~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give Snap Back!

I Can't Multi-task by being able to switch between screens Now!
    Atleast turn it into a preview screen for switching screens so i don't feel like a kid who had the tv tuned into the wrong channal, like when someone starts watching tv while your gaming. removing snap makes it harder to do importain little things with the one guide.

75 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  OneGuide & Live TV  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. HDMI-CEC support

Name says it all. Seems like an easy addition.

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  OneGuide & Live TV  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 71 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  OneGuide & Live TV  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I Triple Dog Dare You to Bring Back Party Mode for Netflix

I Triple Dog Dare You to Bring Back Party Mode for Netflix

59 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Be the Tivo/Echo Killer You Should Be

You're so close. I love using my Kinnect (well, the voice part, I can't get the cameras to work well in my space) to change channels on my Tivo, to pause, to turn on the TV and stereo. Why not introduce DVR functions? Maybe a multiple tuner adapter or cable card (I cut the cord) as well as some home automation? I want to control my Hue lights, turn on a fan with a connected outlet... Let me ask Cortana to play a podcast while I'm gaming? There's a lot that can easily be done with what you have in…

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. HDMI Passthrough while in Standby

While the XBox one is in standby, allow the HDMI in to passthrough to the HDMI out. Currently the xbox is unable to utilize all the functionailty of my DVR therefore I would like to be able to use it without the XBOX powered on, but then be able to still utilize the XBOX snap functionality at other times.

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. DVR Feature for Oneguide

Would love to be able to record shows, schedule recordings, etc... could save them on the 4 tb external drive that I've connected. Seems like it would fit nicely with the guide to be able to select shows to record.

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  OneGuide & Live TV  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. PVR TV UPDATE?

when are we getting the pvr tv recording update? come on! Ive bought a ssd harddrive ready for it as you said its coming early 2016.

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Snap

I haven't used my Xbox one since the Snap feature was removed.in fact it was a major selling point that motivated me to purchase Xbox one. Removong a feature that so many people use after it was purchased is a horrible business model. You will get zero loyalty this way. If this feature isn't restored I can't in good conscience purchase additional Microsoft products. Listen to your customers.

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PIP/Split Screen for Second Xbox One connected through HDMI

It should recognize an xbox connected through HDMI and split screen to a single TV to those who has 2 Xbox One. Instead of having to buy a second TV or play in separate rooms. This feature would be awesome.

Tags:
    PIP Second screen split screen coach play multiplayer OneGuide Snap Mode

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. TV

Please add the OTA TV DVR to the One Guide. I was really looking forward to this feature. Please take it off hold and move forward with it. Thanks.

34 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  OneGuide & Live TV  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Record with DVR cable box

I have the ability to fast forward pause TV shows. I would like the ability to record shows and series from my one guide and work with my DVR to actually record the shows. I can currently do this with my DVR guide but I would like to do it with one guide as I use it for everything.

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OneGuide & Live TV  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. OneGuide 'Provider' search

Please reinstate the "Providers" drop-down menu for a title's search result. In the past OneGuide would search all my installed apps for a title, but this functionality has been removed, to the detriment of the user experience.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Offer Plex, Kodi and sub'd YouTube channels, as favourites for the OneGuide

Hi MS, Please offer Plex, Kodi and our subscribed YouTube channels, as options to favourite for the OneGuide dashboard.

Better yet, offer Plex-style functionality direct from the OneGuide, so we can view, select and stream our local content, from WiFi connected media servers, through the Xbox Media Player app.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  OneGuide & Live TV  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. sharing

allow the use of sharing movies that were bought in the movies and tv app with friends. We can game share but cant share movies.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Surround Sound Broken in TV

Re-posting as original thread has vanished. Content by PhoenixDigital.

A MS rep did state that the Engineers will look into this for the Oct 2014 wave 8. However we do need to keep posting it every wave until it is addressed otherwise it will be forgotten or swept under the rug. The only official comments we have had since then are "we are looking into it" or "stay tuned for updates". It appears things like "custom backgrounds" are more important.
    This issue is a console wide issue that needs to be addressed.
    Another MS rep has also indicated that this…

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Start HDHomeRun app and select channel using OneGuide

Now that the HDHomeRun app is available, it would be great to have some integration with the OneGuide. I would like to have an option for OneGuide to start the HDHomeRun app instead of the Live TV app. So, for example, when you open OneGuide the HDHomeRun app would start. And then when you select a channel in OneGuide, it would enter the channel number into the HDHomeRun app, much the same way the Live TV app enters the channel number for the cable box.

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  OneGuide & Live TV  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Search Function

We used to be able to search for content across multiple platforms (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Xbox Store, even your cable/satellite box). With the Windows 10 update that function has disappeared. Bring it back or Xbox will lose the war for the living room.

23 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base