Suggest features and changes to improve Ease of access

Create a lighter controller designed for users with muscular diseases

I am a carer for a lad with X-linked Myotubular Myopathy. It is extreme muscles weakness and has very delicate hands. He can't use the xbox controller but wants to. A smaller lighter controller with the same analogue and Dpad layout as a PlayStation controller. It is easier to use for physically disabled people with specific diseases and this also has a market for children. I feel very strongly for this and think it would benefit everyone if this idea was put into action. Rachel G in support was on board and very helpful with this matter. I hope people can get on board and support this.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Smaller, lighter controllers with a similar layout to PlayStation 4 controllers for sufferers of many diseases such as Myotubular Myopathy."]

393 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

shwanky1990 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • FreehandCurve70 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How I Got My Blank ATM Card And Became Weathy...

I'am Elizabeth Russ, me and my husband are here to testify about how we use Shawn Pablo ATM black card to make money and also have our own business today. Go get your blank ATM card today and be among the lucky ones. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of hacking into any ATM machine, anywhere in the world. It has really changed our life for good and now we can say we are rich and we can never be poor again. You can withdraw the maximum of $ 10,000 daily We can proudly say our business is doing fine and we have up to 20,000 000 (20 millions dollars in our account) Is not illegal, there is no risk of being caught because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable, it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you.. For details and cost on how to get yours today, email the hackers on: fastatmhackers@gmail.com

• NiCkDee24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you tried removing the batteries and using a USB cable instead? it may take some of the weight off. I've upped this idea also, light would be helpful for this condition. Full support.

• CaitieMay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There was a "mini" Xbox One controller for sale for awhile! It might be harder to find now, but I definitely feel for you! I have arthritis and after playing for like an hour, my hands cramp from the design of the controller.

• pawncrackers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope that the newly designed controllers that come with the Xbox One S are an improvement to the ones you already use, OP. :)

• xONLYUSEmeFEET commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! Can the person you care for use a PS3/PS4 controller without issue? If so, I'd recommend buying a PS3/PS4 to Xbox One Controller Adapter. Brook makes one that's Plug and Play but more than one brand exists. These adapters are used primarily by fighting game players to save them from having to buy a second arcade stick, but they also work just fine with a standard controller. PS3 controllers are very light and would be the best option if the weight of the controller is the biggest issue.

An adapter would also, theoretically, let you use any PS3/PS4/Xbox One controller on the market, which would give you a larger pool of controllers to choose from. If a standard PS3 controller isn't good enough, I'd recommend you go through a site like Amazon and start comparing weights of every controller they offer. As a sidenote, if the person you care for primarily plays fighting games, a fightpad or arcade stick may be the best controller to buy. Hope this helps!

• GigaBlaster48 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You may use the controller with the cable only, it will have less weight. You may also try another wired controller brand, if possible, before buying. You may also look out for a controller adapter.

• ThasMissRoxy2U commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a form of Neuromuscular disease called Spinal Muscular Atrophy. This disease mainly affects all of the muscles in the body. I absolutely love gaming; I've been gaming since the age of ten. As I've gotten older, I've started losing strength in my hands. It's become difficult to play games that require pushing down the left and right sticks. Changing the layout of the controller in the game doesn't help much. It would be nice if you guys could come up with a more modded controller for those of use who have weak hand muscles.

• clxbrgdxtrx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe if they remove the vibration motors and the AA battery with a built in rechargeable battery instead, that would make it a bit lighter. (Also, vibrations might be bad for them, maybe.)

• CR718 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have cerebral palsy and I play most games left handed can't really play a lot of shooting games tho because you need two hands and you have to be quick and accurate which I'm not in most games without auto aim but I play for the enjoyment and not for competitive stats so I make it work the best that I can

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base