~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow clips to be downloaded from Smartglass to phones

I frequently record clips and then want to send them in a text to a friend or my wife. The only way I can do this currently is to record, edit, upload to One Drive, download it from there, and then send it. But if I take a screenshot, I can just save it straight from Smartglass. Please let us also save clips as well as the screenshots.

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Xbox On Mobile (iOS, Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore the search function (video/music/apps)

Before this last update, you could use the app to search for movies, music, TV shows, and apps. Once you found something you wanted to watch, you could select it and see which apps it was available through, then load and play it.

That was my most used feature on the app other than the remote control. Now you can only search for games. With so many video apps and such a large library, losing the ability to quickly search/browse all of them at once just doesn't make sense.

Bring back this function that worked perfectly and should have never…

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Xbox On Mobile (iOS, Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stream games to smartphones

I would like to see an option to stream your games to a smartphone that can be seated in a sort of clip device that goes over your controller much like people did with the PSVita and a Dualshock 4 controller.
    That way you can play games while someone else can continue watching TV.

Maybe start with singleplayer/campaign mode at first as a means to insure stability?!

Also make it possible to make smartglass a rearview window for racing games.

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox On Mobile (iOS, Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Purchase Xbox 360 Games on Xbox App (Mobile)

Please add support to purchase Xbox 360 games on the Xbox App for iOS and Android.

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox On Mobile (iOS, Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stream Xbox one to your iPad

It would be nice to be able to play Xbox one on your iPad like you can on Windows 10.

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox On Mobile (iOS, Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Xbox streaming on Android

Is it possible to add streaming on Xbox mobile?
    I'd like playing on a small screen with my gamepad.

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox On Mobile (iOS, Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add streaming for the Xbox app on ios and Android

Xbox and Microsoft. Please add this on the Xbox app for ios and Android. Alot of your costumers don't have Windows 10. I don't have Windows 10 either. So please make this idea in progress.

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Xbox One Streaming for Samsung VR and other mobile VR devices

With Oculus video you can stream videos, Twitch and other forms of media from various themed theater spaces. With Xbox One Windows 10 streaming with PC and a lot of phones supporting VR in some form or another an App to stream Xbox to your device and adversely stream to a VR room seems like a great addition to ways to play Xbox. It could utilize themed rooms around Halo, Gears, Minecraft and other licensed properties.

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Video streaming for Xbox Smartglass from mobile device (Airplay like)

Stream video from a mobile device to the Xbox One with Smartglass similar to Apple/iTunes Airplay. Select your media on your mobile device, then broadcast to any Xbox visible on the network. I am currently using a 3rd party app to accomplish this, but native Smartglass support would be much appreciated and easier than juggling multiple apps.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Streaming xbox games like Windows 10

Streaming xbox game to xbox app in iPhone /iPad or Android

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Suggested For You

Get Rid of Suggested for You! I updated my App and now my FRIENDS tab is flooded with all these Suggestions. I know who my friends are. If I wanted to find random friends, I would do it. Get rid of this please.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox On Mobile (iOS, Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. party on mobile

With the android version of the xbox app i thought it whould be cool to start a party on mobile for those of us who dont have a mic we can use are ipads or android device to start a party with xbox friends even friends playing windows10 games

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox On Mobile (iOS, Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 20 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sharing video and screenshots

I'd love to see the app updated to allow sharing of gameplay videos and screenshots, shared directly to Twitter/Facebook or even YouTube if possible.

Would make it much easier to show off your best bits and create hashtags such as #XboxOneShare, etc, etc.

Also would help advertise games in a way, by tagging in the developers and generating retweets, likes, and reshares.

19 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Xbox app

Make it an accessible feature to see all your dlc and games that you have downloaded from the store. Just a section where I can see all my content with or without the xbox on.

18 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Xbox on mobile

Allow people to use party chat on the Xbox mobile app.

16 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Game DVR Management on Xbox App (Mobile)

Please add support for Game DVR clip and screenshot management on the Xbox App for iOS and Android. Also sharing Game DVR clips and screenshots through other social networking right from the app on your phone would be nice. Not just to others on Xbox Live.

15 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Start, stop, cancel and monitor downloads from the Xbox One mobile app

My Xbox one hibernates at home while I'm out, it already automatically downloads and installs updates but I want to be able to start new downloads of apps or games I don't already own, or even pause or stop downloads in progress using the Xbox one app.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stream video purchases to mobile devices

I purchased alot of movies and tv shows from the marketplace and it would be nice to be able to stream that content to my mobile device when I'm away from my xbox.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox On Mobile (iOS, Android)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Xbox mobile app -Community Calender

It would be great to see the community calendar added to the Xbox Mobile app.

14 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base