~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Dolby Digital 5.1 over HDMI Lag

I'm finding that when my Xbox One's audio is set to pass Dolby Digital 5.1 to my TV over HDMI, a noticeable lag is introduced. The sound comes through around 0.3ish seconds late. It may not seem like much, but it's enough to be very annoying.

I have found this to be the case on both a Samsung and an LG TV. Both of these TVs accept Dolby Digital over HDMI from my Xbox 360 and from my Sky Q satellite box with absolutely no lag. This leads me to believe it is a bug in the Xbox One.

If…

92 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ripping CD's - RED FLAG

So guess where going to have to do this until we get things right?

As an Xbox one preview member I was excited to hear that we would be getting the ability to play music in the background like on xbox360. I guess I as misunderstood or the idea was just ignored.

But when I and others asked for the ability to be able to play music in the background we the Xbox community meant to be able to do what the xbox360 was able to do which was to be able to insert our own music CD's into the…

73 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Picture in Pichture Feature

Now that you removed the snap feature would it be cool when u add a picture in picture feature as a kind replacement for the snap feature

69 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DTS-HD and DD True HD output through the HDMI IN port

DTS-HD and DD True HD output through the HDMI IN port

The situation is this: you have that Xbox One S and are enjoying 4k. You also want the highest quality of audio. But most receivers dont support 4k.

This means you gotta either choose between high quality video or high quality audio. (DTS-HD and DD True HD)

A lot of people dont use the HDMI in port as of now. Wouldnt it be nice to make a software update that allows the output of HDMI audio trough the HDMI in port?

This way people are able to enjoy both…

65 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Twitch snapping

In the preview update there is a dedicated icon for broadcasting (above the settings icon) but it only has the new 'Beam' app while Twitch can't even be snapped without loading the full app. Is it possible to make an option to use Twitch instead.

65 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep the BAT and Snap feature!

The new update is removing the large active tile on the home screen as well as the snapped app function! I, and I'm sure many others, use these features a lot. I really like hearing the audio from a game while I'm doing things on the home screen and moving back. I also really enjoy having a twitch channel snapped while I play my own games. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Please allow these features as customized options for the home screen layout.

63 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Snap and Guide settings

Bring back Snap as an option for us and also give us the option to move the guide just like the Windows 10 taskbar

59 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add content and suport from România

Please add live wallpaper,widget and suport from România

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. remove beam

I have no interest in being a broadcaster or watching others. waste of space for me

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Game/App Update History

Having both PlayStation 4 & Xbox One, I like how PlayStation has the option to see what was added, changed, fixed etc. in a new update.

Having an update history menu can show you what was done in said update. For example:

Update 1.02:
    -Improved loading times
    -Fixed bug which interfered with some dialogue options

With something like this, we can know what has been fixed, what's new to the game or simply check to see if an update has been done while you've been away from your console.

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Xbox Home/GOLD sharing for Xbox 360.

Xbox Home/GOLD sharing for Xbox 360.

This Idea came to mind because players on the Xbox One can share their gold with other players on the console. For example, if a gamer tag named Example was playing a Call of Duty game on the Xbox 360 and someone else had Xbox LIVE but didn't have gold, they would have to use Example(1) as a "guest". As where on Xbox one you can simply share it and the other player can make progress on their profile. adding that on to the Xbox 360 before the servers go down would make the…

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Slideshow background on dashboard or home screen

Set multiple background images as your background. You set the pace, The system slides through them. (Slideshow on your home screen) like a computer

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 48p High Frame rate and 16:9 Fullscreen DVD playback

In the video settings for XBox One S, please add support for 48p High Frame Rate and 16:9 Full widescreen DVD playback. Would also love to see Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS-HD and DTS-X audio support as well. Please make these happen. 48p is used in 4K UHD Blu Ray, as well as 16:9 FULL Wide Screen DVD playback, full 4K UHD upscale of all movies and these HD audio formats. Pretty please with sugar on top?

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give the option to automatically unpin games after uninstalling them

When uninstalling games that you have pinned to the home screen you still have to go back and unpin them.

I am suggesting the option of once you click on "Uninstall Game" it pops up asking you whether or not you want to unpin the game or another idea would be to have a "Pins" setting and the ability to "Auto Remove Uninstalled Game Pins" that you can turn off or on.

This can be helpful for people who have to uninstall a lot of games to get storage and don't want to have to go back and clean up…

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. A few ideas to that can be great or useful

1. More home customization such as-
    New colors or a color wheel,New gamer pics, Able to make our own Backgrounds

2.New Ui system in the game store such as adding genre's

3.More better backwards games if possible example
    Soulcalibur 4,tales of vesperia,final fantasy,Skate,the rest of the sonic games,and other amazing games.

4. Better home ui system its fine as is but it can be improved.

i have no idea what category is appropriate for this

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add language selector to system preferences for apps and games which override the system ones

The idea is to add duplicated language preferences in system settings which would override the system ones for apps and games, and with no need to restart the system.

The games currently lacks of language selector, so they read the values (maybe region, language or both?) from the system for selecting the assets to load and other settings (like subtitles to show).

Well, it would be great if we could set these values in a way that only apps and games would read them, but not changing the system settings. As system settings requires to restart, and changes the dashboard…

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bluetooth Speakers

There should be a setting in the settings menu for the Xbox One that allows you to Bluetooth to average everyday Bluetooth speakers. This is an awesome idea that would better improve gaming, watching tv, or listening to Pandora.

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Arabic

Hello ,,, do you do when the Arabic language in the Xbox one

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Quicker Snap App Switching!!!

Hey guys,

We need a quicker/better way to switch between snapped apps when we double tap the Xbox Button. Right now, if you are snapped to the main app you have to double tap the xbox button, which highlights Unsnap, then hit right twice and then A. This is a lot more steps then just pressing the Xbox button Once then moving right once and hitting A. Same for switching to the snapped app.

My suggestion is that if something is snapped and you are on the main app..... If you want to switch you double press the Xbox Button…

41 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please integrate more of these social accounts to link to Xbox Live thank you

Please integrate more of these social accounts to link to Xbox Live thank you.

Twitch,

Steam,

Origin,

Spotify,

Instagram,

Skype,

LINE,

Pin interest,

Connect,

Find Friends,

Game Center,

Garmin,

Tumblr,

Messenger,

and email contacts (CARDDAV contacts) etc.

40 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base