Suggest features and changes to improve Ease of access

Increase Font Size/Make It Resizable

I have a hard time to read all the (white) text on the dark background since the font is simply too small. I am not sitting very close to my TV and sometimes I even have to walk closer to the TV to be able to read anything. Especially when navigating through the settings of Xbox.

It would be great to be able to increase the font size.

445 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

aureo basel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

59 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • theHAC2008 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find the font size on most console games ridiculously way too small to read unless you are sitting on top of the screen. I have 46 and 52 inch 4k screens and cannot make out text in many games, or maps, such as in Farm Simulator.

• MrSunsets commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this! Assassin's Creed text is extremely small and my eyes are killing me within an hour.

• alexncfc85 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, whether it's white text on black background or the other way around, it's just too small and causing me very bad eyestrain. Please add a resize option.

• GamerLee83 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. The text size is shockingly small. I'm partially sighted and really struggling to see text on the One X in games. Please can this be changed

• ScaryTeacher209 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow an option to increase font size and soon. It probably isn't a difficult thing to include. Allow your VI gamers as much independence as possible

• choppyseize commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Im actually surprised this isn't a thing either. I have lots of friends that get closer to the TV to read things. Its a great idea. I think this should be a feature for sure.

• PackedBump commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft this is one that needs to be sorted out. As a visually impaired gamer also I have a hard time reading a 48inch HD TV even from only around 6ft away which is the recommended distance for the size.

• WrittenSun2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have perfect vision and I have a hard time reading the font. My tv is older but it is an HD.

• Perfect X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I can't read anything on the screen and I have a 50 inch screen and sitting only 10 feet away from it. I switch to XBOX 360 and the font is perfect.

• ARaja452 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a visually impaired gamer and I find using the interface hard because of the text size

• roikles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like modern games are only tested on 23-27inch screens that are designed to be sat right in front of. My partner and I purchased Dishonored 2 this Christmas but are really struggling to play it from the sofa as the text is far too small and also in a cursive font.

I have poor eyesight but wear glasses and I get headaches trying to read the text. My fiance also has poor eyesight but is also dislexic and the font choice they have used is almost impossible for her to read.

I appreciate that its likely impossible for Microsoft to build in a font size adjusted that just works across all games but it would be nice if the QA team actively rejected games that didn't meet accessibility guidelines and refused to publish them until they met regional law requirements and recommendations for accessibility.

• Ritulshuriken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. Killing my eyes.
    Games like Minecraft and Terrarria have teeny fonts too. Why is that?
    The main UI is shockingly small.

• WoofyCat113 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wanted to add a "me too" from me and a "me three" from my husband. Neither of us can read the small text without getting up to peer at the telly and we're not *that* old...

• Rosado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed 100%. I have a 55" TV and still need to sit quite close to it in order to be able to see the games subtitles... Its really bad experience... Tks

• Cinderan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please at least offer an option to change the white text to gray or something. White text on a dark backgrounds - light hits each word reflects and scatters into each other. This makes it hard to reads and is stressful on the users eyes.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base