Suggest features and changes to improve Ease of access

Free Magnifier to Zoom Into Small Text On Screen

Make a free magnifier (similar to magnifier on windows) for xbox one delivered via monthly update and able to be used in game. It's a must given the exceedingly small text size in most current games and the fact most people sit on couches quite far from the screen. A survey would reveal the majority of people (with 20/20 vision) have trouble with the small text in current games given that they are sitting as far away from the screen as recommended by optometrists.
Nothing spoils immersion more than not being able to read text which is critical to gameplay or having to sit too close to a screen causing eye damage & strain. Could only lead to increased sales as many people would now be able to play games which were previously unplayable.

77 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mad marty 22 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • mad marty 22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks to everyone who voted for my suggestion. Also a big personal thank you to the folks at Microsoft for making my dream come true :D I'm so happy accessibility options (including magnifier) have been added to the new xbox one experience! I can finally play games I had to miss out on such as The Witcher 3. Life is sweet :D

• cart00nstrip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you are sitting so far away from your screen that you can't read text, you're probably too far from your screen to begin with. Seriously, what other details are you missing out on?

• Len 3000000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, but *Microsoft insists you have a screen of no less than 80 inches. If you don't believe me, just snap an app and try to read text then.

• BinkyMonster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There has to be more of us, GTA V text messages drive me nuts.
    To activate say 'magnify' and wave hand to control lens on screen to hover. Simple.
    Oh and the action will pause during this, accessibility options are a great idea and no doubt in the works. Just need a hurry up on this one.
    I have good vision but sit 10 feet from 46in HDTV Sony. Should probably take a break when text goes blurry.
    Leaning forward a foot helps too....

• mad marty 22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@ Call Me G0D3915 ; I imagine it working similar to magnifier on windows. If you've never used it; try it out. It works a treat!

• MovableSeeker20 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's a great idea! If people with perfect 20/20 vision struggle to read the on screen text I imagine it must be even more difficult for people with less than perfect vision. Come on MS this is such a simple idea and would be useful for everyone!

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base