~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Easier communication with Enforcement team

So recently i got a gamerscore wipe for 360 stats on something i had not done, a case was sent in my name and was upheld... because of this there is literally no way of getting anything back if there is no way of giving any evidence to back your points, or even give a second review option with a large character count so that you can fit everything you need in detail so they can review what you are putting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transparent Icon in the corner instead of text for notifications

Actuallly, there is a text for all notifications. I play game with subtitle and very often the text is hide by the notification.
    Could you, please, replace text by an Icon in the corner. If you want A full details, hold the xbox button or tap twice.
    For an achievement: a cup
    For a message/mail/sms : a envelope
    To join group or chat : people icon
    Similar for system...
    Something like that for example.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Gamertag Recycle

I would love the gamertag Godrik to be part of the next recycle. I've been wanting it for years now and the profile that has it is really old and has been inactive for a while now. Thanks!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Free gamertag changed when the enforcement team force changes it (once per person)

End the censorship or let us change our names for free. The new enforcement team really likes to crack down on miniscule things such as "bad language" or "sexual remarks" as if these things aren't seen or heard in the world. I understand they're trying to make this a safe place for gamers but come on now. How many people do you think enjoy communicating with others but cannot speak their mind without the fear of being banned. Either do what we say and follow our rules or pay the consequences is basically the message you're trying to convey to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete old Accounts

I want Xbox to be more strict with unused profiles. There are so many good gamertags out there being taken by inactive accounts. I personally have tried 3 different possibilities for a gamertag, all which have been thwarted by some account with no gamerscore, no games played, and the default Xbox 360 gamerpicture. Yiu can tell that these people have not used these accounts since setting them up. I know that Xbox has deleted inactive accounts before, but I feel that they should have some kind of limit to how long a custom gamertag can be taken by an inactive…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Inactive Xbox Gamertags

If an account is inactive they should remove the account so that in case you lose your account like i did you could still get your old Gamertag back instead of having to make a new one. I just want my old gamertag back since my account has been inactive for 4 years now...

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Gamer tags and Usernames

I play on my PC a lot and on steam, there's a system where there's a steam ID which you can't change and it's likely only you know and an username which you can change at will.

I would like the same thing for Xbox because because generally I think it will be funny playing as a squad in Battlefield and everyone in it being different US president.

This is just an suggestion that is very unlikely to happen but I just wanted to put the idea out there.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Xbox gamer picture remove age restriction

what is the point for 'report for player picture [custom player picture]' if not everyone will be able to change their picture in the first place, half of your customers are probably teenagers, wait..... makes sense now that i think about it.... but why the report option if it only goes for adults..... and besides more than half of the people on xbox probably LIED about their age when they first made their account..... i hate how me and my brother cant upload a picture when we were honest but ALL OF OUR FRIENDS DO BECAUSE THEY LIED... its unfair…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. More statistics for Achievements

Got this idea from the recent Year in Review sites I've seen on Twitter. Dont know why, but I'd like to see more statistics on achievements, meaning that it's nice having the percentage of people who've unlocked said achievement, but how about showing an actual numerical value of people who've played the game versus how many people have unlocked it, what region they're in, how long it stayed a rare achievement, etc. I'm a bit of an achievement nut and I like seeing these kind of things.

Of course these in-depth stats would only be available in the expanded achievement…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring Music to Player Profiles

The option to attach midi/wav/mp3 to player profiles that would then stream when viewed by other live members.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Missing Day One Achievement

For a long while now, the ability to see and thus set the Day One achievement as wallpaper has been removed and missing for a long time and should very much be readded. The closest one can get is this. https://account.xbox.com/en-CA/GameInfoHub?titleid=1038955819 But it still wont let you follow it to do any type of work around to show it off.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Profile

Hey I have an idea we should pick our own background on our profile like how we do our profile picture I think your team should also do the background Custome design because I have a good background that would be cool hope you see this have an awesome day!

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Gamertag Release Part 2

This really isn’t a personal request but I think a gamertag release should be done again many gamertags are being held and I have found that these held gamertags are being sold which is against the rules this is not fair to other creative mind players who think of these gamertags and find that it’s taken by someone that is inactive an never has even played a game yet even turn on an Xbox this would help out the creative part of the community an new people from other systems that would be a bad rep if someone who has…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Discounts on changing gamertag

Discounts on changing gamertag.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Symbols in Gamertags

Just like PS4, Xbox One should be able to have symbols in there names. Example: -Xbox_4Life- Dashes, underscores, and these ||||. Please add this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. gamertag release

Older gamertags linked to accounts that have been inactive for over 2 years should be released back to the public

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Xbox letting one user play another users game without the other user being signed in onto that certain xbox

Microsoft you need to let people use others games without them signed in. Eg my little brother and I want to play Minecraft xbox one edition together he has his account on my xbox one and I have my account on his xbox one but because I own the game I have to sign in on his xbox for it to launch but then that will sign me out of my own xbox and I really want to play Minecraft with him but not both of us on the same console. And it would be really helpful if another user…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Profile & Achievements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show all captures on profile

Profiles should show all captures not just "recent" ones. No one can see my older captures on my profile and the only way I can view them is though the Manage Captures page. I also cannot see the older captures at all from the mobile app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Delete games off achievement list

Me as well as many others on here, think it would be AMAZING to have the ability to delete games off my gamerscore list. I have certain games that have been played by other people on my account from years ago, and also games that were played when I was young and I have like 1 or 2 achievements unlocked and Id love to just have the option to delete the game(s). With that said, I would not want to accidentally delete a game, so if this option WAS available, it would have to be a secure and safe way…

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Recycle gamertags

A Gamertag that belongs to a person whos account has been deleted or inactive should be recycled for a player that is wanting it. I am currently having this issue wanting "JimsMowing" and im not the only one wanting gamertags owned by inactive people.

3 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base