Let us know which Xbox 360 games you’re most excited to play on Xbox One!

Skyrim

181,022 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminTeam Xbox (Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7488 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • GamerGirlAlyssa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can say with almost 100% certainty this won't happen. They generally don't make games they already have on the Xbox one backwards compatible. Why would they when they know skyrim could easily be resold as with the special edition. Its a simple money making... Strategy I guess.
    And even if they did make it backwards compatible you would still have to restart.. And restart again if the save file decides to break or if a new update wipes it.

• yokalow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even with the SE at $25.99 I'm not willing to buy something I already own. Stupid not to make this backwards compatible. No way I'm starting a new character after all the time I spent so far...no f*ing way.

• CruxisAngelAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this available for Xbox One AND Xbox One X. I have a physical copy on my White 360 but unfortunately... the disc tray is giving me grief. I have to prod the gears in order for me to play a game every time I turn on the system. I may have to eventually buy either an Xbox One or Xbox One X.

• Grifter44 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After spending so long going through this game, building a character and completing objectives it’s very frustrating that I cannot continue on Xbox one, instead I have to start from scratch? I’m not sure I’m willing

• JXThePro2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally, I think it's incredibly stupid that Bethesda is willing to make Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Oblivion backwards compatible but are not willing to make Skyrim, even though the other games I mentioned are older, backwards compatible. I bought the game and paid extra for all of the DLC and I know that no one in their right mind would want to pay money for a game that they already bought that has absolutely no changes whatsoever. It just doesn't make any sense. We shouldn't be forced to pay for the remastered version so the we can to play the game that we've already bought. I honestly don't understand it. The old Skyrim has certain aspects to it that the "Special Edition" doesn't have that make the old Skyrim more enjoyable than the mods that supposedly "add to the actual gameplay and experience and make it more enjoyable". I'm completely fine with starting over but I definitely don't want to have to spend $60 on the same exact game that has a new feature that I will never even use. It basically like spending money on a bunch of games for the Xbox One and only playing one of them.

• SkeptiCrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either make 360 creation backwards compatible or allow save to transfer to enhanced version. I won't buy it if I have to start the game over. I mean, I probably would start a new character in addition to continuing with my existing game, but I care more about my character with tons of TLC put into it.

• tiger125 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

... But why? You really think they want to lose an opportunity to make more money reselling the game? Never gonna happen

• MetalHead367 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Might as well take this down and stop voting for it.If you're not willing to buy the remaster you won't be playing it on XB1 and that's your fault.

• Taiwana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

play it one xbox one ... why some one should play the 360 version instead?

• R0sers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this doesnt happen. I hope someone sues bethesda. I paid full retail price of 49.99 when skyrim was originally released. I still have my original disc copy for the xbox 360 but no 360 console anymore as its obsolete... Now bethesda are expecting people to pay pretty much the same price again for the exact same game. (No actual gameplay/story changes. Excluding 3rd party mods.). This has to come to B.C. its almost an 8 year old game.

• WroughtEagle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

skyrim is a master peice of a game and ive spent way too much time into it but i still want to play it and i dont want to buy another copy , plese add it in!!

• DarkWingedSiren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I for one purchased all the upgrades that are now in the newest one so why would I want to pay for it again unless there is something really spectacular I am missing. Make backward compatible

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base