Let us know which Xbox 360 games you’re most excited to play on Xbox One!

Dead Island

39,639 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminTeam Xbox (Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

282 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • slobsteruk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have only just upgraded to the xbox one and seriously considering returning it. Not only for this game but numerous other I own and am being asked to pay again for a different version. At least when I upgraded to an xbox 360 my original library of xbox games worked until I finished then bought new games. My loyalty is wearing very thin.

• napalm kill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitive Edition is a weak remaster. I want the original on XB1. It's the superior version, IMO.

• ONEEYEDKILLAh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A really great coop experience. Loved the open world, the location is great. Visually still looks good.

• Heartburner247 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think one of the main reasons xbox won't make this backwards compatible is because they want to cash grab for the "upgraded" version, I don't know who else is like me but I wont be buying the upgraded version I already bought the 360 version and my saved data is on their and I am unable to carry my data over so I hope they make it backwards compatible

• jactanner02 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this game I would really wish they have it on backwards compatibility I would kill for it LOL

• Brendan742 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be available on xbox one,while the definitive edition for Dead island,and Dead island riptide are available,many people including myself are perfectly fine with the standard edition of the games,and nobody wants to be forced to pay $20 just to play a game they already have.

• N3WJOSH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand the sentiment behind wanting this or other games that already have a version on Xbox One. But personally, I would prioritize those that are not available at all and at risk of being unplayable in the future - just for game preservation purposes it makes more sense.

Also, this game in particular is on sale on Xbox One very very very cheap every few months with all DLC included and ported to the superior Dying Light engine. It is okay to still want this old version you have paid for already but let's have some perspective.

There are games like MGS 2 & 3 HD, Peace Walker HD, Silent Hill Collection HD just to name some that are not available on any current console or PC. They are all below Dead Island (a game with a superior Xbox one version currently available) in this list and unfortunately If these games are not eventually made BC or ported they are at risk of being lost.

Not that the position in the list seem to matter though but hey! food for thought.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base