~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inactive Xbox Gamertags

If an account is inactive they should remove the account so that in case you lose your account like i did you could still get your old Gamertag back instead of having to make a new one. I just want my old gamertag back since my account has been inactive for 4 years now...

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. we thank u for achievements but i think there should b an awards and rewards area for all of the time and money we spend with microsoft .

we would like to see an awards area to see all gamer rewards for the time and money we spend with microsoft like rewards of 3 months free of live and we salute you type of rewards for hours online.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring Music to Player Profiles

The option to attach midi/wav/mp3 to player profiles that would then stream when viewed by other live members.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Similar GamerTags

All I want is a GamerTag that someone else has but you can't have similar GamerTags so what I would like is to be able to have similar GamerTags so we don't have to be creative and put numbers and replace letters to be similar to the gt that we want (not that I'm trying to get rid of creativity but I don't want to have a gt that LOOKS similar to a different one I want one that IS similar to the one I want)

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Return to xbox achievement division as xbox 360 with (xbox games 1000g+dlc/ xbox arcade 200 or 500g+dlc/ and garbage tittle 0g!

the benefits, real points in real games, this involves the retroactive elimination of points earned in indecent games, the division on xbox 360 was perfect, as based on price, quality and duration of the game, it gave the right division into points between normal xbox games and xbox arcade games. thanks to the reintroduction of this system you will have a real proportion of the achievements earned correctly and the elimination of those earned by leaving money or downloading free to play games.
    I would suggest to dear microsoft to create a committee within the xbox team also to evaluate…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. gamertags

i think you shouldn't be able to reserve or you should be able to get it unreserved after a while because theirs a gamertag i know and want but has been reserved for a few years now and i think that's unfaur

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Gamertag Recycle

I was sent by support to ask for a Gamertag to be recycled. The Gamertag "Conixis" belonged to an old account I made on the 360 years ago before it broke and due to email issues I can't even log onto the account on the Xbox one and had to make a new one. So if possible can this tag an any others in need be recycled? Thank you~

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Complain

OK so I'm under 18 almost 13 and I got a custom gamer pic but when I went to change it to a different custom pic IT WOULDN'T WORK so I got upset. And when I got back on my pic wasn't even custom!

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allowing photos for gamer pics

Would love to add photos or existing pictures as gamer pics. Also would not like to pay for that before you get any ideas.

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have a way to remove glitch Achievements

We should have a way to remove glitch achievements that are not unlockable anymore. So we don't have to worry about the achievement getting in our way from getting a 100% for our game history.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Personalisation of profile, background and community interface

Xbox should already have an interface which allows us to customize our profiles in more depth, such as being able to download a picture from Microsoft edge, store it on our console and use it for things such as profile pictures or for our background. For people wishing to start 'Gamer' profiles the community page should be a lot more individualistic, allowing us to have introductory videos to our page and have ranges of options such as polls on topics, games and current trends for you and your followers to discuss and vote on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I have lost gamerscore

Not really an idea but I was sent here by xbox live support to raise this issue. Last night I visited my nephew and signed into his xbox one. My gamerscore before this was about 240,000. I get home today and sign in and it is now 166,660! The person on chat at xbox.com got me to remove and re-add my account on my xbox one. Note sure when this happened but I am assuming my gamerscore may have been synced from his xbox (I was probably signed in there a year or more ago) to the cloud and now…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Gamer tags scam

Dont change peoples gamer tags that are considered “inappropriate” by your moronic enforcement group, and then not offer a refund? You allowed me to change my gamer tag to that and I spent 10 dollars to do so. It is complete crap saying that your “system” can’t determine what tags are deemed inappropriate, if that is the case then give people their money back. It’s 10 dollars How about you treat your paying customers with some respect instead of just telling, “we can not issue a refund because our enforcement group deemed your gamer tag to be inappropriate and it…

2 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. WHYYYYYYYY

U have to pay $8, just to change your gamer tag. I mean, CMON , IM BROKE AS HELL HERE. Just make it all free for us poor miserable gamers like me

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. No loot boxes for new Careers achievement

With the up coming achievements. I know people think loot boxes are good for cosmetics only but we see how even there grid is artificially increased to use bordem to drive cosmetic loot box sales (Destiny 2?).

This careers looks like an attempt to justify the use of gambling euphoria. (Ok no money exchange but same psychological mechanics used still)

A better idea: just tell us what the reward item will be and let us players decide if it is worth investing our time into getting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Full Profile Customization

- Add banners behind the profile pictures and other info
    - Add themes to profile page
    - Add gif images as profile picture
    - Let users display screenshots and others

4 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. GamerTag Release

Hello! I have been directed here by Xbox Support for a GamerTag that is not registered anymore and would like it to be released. The GT is BrokenFeather.
    Thank you for your time!

BrokenFeatherXD

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. SIGN IN ISSUE

Need this to happen. Like now. I have 2 xbox in my house hold. Xbox one x and xbox one. While im playing halo 5 online an some else signed in. I grt kicked out of the game am in, ONLINE!!!! NOT COOL. Please fix this

1 vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Parents should be able to change their kids gamertag to something private

My 8-year-old changed his gamertag to his actual name. I tried to change it to something anonymous to protect his privacy online. Microsoft wants to charge me money to do this since you only get one free change. I contacted support. They were very friendly and tried to change it, but the system would not allow it. Support staff should have the ability to make exceptions and waive the charge to change a gamertag. Especially when it's to protect the privacy of a minor.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show Played Hours For Games

There should be a way to see how many hours you have played in a game.

5 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base