Suggest features and changes to improve Ease of access

Promote Very Broad Difficulty Adjustment in Games

To take into account players with slower reactions and/or understanding, please, pretty please, do something about the mad difficulty level in many games.

In the late 70's/early 80's Atari used to offer difficulty level adjustment for one or two players. They used to offer easy play options.

Things seem to have gone backwards since then in main-stream games. For many players there is no such thing as too easy. Game developers need to hear this message.

Even if it's just for a segment of the game, some practice areas, or a range of restricted on-line arenas, this would be a step in the right direction.

106 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

OneSwitch888 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • FreehandCurve70 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How I Got My Blank ATM Card And Became Weathy...

I'am Elizabeth Russ, me and my husband are here to testify about how we use Shawn Pablo ATM black card to make money and also have our own business today. Go get your blank ATM card today and be among the lucky ones. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of hacking into any ATM machine, anywhere in the world. It has really changed our life for good and now we can say we are rich and we can never be poor again. You can withdraw the maximum of $ 10,000 daily We can proudly say our business is doing fine and we have up to 20,000 000 (20 millions dollars in our account) Is not illegal, there is no risk of being caught because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable, it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you.. For details and cost on how to get yours today, email the hackers on: fastatmhackers@gmail.com

• Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make it easier for all gamers to play their favorite games. Unfortunately, we can't all be gaming pros. :)

• naynaymacrame commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have really slow reaction times due to nerve and brain damage from my epilepsy. Everything is on casual/easy because I wanna have fun, not die every other minute.

• OneSwitch888 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love that....

"The amount of money I would give people if the pitch included 'you can literally just wander around this beautiful world that we've designed without any kind of pressure' is very very large."

Adding a non-pressure area for games for pure enjoyment and exploration, has huge potential benefits.

• DelayedCelery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There was an idea I've seen which is basically 'Tourist mode', which would allow you to play and enjoy the game without the flashy/stressful/speedy combat stuff.

Disabled people buy games. Disabled people enjoy games. Disabled people want to be able to play games.

I s2g, the number of games I have where the amount of them I can play in one sitting is less time than it takes to get through the opening credits because they wear me out that quickly.

Let me repeat that. I, a disabled women, pay money for games it takes months/years to complete and which can cause headaches and migranes.

The amount of money I would give people if the pitch included 'you can literally just wander around this beautiful world that we've designed without any kind of pressure' is very very large.

• OneSwitch888 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add, this is a request backed by the IGDA GASIG Top 10 (number 7), the Game Accessibility Guidelines, scattered through AbleGamer's Includification and the SpecialEffect wish list for Accessible Game Design. It's a big deal, and has the potential to support a very wide range of players.

• TLS400 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Worth mentioning that many people who'd benefit from this, are likely not going to find this little forum to vote here. Please don't underestimate the numbers for any of these good requests.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base