~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unlockable and Purchasable Gamerpics

Unlockable GamerPics: This would allow gamers to add more variety to their choices of GamerPic, add a little more of their personality to their profile based on what they play, and yet also eliminate the threat of lewd or offensive custom pics.

Gamers could also pay a small fee to purchase them on their own, which would make MS some money!

For example, I play NHL 17 and would love to have my hockey team's logo available to add to my profile. I'm amazed this isn't an option, considering it was on the 360.

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to uplaod custom gamerpic

Have the ability to upload any picture as a gamer pic. Obviously, moderated for explicit content by other players who report said offending player.

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. choose the language of the achievements and invoices

I live in flanders in belgium and my achievements and invoices are in french. It would be great if you guys could add an option to change that to english.

Thank you

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Gamertag

You get to choose how you want your Gamertag to look if you want emojis in your gamertag or numbers it's supposed to be your Gamertag so you can design it however you want

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reverting back to Xbox 360 gamer picture on Xbox One.

This has been posted about but we need to unite. Im sure your aware that when coming over to the Xbox one it will pop with an option to keep your old gamer picture or change to the new set of images. If you do not make the selection to keep your old gamer picture at this point in time you will never have the opportunity again. Still trying to figure out why Microsoft enabled this feature but does not allow you to revert back at a later time. You also have no ability to change it back by any…

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Gamertag release

Release inactive Gamertags

I've played Xbox for many years, and we all like to be identified in our own way. But many of our names that we would enjoy have been scooped up, and the worst is, your name might be taken by someone who hasn't played online since modern warfare on the 360 came out. These accounts are holding gamertags that could enhance our own experience since there's is at an end, but with how this system works we might never get the chance to have our favourite names.

I think that if an account on Xbox 360 who…

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Let us delete unwanted achievements off profile $5 per game.

Let us be able to delete gamerscore/ achievements that we dont want on our profiles. We like to have a clean profile :) ,and it should be around $5 per game.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Achievement Improvement

Achievements on the Xbox One can be vastly improved, although there are nice features which were added with the Xbox One such as the achievement percentage display it shouldn't have come at the cost of achievements no longer instantly popping. It removes the a lot of the satisfaction if you have to wait for the achievement to pop or haven't realised and then only notice it later. Especially if you are aiming for a particular achievement. Achievements should be as instant on the Xbox One as they are on the 360 or at the bare minimum greatly improved compared to…

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Profile Picture Customization

In the Xbox One app we should have the option to customize our gamer pics beyond what's relative or given to us from Xbox. This option could be app exclusive and anyone that has a smartphone can perform these actions by downloading the app. They could choose from what's in their photo stream or any album.

One security measure would be a system to automatically weed out obscene or vulgar photos and purify the use of third party profile pictures such as what's being proposed.

My reasoning for having this option is because I have seen multiple friends in my…

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Offline Achievements!

Being able to earn offline! Achievements like we where on Xbox 360 pleas this would be awesome.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Achievement Sorting

I think sorting achievements would be so good for achievement hunters. If you could sort achievements by name, rarity, gamerscore, and even by DLC. This would make it so much easier.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Achievements viewing

allow us to sort our achievements by system, for example, xbox 360, xbox one and windows 10 games. and possibly by alphabetical order .

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Freedom to keep or delete your very own achievements.

The freedom to keep or delete games and your own achievements and for 1000G to be 100% completion for that game. DLC is not part of the game, it is content that is purchased separate from the game.
    We the people will not be coerced to purchase DLC that is separate from the game in order to attain 100% completion.
    We the people purchase the console. We the people purchase the game. We the people earn the achievements. It is our right to choose what we do with our achievements.

Freedom.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. badges or medals

put badges or medals on your profile

example:
    - completed so many games
    - reached certain gamerscore
    - played hours

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. gamerpic

Have country flag for gamerpic

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make discontinued achievements to vanish from the list if not obtained.

There will be times that certain online achievements will get discontinued either due to a shut down of servers. Please make the feature where discontinued achievements will vanish from the achievement list for that specific game.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When viewing achievements, add the option to hide unwanted games with low gamerscore. (including Xbox 360 games)

I have seen countless threads about people wanting to delete games with low gamerscore earned from their achievements list, even if it meant sacrificing the gamerscore they earned from those games. It seems to be an OCD thing as opposed to an actual issue but it makes sense to me and it is very understandable why people can be annoyed by it. They want the Achievements section to be less cluttered. Gamers try a game, earn a few achievements, couldn't be bothered to play the game again because they dislike it. So, here is an easy solution, if you don't…

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Busy/Do Not Disturb and Away Feature

Like the Xbox 360, add a feature named busy, or do not disturb, so when you set your status to that you don't receive notifications until you restart the console. Also, add a feature where if the controller has turned itself off and the console has not been used in a while e.g. 30 mins, then it sets your status to away so people don't keep inviting you, thinking that you're ignoring them.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Moving Background

So achevment backgrounds are cool, so are colored backgrounds. But it would be cool to have moving/gif backgrounds so for example a fishtank, the waves of the ocean, falling snow. A clock you know legit could be anything moving. A cat playing :) so ya add moving/gif backgrounds for the Xbox home

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. gamertag

Hello, I would like to submit a request to have the gamertag: o Gibby o removed. It is inactive and I would like to use it. Thanks.

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base