Suggest features and changes to improve Ease of access

Single-handed Xbox One Controller

Please release a controller for disabled people who can only use one hand. Even a flightstick with an analogo thumbstick on top would be awsome. So many people have this necessity... LET THEM BE GAMERS!

246 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Akudesyn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • FreehandCurve70 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How I Got My Blank ATM Card And Became Weathy...

I'am Elizabeth Russ, me and my husband are here to testify about how we use Shawn Pablo ATM black card to make money and also have our own business today. Go get your blank ATM card today and be among the lucky ones. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of hacking into any ATM machine, anywhere in the world. It has really changed our life for good and now we can say we are rich and we can never be poor again. You can withdraw the maximum of $ 10,000 daily We can proudly say our business is doing fine and we have up to 20,000 000 (20 millions dollars in our account) Is not illegal, there is no risk of being caught because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable, it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you.. For details and cost on how to get yours today, email the hackers on: fastatmhackers@gmail.com

• VisceralGnat84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tip: Microsoft has introduced the Co-pilot feature so you can link two controllers simultaneously,
    controlling what you can with one hand and setting up the other controller in another way - for example using a foot.

• choppyseize commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an awesome thing to have. I know many disabled people would love this and appreciate it very much

• Chowdr71 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After a surgery to remove a 4in tumor from my spinal cord I loss the use of my right hand. Of all the things I lost I would love to get one thing back

• Bladeyama commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I lost my left hand in Iraq and I love to play games but some games their controller setup can be extremely complicated for example Shadow of Mordor there are commands where you have to press X + A or Y + B which makes playing these types of games difficult.

• voodoov2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a one-handed gamer after a motorcycle accident left my left arm paralysed in 2005. A friend originally adapted a controller for me but eventually I learned to play on a standard controller with one hand and now I'm reasonably competent in most game types. If anybody would like advice or to find out more, feel free to message me. My gamertag is voodoov2. I'm nothing special and it's a lot easier than you'd think. Just takes practise. Good luck and peace to all :)

• VailingWindow31 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a remote for arm amputees would be greatly appreciated to continue using gaming system and games that have been quite the investment.

• CanniestMage695 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A one-handed controller would allow my son to use his Xbox 360. Right now he prefers the Wii because of their remote. But you are not compatible with their remote. But Xbox has all the new Madden Football games that he loves, and he would like to use his Xbox more.

• Bluto73 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I and many other disabled gamers would love it if Microsoft could introduce a controller that we could use with one hand. I suffered a stroke a few years back but certain games are unplayable due to my disability to control the left trigger and shoulder buttons.

• vSWEETxREVENGEv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many people all over the world enjoy the Xbox consoles both new and old, but there are also many people with injuries resulting in the loss of a hand or arm making gaming very hard. If Microsoft were to create a controller suitable for using with one hand, for both Xbox 360 and Xbox One users, a whole new world of gaming could be introduced to these people.

• IanHamilt0n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simpler and cheaper solution, and one that would benefit all gamers, not just those who have limited use of one hand, would be button remapping across all games.

The most effective approach would be a certification requirement for all devs to include it in their games, as was done on the Sega Saturn.

Next best after that would be saving per-game remapping profiles at a system level, although it's not perfect as the system menu isn't the first place that players will look to find control options for a game.

Sony have now taken the first step towards this, with a basic single profile remap option. So XB1 now has some catching up to do.

• KhakiSuperBunny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's a current gap in the market xbox which you're not exploiting and getting a tonne of new gamers to boot!

Me and my wife who has only use of one hand with very limited use of the other were browsing a games supplier last weekend when she spotted a game she liked the look of, before saying "I'd love to play that, it's something is really enjoy, but I can't use the controller..."

Confident there must be some sort of adaptor or controller available online I took to the Internet, but found next to diddly squat!

This surprises me that an innovative company like Microsoft/Xbox aren't helping disabled players like my wife to enjoy and experience your gaming systems!

Please help us Xbox and the no doubt thousands of disabled wannabe gamers out there and design I single handed controller!

Much love

• Swirly Kalen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Benheck does one handed controllers. You can find him on Youtube by looking up the BenHeckShow. I believe he sells these controllers for people who need them. But he does mods in general so I would email him and ask if he can help you.

• IanHamilt0n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that MS manufacturing them would be a little unrealistic. However there are a great deal already out there that can't be used. A simpler solution might to allow backwards compatibility with Xbox 360 controllers, and both allow free access to and encourage development of third party bespoke devices.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base