Suggest features and changes to improve Ease of access

Make Xbox One Narrator available outside of the US

Dear Xbox accessibility department,
I recently became aware that a new narrator feature had been released for Xbox One. However, I also found out that it was only available in the US. I'm writing this letter to express my disappointment.

I don't think it is very fair that the narrator is only available in the US. Think about all the other blind Xbox One users in the other countries of the world who struggle to get the most out of their consoles because no accessibility features are provided for them. I, myself, am a totally blind Xbox one user and I live in the UK. I desire the ability to use the narrator as much as any other non US resident.

You say you aim to provide the best experience for everyone, but at this point in time, you aren't providing a very good experience to users who don't have the power to see. Every day, we strive to eliminate digital divide, not make it worse. By providing accessibility features to people of all countries, you can really make a difference.

I would like this issue to be resolved as soon as possible.
Yours sincerely
Sixty Sixty

79 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ExemptYak242443 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • mumuishere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Syxty, dear. The narrator is absolutely useless. You didnt miss a thing. It reads only the xbox menu. When in app (any apps, including MSF ones) the narrator is not working. It will be alot more helpfull to force the app deves to support narrator in their applications. As for the geografical issue you cand easily switch locations.

• ScoffingSet644 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

My son has learning disabilities and the narrator function would help him hugely like other children in the UK or other countries outside of the US. I totally agree that this should be resolved as soon as possible.

Scoffingset 644

• IanHamilt0n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a workaround that you can use until it get implemented properly - change the console's country setting to USA

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base