Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Closed Suggestion - Enforcement Requests

Your idea has been merged with this post because it doesn't meet our posting guidelines. We are unable to assist with individual user experiences.

We have a website dedicated to helping users understand the Terms of Use and policies of Xbox Live.  In addition, you can reach out to the Xbox Enforcement team using the resources linked below.

More information on this process is available at the Xbox Case Review FAQ.

Xbox Enforcement http://enforcement.xbox.com
Xbox Case Review FAQ https://enforcement.xbox.com/Home/HowTo#sub-topic0-6
Xbox Enforcement FAQ http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4276/t/1624539.aspx

Thank you!

cser

1,831 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mister Retr0AdminMister Retr0 (Feedback Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

298 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Illuminalyd7Illuminalyd7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been banned 3 times in 3 months, all because little kids who shouldn't even be playing decide to troll and I say a few adult words to them. This system where one interaction removed all of your online communications is ridiculous, though it will never change. I'm seriously thinking of going to PlayStation if this isn't fixed.

• GIytterGIytter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Those two suggestions alone would solve A LOT of problems with the enforcement team. People spend so much money on gaming consoles and accounts with xbox to just get suspended and given no reason for the suspensions, so after they are no longer suspended they still don't know which actions to make sure they don't do again.

Also, if you happen to beat someone in a game, they just report your account for cheating/unhelpful/anything really just because they are mad they didn't win. Over time, if you are a good player this ends up getting you suspended just for playing games and winning.

• Ba11HuSt1ErBa11HuSt1Er commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got banned for the second time for either calling a kid a scrub because I was at the top of the leader boards and him and his friends were trying to kick me or because I put a cat emoji and said that was a p**sy emoji. I wish I knew which one it was but Microsoft won't tell us what evidence they used to ban us. I filed a case review the first ban thinking I would get a response or detailed explanation but all I got was a "decision upheld". To even get a case reviewed you need to pass a questionnaire. Seriously I have to take a test to get due process?! I have been on Xbox live since it came out and have never been banned, but in the last two months I've gotten hit with two bans! Either this process of punish for freedom of speech without explanation changes or im heading to PC. The enforcement team plays judge and juror. They are a mafia. Upon speaking the a manager of customer support his advice is to wait until the ban ends and to play with friends I normally play with so that I don't need to cummincate with them to play well. REALLY?! Just because you agreed to a contract by purchasing the product does not mean that constitutional rights such as due process and freedom of speech can be taken away. There are such things as unconscionable contracts and with the enforcement team being trigger happy with bans it can certainly be held as unconscionable. Prohibiting customers from fully enjoying the goods they purchased because a group of individuals said so? Yeah, another ban and I'm PC bound.

• WillH0070WillH0070 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im dissapointed xbox was my favorite console but the enforcement team just cant do anything when you apply for a review you really need talk with the person not just send a message saying the same thing over and over again. I will never buy an xbox again

• Genesis1953Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add additional methods of communicating with the enforcement team to better serve the Live community.

• Kinny xDKinny xD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, the simple fact you cant contact them unless you have been suspended is awful. Even the other support teams can't contact them and they can even see that something is blatantly wrong and you need there help. I'm sat with 4 reports on my account in the past 6 months and my account is set to avoid me so i cant even play any of the games i own. How hard is it for them to look at this case and go oh wait we've obviously *** up lets take 2 minuets
    to fix this.....

• Dysentery DaveyDysentery Davey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree, i have been banned because i got team killed in a game, so i messaged them telling them not to team kill! its ridiculous and obsurd that i can be banned for two weeks for something like that! yet the person who ruined the game for me gets away with it

• ManOfOneManOfOne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like how the enforcement is but there needs to be a way to curtaile wrongful reporters.

• PassyPassPassyPass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need an ability to contact the enforcement team. My son on my family account got a 28 hr ban because someone he was playing with was cheating. How can I fix it if I have no idea what the cheat was. I am big on game etiquette and playing right. With all the YouTubers posting cheats and glitches daily these young kids are going to try anything. Again though, I want to know what he did so I can fix it or block the appropriate players so it doesn't happen again.

• Hybrid MausHybrid Maus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My account 'Maus' was banned for almost the same reason I was joking around with a friend on Xbox Messages and I get banned for Money and Account Phishing. ??? Come on Microsoft.

• GolpeBaix0GolpeBaix0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You do not have any assistance on the Enforcement website ... Even the statistics are wrong. I'm on "Avoid Me" on the console, but the site says I've been a "Good Player" for over 1 month. It's a joke.

• Sadisitc223Sadisitc223 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe the enforcement needs to be changed my old account that I had for 13 years got perma banned because I was reported for modding a game. I asked for a legit reason for why who and,on what grounds then they gave. Be a bogus bull shot run around and not tell me soni lost my account and had to,start games all over that I played for years and lose about 80% of my friend list in the process simply because they won't let you. This was bs microsoft knows it but refuses to do anything to fix there stupid enforcement team ran now by microsoft employees but by random *** people that have no accountability for there say can join just by damn applying. Explain how that is fair.

• IlBKIlBK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IKR! The system is COMPLETELY BROKEN and so easily abused. I have an 'avoid me' reputation for apparently 'cheating' and 'unsporting behaviour' when I NEVER cheat and NEVER HAVE cheated in ANY video game and I'm definitely not 'unsporting' as I ALWAYS play by the rules and play the game the way it's supposed to be played! I've probably just been reported by salty kids who I've beaten and now I can't even play the games I PAID FOR!

Someone needs to do something about this because It shouldn't be legal to bar someone from using something that they have purchased.

• Zech LeeZech Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't play overwatch because I beat someone and they spam reported me to avoid me. I have to work my *** *** off all day on World Of Tanks because Microsoft lets 9 year olds play pick n choose.

• Tsui KyitTsui Kyit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So XBL doesn't want us to lose our cool? Well that's not realistic. Banned twice on for playing Advanced Warfare, once for giving a troll a piece of my mind and second for no reason whatever. I was telling a salty kid to get better.

• ArminatorXArminatorX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You need to understand that the swearing in games is directed to other (virtual) characters in the game. The game is not insulting you as the player or a member of your multiplayer lobby.

However, by your message, you directly insulted a person, which is against the Xbox Live Code of Conduct and Terms of Use. And therefore you're rightfully suspended, no matter how many swear words are used in a game.

I understand the need for monitoring but sometimes it does seem extreme especially with the language that is included in the games.

This appears to be an issue with many gamers. It may be time to revamp the way this system works as many people seem to get banned simply because others don't want to play against good players and so they report them.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base