~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. social offline

When you go into offline mode you can select certain friends that will always see you are on.

100 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Revamp DVR

The Dvr on Xbox one is slow af, and it hasent change since its launch. WE NEED A NEW DVR APP ASAP!!!!

99 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Banned

This is clearly stupid. I been with Xbox from day one supporting them and recommending people to Xbox, paying money each year to be apart of BEST online experience. I am clearly upset with this. I don't get why should we pay $60 a year and can't swear of get mad at people that *** you off? there is a family setting for children that are clearly under age that should not be apart of the online world that you would hear swearing and cuzzing, I clearly don't get it. why should I pay my money to Microsoft if they…

98 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. removing communication ban

The current communication ban blocks you from talking to everyone whether its messages parties or in game chat I for one hate this because I have been banned 2 times over my whole xbox experience which has been many many years and when I was banned I read over the rules and thought that we should not get banned for the simple fact of speaking whether it is bad or not I was banned for vulgar language while playing online rainbow six siege being a rated M game (if not T) I tried to tell my friends but the ban…

94 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to remove unwanted followers or have a request acceptance before they follow you

It's really annoying to see people who you dont know to have you as their friend. Xbox should first make you accept them as you can do on Facebook. For example, they want to add me right. Ok so they send me an friend request if i dont accept it they wont be my follower. Please Xbox. Make this possible.

80 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Group Your Friends Into Slots

Have the ability to sort your friends list. Ex. Clans, Friends, Family, etc.
    Instead of only having 2 groups Favs and Normal Friends, you can have the ability to have both of those, but more organized and easy access. You can place your friend into a group and then message that group or invite to party/game, and all of that. This is something that alot of clans and popular people have been looking for for ages now, and this would make things SO much better!!

78 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Notifications - Expanded Options for Friends/Favorites/Followers

I have over 13000 followers so I get a tremendous amount of invites and messages from followers. The amount of notifications that I get as a result are unbearable, but if I turn off notifications altogether then I can't see notifications from Friends & Favorites. This has forced me to appear offline most of the time, which I don't want to do. I would like to see the notifciation options expanded to allow us to control who exactly we receive notifications from. For example, for messages I should be able to say I want to get message notifications from Favorites,…

78 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. minecraft

。。

68 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove auto following of game hubs.

Whenever i play a game it automatically follows that game's hub, if i manually unfollow the game it will get followed again the next time i play it. It does this for every single game i play and has been doing this for as long as i can remember. Please remove or at least give us the ability to disable this "feature".

68 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a Dislike Button

The idea behind the dislike button is to show content creators how the public really feels about the content being provided to them without being rude or fearful that their opinion will be unoticed.

Many content creators are abusing the system to get their content on the trending feed even though their content is only sub par to other gamers videos. These other gamers go widley unoticed because they don't believe in using such cheap tactics to show off their creative content.

The abuse I mentioned is that they delete negative comments, whether it is constructive criticism or a simple…

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Away status on Xbox one.

We need the away status so we can easily tell when our friends are afk.

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Friends List Nicknames & Groups

I think it would be great if we could have the ability to put custom Nicknames next to friends on our friends list, and have the ability to create custom groups on our friends list so we can make our friends list organized.

This would help tremendously if you have a lot of friends with the same name, or just want to make a list of all your friends who play Gears, so when you want to play Gears you know who is down for it.

Please Xbox, add this feature!

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Nicknames for Friends

It would be nice to be able to assign a nickname to the different gamertags in my friends list so I don't forget who the gamertags belong to. Unless they have the "real name" feature enabled, there aren't a lot of clues to identify the friend if you don't have their gamertag memorized. For example, RandomGamertag might have his real name displayed (Random Name) through privacy settings, so it's obvious who it is, but if xObscureGamertagx does not have his real name displayed, it's easy for me to forget who he or she is.

The ability to add a nickname…

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to block popular clip creater content from community feed

Wish there was a way to disable "popular clips", If I don't want to see it on my community feed why can't their be a way to remove it. Blocking the user does nothing and their clips still go on my community feed.
    These clips that get popular are full of the most random and complete inappropriate things I don't want to see on my xbox. Please fix this issue.

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. daredevil game like batman

free roam. vigilant feel. expansive universe. Daredevil would be a great character to make an open world game with. In perspective to the Batman trilogy, deadpool is the closest thing we have, but even that is only level by level, marvel deserves a solid game as such especially with how well the comic movies/series are doing. Please team!!!!!! Make us nerds happy and willing to pay

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Report Fake Accounts

Many times me and my friends along with lots of other people have gotten friend requests from accounts with zero gamerscore and have done nothing but randomly add people. Soon they'll message you and act like they're real then tell you to join their cam show. It's getting out of hand and needs to be stopped before children get curious and are fooled. There needs to be a new option in the report section that allows people to report these accounts of this behavior so Microsoft can ban/delete these accounts.

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. tagging friends in game clips

When you upload a game clip or a screenshot, I think it would be a good idea if you can tag one of your Xbox friends in it so they can view it easier and quicker. For example I upload a game clip and tag a friend. It pops up on his/hers notifications saying that I have tagged you in a game clip, click to view it here. I just think it would be a good idea

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enforcement

I am not sure where the enforcement team are coming from they need to reassess the situation my son works away we both love our gaming he has been banned for life because of his flatmate using and abusing his gamer tag the money he has given these people over the years and he works away and it wasnt him he cannot ask for review because this is the second time his flatmate has done it to him they need to get a better system

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Banned

Your enforcement of banning people is out of control. Not only do you have to deal with people being awful, anything you say will be used against you. You don't get to tell your side of the story at all and you risk losing all your digital content if it's permanent.

If you are going to restrict messaging, don't let it apply to people on your friends list. Also, Xbox live, the workplace, school or just being outside isn't the place for you if you can't handle the same words you hear on cable television every night. You can already…

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Friends, Messages & Activity Feed  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ad Xbox live gold

If we free Xbox live gold everyone can play with there friends

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base