Here you can find ideas relating to Avatars, including how they appear on Xbox consoles, props and clothing, and functionality.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Avatars forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas on how we can improve your Avatar experience

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Avatars and Achievements Combined Notification

I Think they should combine the avatar sytem with the achievement pop up so when we get a pop up the avatar is holding the board and being a disable button if players dont find it amusing.

416 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Avatar as the visual representation of Cortana

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad idea, but I feel at the moment the avatars don't really have a place on Xbox one. I think it would be a good idea to use them as the face of the voice recognission from connect. In the avatar customisation section there could be a voice/ language selection so they could act like xboxs equivalent to your phones cortana or apples siri

385 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Avatars More Movement

Dear xbox,
    You Should Upgrade The Avitars To Move There Heads When Ever An Xbox Live Friend Is Moving It. Thats It Thank You

370 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Not just an Avatar of our own, but Cortana too.

Ok, so many of us want our Avatars back to glory, perhaps on the main tab, or on the friends tab, or even just in a window on the main tab (but have cool animations like he/she is knocking on the glass to get out). What would also be cool, would be Cortana. Windows Phone has Cortana now, why not Xbox, it's where she belongs after all.

Give her an avatar that pops up when you say "Xbox speak to Cortana, then your Avatar pops up too as if the pair are speaking to one another. This may take up…

369 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Background Music in the Avatar App

So I was updating my avatar and realized it is completely silent in the app. I would like to see some form of background music added

368 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring Xbox Avatars App to Mobile Devices

Please give Android/iOS users the ability to customize their Xbox Avatars on the go by making the Xbox Avatars App compatible with these devices .

359 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Avatars on One work in Friends like on 360!

Avatars should be easily viewed while looking up friends. There is also no store. I find this a silly oversight. Avatars are great and not fully used well on the One.

349 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use Account Currency in Xbox One Avatar Store

How about letting us use our microsoft points for the xbox one avatar store instead of having to use our credit card info just to purchase avatar items

314 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More clothes for Xbox One Avatars

I think there should be way more customisation options for Xbox one avatars, especially clothes. There is only one color option for each clothes style, which there aren't enough of anyway. And I also think shirts and jumpers should be two different categories

311 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make a "Gift to Friend" Purchase Option in the Avatar Store

Please add possibility to buy any item for someone as a gift. Now it's complicate to buy anything on children's account in Ms Family (free items too).

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Buy avatar items as a gift...."]

304 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Avatar Animation Based On Recorded Movement With Kinect

Use a kinect to motion record yourself for 30 seconds to a minute then use the recording as idle Avatar movement

300 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bring back "burping" easter egg animation for Avatars

On the 360 Avatar Editor, you could push a stick button, and the Avatar would do differently pitched "burping" noises, while doing a silly face.

Please bring back that Easter Egg!

298 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Avatar tattoo options separate from a specific shirt/outfit

Tattoos that don't have a set shirt attached to them. More tattoos with designs such as a dragon. Allow use of a tattoo with any shirt.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "tattoos" to clarify that the idea is for Avatar tattoo options that are independent of specific Avatar outfits.]

298 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. See Friends' Avatars On the Xbox One Dashboard or App

I was thinking, like the Xbox 360, you can see all of your friends avatars and if they are online, and what game they are playing, it would be cool to have that on a tab in the home screen or something like that, I think it would be really cool!

285 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bring back "dizzy" easter egg animation for Avatars

On the 360 Avatar editor you could press a stick button and the Avatar would do an animation as if it was hit on the head.

It would roll its eyes in different direction and have a skewed mouth.

If you timed it right, the eyes would look into different directions and with the twisted mouth, that made a perfectly silly gamerpic.

I had that amusing expression for quite some time as my gamerpic, and now, since I tried doing the Preview Quest, I can't recreate this on the Xbox One anymore.

Therefore I'd like to suggest to bring back…

271 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Avatar Props, Costumes, and Animations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Xbox One Avatar Kinect/Avatar Kinect 2.0

Remember how on July 25th, 2011 Xbox released Avatar Kinect on the 360?

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Avatar-Kinect/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025848081a

I've always wanted to try this but refrained from purchasing a Kinect for the 360 due to all of the negative reviews I heard about it. But with Xbox One's Kinect, it would seem that this should have been a launch feature to interact with friends and family.

I for one would like to start recording my voice and gestures through my Avatar on the Xbox One and use my avatar for my YouTube videos! I am literally awaiting this feature.

Microsoft please make this happen!…

269 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Dragon Age II Avatars Like Fenris, Anders, and Varrick

Hey Microsoft, I know what you feel about Dragon Age II, The list of Three new Requested Avatar Outfits, should be Available for purchase: those three avatar outfits include Fenris, Anders, and Varrick. Their props include Fenris' Sword, Anders' Staff, and Bianca, Varrick's Crossbow

269 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add more full beard options for Avatars

Please add full beards for the avatars

251 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cosplay dress up Avatar items

japan based outfits & props like japanese schoolgirl/sailor outfit and nekomimi hairband and tail prop

244 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. More anime character Avatars

Can you add some more characters like Madara Uchiha to the naruto page and even more anime characters To Naruto, bleach, just any more

242 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base