Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

Closed Suggestion - Enforcement Requests

Your idea has been merged with this post because it doesn't meet our posting guidelines. We are unable to assist with individual user experiences.

We have a website dedicated to helping users understand the Terms of Use and policies of Xbox Live.  In addition, you can reach out to the Xbox Enforcement team using the resources linked below.

More information on this process is available at the Xbox Case Review FAQ.

Xbox Enforcement
Xbox Case Review FAQ
Xbox Enforcement FAQ

Thank you!

2,049 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminMister Retr0 (Feedback Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Luciano Di Mase commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys need to get serious and stop deluding yourselves. All messages are checked before a ban is put in place. You are never banned for no reason.

• Sexy Theme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This totally needs to be heard, after the recycle gamertag release I had the chance to get the gamertag Mamo, the account had 3 year tenure and someone threatend to ban me, seconds after I was banned! Permanently!! I filed a case review and they put no effort in and denied me. Fix your ban systems or get the f*** rid of them!

• STR1VER7777 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the biggest things I hate about Xbox. It was bad back when the 360 was released and it has, progressively, got worse to the point it’s non existent. It needs to be overhauled or gutted and reconstituted. For the love of god.

• iTz Bullz i commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I report boosters in halo 5 all the time and i never feel like the report system even works.

• Goggs25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree totally my 1st was because I went from level 1 to 50 in a day on Gears 2 during the experience event that the Dev's launched.

And they have done nothing about those random messages saying hi I found you so and so site basically scammers none of hem have been banned

• Brilliant Calm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm banned for 10 days after dealing with a salty kid in-game on Rocket League (go figure as its the worst community in the gaming world) who then started blowing up my messages. I told him off then blocked him. But hey, he can complain and whine all the hell he wants apparently. The Xbox Enforcement system is a piece of work and it really makes me feel like lighting this Xbox One X on fire and downloading Linux for my PC and buying Sony products.

But hey, that is just me.

• jj200121 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree with this one on one partly, i have been communication banned for 2 weeks and i dont send bad messages, i think they should be easier on some of the comments made

• Patjoew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a allot of people saying they reported me (no reason at all but beating them ingame) never have i got banned. Ever thought to follow your own advise block players dont reply at all??

• Zerrak Zeor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are mad if you think they are strict. The gameplay has been going down hill for the longest time because of the lack of strict enforcement. They need to be more strict if anything. They should start taking away the consoles of people whom cheat nonstop and stop letting them buy their way back or at least for people who cheat nonstop or most the time at least to only play with other cheaters on all games once found to be a complete cheater in two or more games.

• M3tal Daz3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have the possibility to avoid harassment through reporting or blocking. As for the rest read the Code of Conduct which you agreed upon when signing for xbox live

• Illuminalyd7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been banned 3 times in 3 months, all because little kids who shouldn't even be playing decide to troll and I say a few adult words to them. This system where one interaction removed all of your online communications is ridiculous, though it will never change. I'm seriously thinking of going to PlayStation if this isn't fixed.

• GIytter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Those two suggestions alone would solve A LOT of problems with the enforcement team. People spend so much money on gaming consoles and accounts with xbox to just get suspended and given no reason for the suspensions, so after they are no longer suspended they still don't know which actions to make sure they don't do again.

Also, if you happen to beat someone in a game, they just report your account for cheating/unhelpful/anything really just because they are mad they didn't win. Over time, if you are a good player this ends up getting you suspended just for playing games and winning.

• Ba11HuSt1Er commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got banned for the second time for either calling a kid a scrub because I was at the top of the leader boards and him and his friends were trying to kick me or because I put a cat emoji and said that was a p**sy emoji. I wish I knew which one it was but Microsoft won't tell us what evidence they used to ban us. I filed a case review the first ban thinking I would get a response or detailed explanation but all I got was a "decision upheld". To even get a case reviewed you need to pass a questionnaire. Seriously I have to take a test to get due process?! I have been on Xbox live since it came out and have never been banned, but in the last two months I've gotten hit with two bans! Either this process of punish for freedom of speech without explanation changes or im heading to PC. The enforcement team plays judge and juror. They are a mafia. Upon speaking the a manager of customer support his advice is to wait until the ban ends and to play with friends I normally play with so that I don't need to cummincate with them to play well. REALLY?! Just because you agreed to a contract by purchasing the product does not mean that constitutional rights such as due process and freedom of speech can be taken away. There are such things as unconscionable contracts and with the enforcement team being trigger happy with bans it can certainly be held as unconscionable. Prohibiting customers from fully enjoying the goods they purchased because a group of individuals said so? Yeah, another ban and I'm PC bound.

• WillH0070 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im dissapointed xbox was my favorite console but the enforcement team just cant do anything when you apply for a review you really need talk with the person not just send a message saying the same thing over and over again. I will never buy an xbox again

• Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A close review of how suspension/bans are handed out is needed. Also, supply a warning to the players profile if he is doing something that may result in a ban before actually implementing the ban so the player could have time to correct behavior.

• Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add additional methods of communicating with the enforcement team to better serve the Live community.

• Kinny xD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, the simple fact you cant contact them unless you have been suspended is awful. Even the other support teams can't contact them and they can even see that something is blatantly wrong and you need there help. I'm sat with 4 reports on my account in the past 6 months and my account is set to avoid me so i cant even play any of the games i own. How hard is it for them to look at this case and go oh wait we've obviously *** up lets take 2 minuets
    to fix this.....

• Dysentery Davey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree, i have been banned because i got team killed in a game, so i messaged them telling them not to team kill! its ridiculous and obsurd that i can be banned for two weeks for something like that! yet the person who ruined the game for me gets away with it

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base