~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bigger Pin section

In addition to the return of pinning from stores as other people have suggested, a bigger pin list or pin subsections would be helpful. I'd like to have a section of my pins just for a wishlist because I tend to pin a lot of games I intend to buy later.

69 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Snap an app background

If there is a way, it would be nice to have it when you snap an app (grove music ) to get the option to keep in background. This way it doesn't take up any screen space. But if possible make it an option. *for example after selecting an app to snap have a second tab under the app box keep in background

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring Back Ability To Snap Movies and TV

I've always loved the ability to snap my favorite movies on the side of my game while playing. Sometimes during long wait times, it kept me company as I waited. Now with the newest update the feature has been removed. Please bring it back so I am no longer bored while waiting for a match.

58 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bring pin feature back to the store

I used it as a "wishlist" for games I was interested in and wanted to buy, but couldn't at the moment. Now I'm forgetting what cool games I wanted to buy when I'm looking for something new to play. Also, more pin space?

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Xbox Live - Snap Feature

There should be a quick mute button within the app when you're snapping two apps together. For example, if I'm playing Overwatch and I have Plex on the side, I don't want to have to go into options for one or the other and bring the volume down. It should be an easy button that I can toggle quickly and easily.

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Universal controller Settings and Media Player (music) active in background on XBOXONE, basically -- step up from 360 not down

Seriously, The 360 had the Universal settings for favourite controls in game, (Invert Y Axis). Why is it not available on the Xbox One? I have to go into every single game and change it manually?

Also i JUST learned, that I can not run music on my console WHILE playing a game!! While this could be done on the X360 in 2007 (Maybe before i dunno this is when i bought it) why can't it be done on ONE??

You have to snap the app! so my 55 inch TV becomes a 32 Inch TV for playing games! in…

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Customable Organization Folders

A way to create nameable folders to enter a custom mix of games/apps into. The folders should be able to be pinned. It would clear up the pins as one folder could hold multiple games/apps. Example: (Shooter Folder - Gears of War 4, Battlefield 1, Call of Duty Infinite Warfare) ; (Entertainment - Netflix, HBO GO, Hulu, Youtube)

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Options to Pin

Prior to recent update you could pin any game from the store to your dashboard. This made it easy to have quick access to games you may want to buy in the future! That option has been removed and would like it restored. It was almost like a "wish list" function, and now games I may be interested will never get played... Because so many new games are added continuously I'll never remember the ones I may have wanted.

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. More Customizable options for Thumbsticks on Elite Controller

Can we please get more customizable options added to the Elite controllers thumbsticks. As far as I am aware you are only able to swap the left thumbstick and the right one. I am primarily an FPS player and I use LEGACY thumbsticks. Sadly amazing FPS games like Battlefront, Wolfenstein, DOOM, Bioshock, Far Cry don't give the player the option to select Legacy thumbsticks in their menus. COD, Destiny and Halo among others all allow for this setting. I really don't understand why it's so difficult for other developers to do the same. If we could get more options added…

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Move Game DVR Clips & Images to USB.

My internet is painfully slow right now, but I have a bunch of clips that I want to edit together on PC. Uploading them to either Xbox Live or OneDrive is slow. It would be nice if we could move them to a USB stick instead of having to rely on the internet to move clips off of an Xbox One. This would also be helpful when moving house as phone lines (and by extension, internet access) can takes several days to set up, or when phone lines in a certain area are down due to various reasons.

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Ease of Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PC to Xbox streaming

Ok, the Xbox to PC streaming is excellent and can be a joy. However, I have games on the PC I'd love to play in the living room. Why not stream the other way around?

So mouse and keyboard control would be required on a few games perhaps (does the Xbox support this yet...?) but many the controller would be fine.

It's not as though the tech isn't there already. Look at the Steam Link.

Oh, and this is pie in the sky wishing, but the ability to use the Steam Controller would also be cool.

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple home Xbox Ones

I think that Microsoft should allow a player to set up to two home Xbox Ones. I know I'm not the only person with this idea, and many forums have agreed with me. Myself, being a teenager with divorced parents, have two Xboxes: One at my mom's house, and one at my dad's. I use each of them equally, but the other Xbox is used by another person just as much. If I could set both of these to be my home Xbox, then when somebody starts playing a game, it wouldn't sign me out of the game I'm playing,…

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. pause download in queue

I have a queue with a lot of games to download.

I want the current game in queue downloading keep active, but I want to pause all another items on the list...

But, I cant pause games/apps who are not downloading (are in the line for download)...

Then, I have to pause the mains download, wait for the next start and pause then, wait for the next and pause... And, at the end, unpause the only game that I really want to download.

Please, help me putting a way to pause a download not active, gut on the queue list…

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. content search

I used to be able to search for shows.. i.e. Bing/Hey Cortana "Dark Matter" and it would display matching shows/apps/games etc, and then id pick the tv show, and it'd then show me what apps it was available on.. i.e. Netflix, syfy etc... BUT now, search just does NOT work... it ONLY displays shows for purchase, not shows I have access to via my other apps. Please bring back this feature! Developers, see ref#1350621872 for more info.

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bring back gestures

Pretty much what it says, i know others have posted about the same topic but i guess we need 100,000 to post about the same thing before they decide to "add" what they removed from something we all bought....the craziest thing is "well it just wasnt used very much" so add a switch to turn it on and off, not remove it for people...i really dont care if only 1 person used it, thats 1 person who spent 400 on a console sold as "better with kinect" not only do you drop support for it virtually, you remove key features…

32 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Snap Skype plz

I would love to see my person whom I'm speaking to on Skype on the right upper part of the screen or move the view on the other 3 sides of the screen as well as making it as translucent as possible because o don't like the blocking my view love like the split we encountered on the other layout on first update on Xbox one

31 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Xbox App for Mac OS

Being able to access Xbox through Mac OS will take away lots of stress of having buying a whole new operating system.

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Expand support for regions

Can you please expand your support for other regions such as Syria and other arabic countries?
    It's getting really hard to access features in xbox live it always gives me errors.

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hands Free Gaming

THIS SHOULD BE A COMPLETE OPTION THE WAY GAMES ARE TODAY IS HOW THEY SHOULD STAY. SO FUTURE GAMES SHOULD BE PLAYABLE WITH A HANDHELD CONTROLLER AND THE HEADSET CONTROLLER THAT IS EXPLAINED BELOW

The kenesic mouse is cool. But using facial expressions could get annoying after a while so instead tilt your head to move your character. To aim or look around with your character just move your eyes to a different location on the screen.To use any button besides movement and aim just say it. And multiple button presses could be for example +LB,RT,A+ just say plus your…

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to switch between snapped apps.

It would be nice to switch between snapped apps, as far as which one is the main and snapped app.

For example, I was on the WWE app and watching the NBA finals in snap mode. And certain time I would go back in forth far as which app was the main app, but while doing this the main app would close and then I would have to snap it.

So if we could switch via "voice" or the "View Button" would be cool.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base