~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. mixer removal option

Not that anything will ever happen, but I want a option to remove this crap you guys call mixer. I do not stream nor do I watch streamers.
    I play video games, Now I have another useless tab that was forced onto me without a way to get rid of it.
    stop forcing these gimicks onto people that have no use of them.

Make them downloadable apps so if people want them they can download them at their hearts content.

138 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. please add Dolby Vision playback on Xbox One X

Microsoft has clearly shown that they want us to pay a premium price for "the most powerful console" ever. They continue to speak about HDR and 4k. Why is there no mention of support for Dolby Vision. This is clearly superior to HDR10. When they tout such processing power and tech specs, why do we not get this feature. $500 is alot to ask for something that is not nearly as cutting edge as advertised. MICROSOFT....PLEASE ADD DOLBY VISION SUPPORT!!!!!

104 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spotify/Pandora Music through Xbox Chat Headset

It would be a cool idea to have a music service through your chat headset, and you can toggle which sound mode you want (Music or Voice Chat), and have it snapped on the side with the music player options (Play, Pause, Rewind, Fast-Forward, Shuffle, etc)

102 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add back the pinning of TV Shows within apps to preview again before update goes public.

Basically in the newest preview, you can no longer pin shows within apps anymore, please add this feature back.

87 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Snap Location

I think when we opt to snap something our Xbox that we should have the option as to where. I propose we allow the, to snap an app, then the Xbox will highlight the sides top and bottom. Then we can simply use the D-pad to select where we want it snapped.

83 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show "Announcements" to Everyone in Xbox Insider Hub App like Feedback Hub in Windows 10 without the Need of Joining the Insider Program

I just wanted to Read the Announcements in Xbox Insider Hub App without joining the Xbox Insider Program. I did the same on my Windows 10 PC with Feedback Hub App.

70 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bring back all maddens

If you have xbox 360 madden you can put it in Xbox one

66 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Game Dvr

On upload studio and Game DVR when you record you should be able to speak while recording instead of voice over and hear your friends that are in your party

66 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. .mkv files should support subtitles

.mkv files will not play with subtitles on xbox one. How am I supposed to watch anime? It works fine on PS4. Fix this!

61 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back Snap Mode!

Snap Mode made the Xbox One GREAT. What were you thinking when you removed it? GIVE IT BACK!

61 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Spotify

Please can you try get a Spotify app for the xbox one, I know conflict of interest and all that but you don't ask you don't get!!

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Optional browsers

I simply want the optional use of browsers such as Google chrome,Firefox, or Internet explorer and also can Microsoft/Xbox add an image downloader to the browser apps because i want a wallpaper on my xbox without having to use a usb stick or dnls/dlns idk how to spell that but it would still be nice to download wallpapers without any external devices.

59 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. YouTube 60fps playback

The YouTube app lacks 60fps playback. Other devices can playback at 60fps just fine. The iOS app, the HTML5 web version, PlayStation 4, and smart TVs play supported YouTube videos at 60fps, but the Xbox One does not.

It is very possible for the Xbox One to process 60fps YouTube videos. In fact, you can use the Microsoft Edge app and watch 60fps YouTube videos on YouTube's website. This is not desireable since there already exists an Xbox One YouTube app and the playback via Edge is not perfect (frames, fullscreening, etc. think Edge app is a full PC browser…

57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More video app snapping

I'd like more video apps to snap. All I can really watch while I play is YouTube. I'd like Netflix, Hulu and Xbox movies & tv to be able to snap

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. (Youtube App) Can you Please make a Feature streaming directly from the xbox one to youtube

Xbox you need to get a feature so that you can directly live stream from your xbox one to youtube

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Deezer

Please work with Deezer to create or port the existing Deezer app from Windows 10 to Xbox One. please also enable it to play in the background.

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add YouTube Livestreaming

You should be able to livestream to YouTube and not only twitch. Ps4 does this and Xbox should too. It makes it easier to grow on YouTube.

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Media Player

Bring the background music support that will becoming to Groove Music to Xbox One local media player, through both attached drive and DNLA. This will give Xbox users who either don't have great internet connection or are on a limited monthly data allowance more options than just streaming music.

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Xbox App on macOS/OSX

Please consider doing an Xbox Remote app similar to the PS4 Remote Play app, for macOS devices.

This would be great for streaming to a MacBook, much like the PS4 Remote app.

My only way to play on my mac is through Bootcamp or Parallels. It would be great for native support on the macOS side with it's own dedicated resources!

Thanks for all you guys do!

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Media Player should support Background Music

Now that background music is finally out, Media Player needs to be updated to support it. To match the functionality of the Xbox 360 we need DLNA support as well as local support (and it would also need to rip CD's, but I don't see that coming anytime soon). I know someone has made the Simple Background Music Player, but it doesn't support folders or DLNA, so please Microsoft update Media Player so it supports Background Music!

48 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base