Suggest features and changes to improve Ease of access

Remappable Triggers for the Xbox One Controller

Allow us to switch the functions of the triggers on Xbox one's new controller remapping app. It only makes sense that it should be there.

153 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pending AWESOME shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • FreehandCurve70 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How I Got My Blank ATM Card And Became Weathy...

I'am Elizabeth Russ, me and my husband are here to testify about how we use Shawn Pablo ATM black card to make money and also have our own business today. Go get your blank ATM card today and be among the lucky ones. This PROGRAMMED blank ATM card is capable of hacking into any ATM machine, anywhere in the world. It has really changed our life for good and now we can say we are rich and we can never be poor again. You can withdraw the maximum of $ 10,000 daily We can proudly say our business is doing fine and we have up to 20,000 000 (20 millions dollars in our account) Is not illegal, there is no risk of being caught because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable, it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you.. For details and cost on how to get yours today, email the hackers on: fastatmhackers@gmail.com

• xXDJDEATHGODXx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to remap the triggers I was playing rainbow 6 siege and I heard a geat tip where if you remap the triggers to the bumpers, you can get a much quicker shooting speed. But once I went to the accessories app I was baffled that the triggers werent even mappable. They had left stick click and right stick click but not the trigger??? I don't know why they won't do this. Play Station has it and I think that is a reason why a lot of people like PS4. Plz fix Microsoft, this is truly irritating.

• xXDJDEATHGODXx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is truly irritating that the left bumpers and tttiggers can't be switched or remapped. In rainbow six it is essential to get the first *** off and using the left bumper is the quickest way. But I was surprised to find you couldn't do that . You could even switch the left stick click and the right click but no triggers at all. Plz fix this

• I Takeo S I commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. highly needed for Devil May Cry 4 SE because theres an unused trigger

• DirtybutHandi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a c6 c7 quadriplegic and have limited movement of my fingers Therefore shooting and aiming with the triggers is extremely difficult. I'm happy I can change controller schemes to aim/shoot to lb and rb then map it, but I'm still left out on many games. Please fix this Microsoft!!!

• YoMomma119910 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to swap RB with RT and then LB with LT. is it possible on a regular Xbox one wireless controller?

• CrzyFlyingSquid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every button, bumper, D-pad, and stick can be remapped but not the triggers. Either the devs of the remapping application are really dumb or they are lazy enough or stupid enough to overlook the simple, essential, and very standard feature of remapping one of the most important parts of a controller.

• xONLYUSEmeFEET commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello!

AJ here, disabled game developer focused on inclusive design and AbleGamers' Fellow. I was revisiting my favorite Xbox 360 game tonight, Gears of War 2, and was having the same difficulty of aiming and shooting that I had all of the years I originally played the game. Since I play games with my feet, my toes are quite short, therefore making triggers hard to press. Playing on Xbox One, I figured I could finally play the game proper by remapping both trigger inputs to the bumpers. Unfortunately, when attempting to remap the trigger inputs, I was surprised to learn that remapping triggers to buttons is impossible.

Going through the button mapping screen extensively, I concluded that triggers are indeed not being remappable. All of the other buttons, even L3/R3, can be mapped to any other button within Remapping. There is a Swap Triggers setting but it simply switches the LT and RT functions. Additionally, on a competing platform, triggers can be remapped to any button.

I would love to have a conversation on making triggers remappable on Xbox One. I'm aware of a few problems to why triggers are not remappable but in response, I have potential solutions. As AbleGamers' Fellow and someone that doesn't have anything going on at the moment, I would be honored to help Xbox achieve full remapping on their platform.

• VinnyTHEchiller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well you can't remap the triggers, not even on the elite controller but you can swap them.
    Thank god for overwatch's control customization, wich i feel should be in every game nowadays. Btw you can fully customize your controls on PC, hell even PS4 does it, why can't we do it on your system Microsoft.
    Our best bet at the moment is to buy a titan one but you'll lose headset support.
    please answer!

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base