~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a Dislike Button

I think it would be really helpful with a dislike button for posts, Video Clips and Screenshots so we can voice our opinions without commenting because we voice our opinion and they end up blocking us and deleting our comment and i thought it would be helpful with a dislike button probably in shape of a broken heart or thumbs down

103 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to turn off suggested friends from the Guide, Windows 10 app and mobile apps

Please can we have the ability to turn off the suggested "social" elements that go beyond my friends list.

This includes

"Suggestions" - Guide/Friends & clubs
    "Suggested for you" - Community/Activity Feed
    "Popular now" - Community/Activity Feed
    Adverts for feeds on the right hand side of the - Community/clubs and trending
    Auto follow of purchased and played games - Community/Activity feed

I understand people appreciate these features and use them but I don't and never have.

The suggestions show people I have removed from my friends lists and a selection of random people that I share nothing in common with…

94 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More recording time with the Game DVR

Make the duration of the game dvr up to 15 minutes, which can be shared on YouTube and Facebook and that our voice is heard and that of our friends when recording. Sorry for my english.

82 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Press 'Y' to invite someone straight into your game, when that person's message is highlighted in the 'Messages' tab

Halo streamers often run 'subscriber games', in which they play with individuals who are subscribed to their Twitch channel. This means they always have to spend an entire night sending out dozens and dozens of game invites ('Invite to Game'), whenever they wish to invite a new group of players.

These streamers use their Xbox messages as a queue for subscribers to get invited to these custom games. They see a message, hover over it, press A to see the message, click on 'More' to get a menu, then go to 'View profile', and finally, 'Invite to a game'.

Considering…

76 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Banned again without reason

Why have I been banned for a 5th time without reason? I had been behaving and not cussing at peoplease through messages and I only talked in party chats. Why have I been banned yet again? I wouldn't mind getting some proof as to why the banning happens because I find the entirety of your system to be complete and utter bull. Fix your systems or at least put in different modes for those who don't like to be talked to. It's Xbox. I shouldn't be banned for sending people messages about quittint. Those who I've reported for leaving early…

66 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. enforcement

Xbox enforcement is a joke. This is my second time getting a communications ban from trolls. Both times they started talking *** on their mics and after they got kicked from the game I send one little mean message and then they report me. Then after wards they start sending me messages knowing I can't say anything back. After getting team killed in Rainbow Six Siege we kicked the guy and all I said was "kys ***" and I'm instantly mic banned for two weeks. Letting some bot do all the banning for you doesn't help anything. If people feel…

62 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Return of Friend Requests!

I believe that xbox would be a much better place to play with the return of players being able to send friend requests. I don't think the 'following' feature should be completely removed as this is great for streamers, however I think 'friends' is something which is mutual and should be something that has consent from both sides. I have played with lots of good players who I have started following but unfortunately hasn't resulted in a followed back, returning friend requests will eliminate this problem. I am someone who owns both the latest consoles and this feature being added,…

61 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enforcement

XBox and the Enforcement Team should develop a way to prevent a person from being subjected to a barrage of political persecution while on a Communications Ban. Microsoft / XBox seems to support this political harrasment and persecution. Bad business practice.

All of this while XBox Enforcement will ban you for a vague 4 paragraph subset of the 100 page Policies. No proof. No evidence. No real explanation. The only "appeals" process is giving a 500 character explanation of the "incident" that they won't tell you about to defend yourself. Provide an explanation of what? You didn't even tell what…

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Being able to gift xbox live/games from console

Being able to gift people from my friends list xbox membership and or extra money that I may have on my account. It would be a great option to do this from the website, console and or your smartglass app :)

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Request party invite

I think it would be cool to have a button added to the chat option of your friends profile that would say request party invite for when they're in a invite only party instead of shooting them a message saying invite instead you could simply hit this button your friend would get a notification saying so-and-so would like to join the party

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Revamp DVR

The Dvr on Xbox one is slow af, and it hasent change since its launch. WE NEED A NEW DVR APP ASAP!!!!

35 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Group Your Friends Into Slots

Have the ability to sort your friends list. Ex. Clans, Friends, Family, etc.
    Instead of only having 2 groups Favs and Normal Friends, you can have the ability to have both of those, but more organized and easy access. You can place your friend into a group and then message that group or invite to party/game, and all of that. This is something that alot of clans and popular people have been looking for for ages now, and this would make things SO much better!!

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notifications - Expanded Options for Friends/Favorites/Followers

I have over 13000 followers so I get a tremendous amount of invites and messages from followers. The amount of notifications that I get as a result are unbearable, but if I turn off notifications altogether then I can't see notifications from Friends & Favorites. This has forced me to appear offline most of the time, which I don't want to do. I would like to see the notifciation options expanded to allow us to control who exactly we receive notifications from. For example, for messages I should be able to say I want to get message notifications from Favorites,…

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove auto following of game hubs.

Whenever i play a game it automatically follows that game's hub, if i manually unfollow the game it will get followed again the next time i play it. It does this for every single game i play and has been doing this for as long as i can remember. Please remove or at least give us the ability to disable this "feature".

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. social offline

When you go into offline mode you can select certain friends that will always see you are on.

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. daredevil game like batman

free roam. vigilant feel. expansive universe. Daredevil would be a great character to make an open world game with. In perspective to the Batman trilogy, deadpool is the closest thing we have, but even that is only level by level, marvel deserves a solid game as such especially with how well the comic movies/series are doing. Please team!!!!!! Make us nerds happy and willing to pay

26 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Chat banned

Just trying to understand due process through the Xbox chat ban. I have allegedly had poor communication and poor behavior but xbox/ microsoft cannot tell me what specific behavior was considered "overwhelming evidence" in order to have me banned.

Just trying to get a better understanding of specifics if I/ we as users are paying all of this money for services. Because, if your users don't understand what specific action(s) caused the result then how do you expect behavior, communication, etc. to improve (maybe consider to explain to for first time violators so they have more of an understanding).

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Banned communications ?

Let me get this stright , 95% of games have tons of swearing , most is bad enough that every other word is ***. Yet today while playing rainbow six , i get team kill by a party , being frustrated, i call on a *** and now im banned. Do you guys work to be this incompetent, or does it come natural? If you're going to "protect " the community from "bad words " , then lets start with game content before banning us players for the same language you're profitting off of. Such hypocritical *** makes players go…

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. tagging friends in game clips

When you upload a game clip or a screenshot, I think it would be a good idea if you can tag one of your Xbox friends in it so they can view it easier and quicker. For example I upload a game clip and tag a friend. It pops up on his/hers notifications saying that I have tagged you in a game clip, click to view it here. I just think it would be a good idea

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to block popular clip creater content from community feed

Wish there was a way to disable "popular clips", If I don't want to see it on my community feed why can't their be a way to remove it. Blocking the user does nothing and their clips still go on my community feed.
    These clips that get popular are full of the most random and complete inappropriate things I don't want to see on my xbox. Please fix this issue.

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base