~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Xbox One X NEEDS to include a free Kinect adapter.

After supporting the failed Kinect for years, it's upsetting to see that it's being discontinued. At the very least Microsoft should send a free adapter to "Xbox one x" customers who continue to use their old Kinect peripherals. Microsoft has done this already for customers who bought the "one s" this console should be no different. We should not have to spend another 40 dollars for supporting Microsoft's mistakes..

254 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Cortana & Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back the KInect gestures for xbox Dashboard

They were pretty good easy to use. It is a main attractive for the buyers of xbox one with kinect
    If Microsoft brings them back Every one will have the full experience
    of kinect as promised. If the gestures come back with few more new features and gestures the users will be able to use xbox eita an ease rather than using controller even for Dashboard

120 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Cortana & Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Kinect adapter

Having boasted about the technological advancements,, what good are you when you still rely on a bunch of adapters and wires running all over your living room.

I have an Xbox One s which I recently bought. I had an Xbox One which I gave away to my cousin but I kept the Kinect.

Now if I'd like to connect the Kinect to my new console I need a new adapter which apparently is not even available for my location and I'd have to wait 3-4 weeks.

Why are you guys so hell bent on selling Each and Every accessory…

104 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Cortana & Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fire the entire Kinect team.

The whole team should be fired. So many people want to use the Kinect and the whole program is dead. The games available horrible. Fitness app is on it's way out. Only reason i bought an Xbox was to interact with games i don't always want to use a controller. It sucks i wasted money on dead promises and the Kinect team has failed. Hire new people who can resurrect the project.

76 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Cortana & Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Take out Cortana

For In-Game commands, bring back "xbox" instead of "hey Cortana". Cortana makes it very inconvienient to do simple commands without disturbing your game, such as "Xbox record that" "xbox take a screenshot". Opening Cortana and waiting for it to load really sucks playing online in games such as Call of Duty: Black Ops III and similar games and often ruins the clip you are trying to capture.

68 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hand gesture on dashboard

Hand gestures annoy some people , give them the option to turn it off. If people aren't sure how to use an Xbox one controller (e.g parents) then they can simply use the Kinect hand gesture to move around between apps or dashboard pages. Thanks for Voting , Comment !!! SHARE!!!

63 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Free Kinect Adapter

I preordered my Xbox One X Scorpio Edition but I still want to use my Kinect. Can I get a Kinect adapter for free PLEASE. I've owned every generation of Xbox and am a die hard XBOX FAN!!

I even pre-ordered the original Xbox One day one edition and paid $500 for it. I really didn't want the Xbox one S when they announced Scorpio at the same time!!!

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. XB1 S Disables Kinect IR Blaster!! PLEASE FIX!

Would like the ability to use the Kinect's IR blaster instead of the Xbox One S's built in one! The tiny single blaster on the new console just doesn't work where it is located. Give us the ability to select either or, or just use them both always! This is common sense MS get your crap together!

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Cortana & Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix Kinect Xbox and Cortana commands

Please fix select options. Since the last xbox update, whether you use xbox or Cortana for voice commands, you cannot select anything on screen (Netflix, Hulu, etc. I cannot speak on One Guide as we just relocated and don't have cable yet). Text no longer illuminates as selections. Cortana says, "say what you want to select" or something to that effect and then doesn't select anything.

54 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Cortana & Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Kinect Gestures Topic Merge

There are tons and tons of threads about bringing Kinect gestures back, with votes in the multiple thousands, but they are spread so thin among many requests it's hard to see just how much overwhelming support this topic really has; these topics should be merged into one collaborative post to see just how much support this really has!

52 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bring back the kinect gestures!

When I bought my Xbox one I actually held off for a little longer to save up for kinect. I don't even play any Kinect games but I loved the voice commands and gestures. I was excited for developments to be made to improve the gestures, not for them to be removed entirely! I brought a product for a purpose and now that purpose is half diminished, please bring it back!

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cortana & Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. f.e.a.r all games

please bring the f.e.a.r games to xbox one!!!

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Cortana & Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Kinect adapter for

I think it is *** that when you buy a brand new Xbox One console, that you have to buy a Kinect separate, and the fact that no where on the Kinect box does it mention that you need an adapter to play on the newer xbox one S series. This is pure greed. Why spend all that money just to have to spend more money? Of course Microsoft tells you that this is your problem, that you should have contacted them first, they would have told you this. That Kinect adapter should be free for anyone who has purchased…

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Cortana & Kinect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Set a timer with Cortana

"Hey Cortana, notify me in x minutes/hours to check the oven, make a call, go to sleep, etc"

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve Performance of Cortana/Voice Commands

Cortana's performance on the Xbox One is generally abysmal. Besides the extra syllables required to say, "Hey Cortana" vs "Xbox", she often takes significantly longer to think about simple commands, i.e. Pause/Play, Volume Up/Down, etc. Sometimes even with these simple commands she ends up snapping an internet search, which is the last thing the user wants as they're trying to watch something. "Hey Cortana sign in" is completely useless; I haven't gotten this to work once yet when the Kinect doesn't recognize me, which is almost every time. Also their are nuances when she does finally understand what your asking,…

45 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Kinect + bluetooth

So to my surprise the xbox one doesn't have any bluetooth functionality.

Gaming chairs, can no longer be used wirelessly and this is your chance to fix it.

The kinect. Not everyone has one, but I bet they would if it had bluetooth, and could connect to their phones..bluetooth headsets...

Would love to be able to answer a call on my kinect during game play via my cell phone, if car stereos can control a cell phone you can definitely make kinect do something of the sort.

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow us to use old xbox commands on top of cortana

xbox pause is sooo much faster than hey cortana pause..
    please allow us to use both

39 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hand navigation with kinect

Bring back being able to navigate menus with your hands

38 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring back fitnest

Xbox fitness was closed down and was only reason many had Kinect bring it back

37 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base