~New Ideas

Step 1 – Find and vote on existing ideas, or vote on Backwards Compatible games.
Step 2 – Can’t find your idea? Submit a new idea below for others to vote and comment on.

Post your new ideas and feature requests for Xbox (or vote for an existing idea) here!

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use Blue-ray Player Offline

I think it's rather ridiculous to find out that Xbox won't let me watch a DVD when I'm offline.

My tv and Internet service provider is doing maintenance, so we can't use the Internet or watch cable tv.

So, we thought we'd start a new season on DVD only to find out that we need Internet to do so.

Please support the use of the Blue-ray App offline!

148 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Partner with Sega again and bring either a Dreamcast and/or Saturn Emulator to the Xbox One

Purchase Sega's rights to their older Console's brands and developer an Emulator for them on the Xbox One, much in the same way Sega themselves have done for the Genesis on Steam.

72 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add back the pinning of TV Shows within apps to preview again before update goes public.

Basically in the newest preview, you can no longer pin shows within apps anymore, please add this feature back.

67 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sharing clips to Twitter/Facebook via the Xbox App

I know you can share items through the Xbox One itself and that's great. However, I would like to see the ability to share items to Twitter via the PC/Mobile. It'll make things a bit easier.

67 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Release a family timer App, even charge a few bucks for it, give parents the option

If it is so hard to add a family timer as an update , which it must be or why else wouldn't you, then get an App written and released....
    Please !

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Apple Music

It would be great if we had a Apple Music app on Xbox One also with background play coming soon.

64 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix Microsoft Edge!!!

Microsoft Edge is the WORST browser ever because of it bugs and glitches and annoying ads! Microsoft! You lied to us! You told us that Microsoft Edge Beta was finished but it looks like it not! Microsoft Edge is a huge failure and I really want it fixed! The keyboard in Microsoft Edge has a poor function. Plus, there are ads! I don't like ads but there too many ads! Microsoft Edge doesn't close tabs when you quit. I not happy, Microsoft.

FIX MICROSOFT EDGE!

62 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please Do Not Remove Snap.

I read that the team is considering removing the app. I love this app. I use it very frequently while gaming and find it to be an amazing addition to the console. It truly makes the Xbox One stand out, and was one of the primary reasons I chose XB1 as opposed to PS4.

Playing movies on a media center via HDMI input while playing games is one of the strongest features of the console and I would be extremely disappointed if it was removed.

61 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Record longer on Game DVR

A lot of people have epic Xbox gameplay that they would like to share, be it a match on COD 3 or legendary loot in Borderlands 2.
    The problem is that Game DVR doesn't allow recording longer than 5 minutes. Many people move on to buying a screen capture card that costs over $100. A big percentage of gamers don't have the money or resources to shell out money for these capture cards, including me.
    I suggest that the max recording session should be up to one hour, instead of 5 minutes. Why one hour? When sharing footage we want…

60 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back all maddens

If you have xbox 360 madden you can put it in Xbox one

57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Snap Location

I think when we opt to snap something our Xbox that we should have the option as to where. I propose we allow the, to snap an app, then the Xbox will highlight the sides top and bottom. Then we can simply use the D-pad to select where we want it snapped.

55 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. YouTube as background music

Sims background music has finally came it could be a lot more nicer for YouTube to be part of the background music program (you can use YouTube without snap and it could be a lot more easier if you connected your phone to the Xbox One)

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Google Chrome on Xbox One

Microsoft Edge sucks. Are you really that conceited you can't add a third party web browser like Chrome? No one likes your *** web browsers.

51 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. .mkv files should support subtitles

.mkv files will not play with subtitles on xbox one. How am I supposed to watch anime? It works fine on PS4. Fix this!

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Optional browsers

I simply want the optional use of browsers such as Google chrome,Firefox, or Internet explorer and also can Microsoft/Xbox add an image downloader to the browser apps because i want a wallpaper on my xbox without having to use a usb stick or dnls/dlns idk how to spell that but it would still be nice to download wallpapers without any external devices.

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Youtube

It would be nice to have all the new YouTube apps .. the YouTube Music App (Which will be nice for background music) & YouTube Gaming App & implement the feature for Xbox gamers to live broadcast their gameplay on YouTube. :)

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Xbox Users To Stream To YouTube

Ok So I have been having troubles with the Xbox One Twitch app, it has been lagging which has caused me to
    Stop streaming!

I would love to see Xbox One allow users to stream straight to YouTube! As this would allow us to stream to our subscribers and many people can watch and comment!

What do you think of this idea?

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Spotify/Pandora Music through Xbox Chat Headset

It would be a cool idea to have a music service through your chat headset, and you can toggle which sound mode you want (Music or Voice Chat), and have it snapped on the side with the music player options (Play, Pause, Rewind, Fast-Forward, Shuffle, etc)

46 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Game Dvr

On upload studio and Game DVR when you record you should be able to speak while recording instead of voice over and hear your friends that are in your party

44 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More video app snapping

I'd like more video apps to snap. All I can really watch while I play is YouTube. I'd like Netflix, Hulu and Xbox movies & tv to be able to snap

42 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base