't have a say in what they backwards compat without the companies consent first ***. Your comment looked like what a 10 year old would say. Go back to grade school and get a clue.

• Apex SammothApex Sammoth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 100% agree it's a major problem that has to be addressed. I have 11 years with Xbox and got my 1st chat ban today. I don't deny what I said what was wrong. I know for a fact they did nothing to the player that reported me even though they were doing the same thing.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base