Here you can find ideas relating to Avatars, including how they appear on Xbox consoles, props and clothing, and functionality.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Avatars forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas on how we can improve your Avatar experience

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Second Life like World with Xbox Avatars

A Second Life like World with Xbox Avatars thats filled with mini Games like Beach Volleyball, Golf, Soccer, Bowling and so on.
    I would realy like see the Avatars return on Xbox One and this time around made more use of then to just stand there in my profile and look cute.

[Mod edit: This idea was combined with similar posts from arthurmurden, dhx stm, Jurny and +JACKOFBLADES298, who suggested a social app for Avatars.Thanks, everyone!]

5,667 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

256 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Kinect Face Scan to make your Avatar!

Would be cool to have your Avatar look similar to you.Look how Kinect Sport Rivals did it. Doesn't have to be perfect but would awsome!

4,977 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

96 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back Avatar Awards and free Avatar items

I would like to see avatar awards return for arcade games and full games on Xbox One. I would also like to see the return of free avatar items on the dashboard just like on the Xbox 360. I have downloaded so many free costumes, props, and other avatar items on the 360 dashboard.

4,887 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Physically disabled avatars

Hello, My name is Alexander

I am physically disabled. I love Xbox live, but wish there were at least 2 physically disabled avatar choices for people like me. I feel like this would help people like me to better express themselves with their avatars. I think that having an option for either forearm crutches, or a wheelchair, would be a great addition to your library of avatars.

I would be willing to pay to have an avatar that better represents myself, and I know a lot of other physically disabled people would like this option as well. I know a…

3,516 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Avatar on Xbox One home screen

The ability to have your own personal customized avatar on one of your home screen tabs as this was a great addition to the XBOX 360

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar one by SaS MaKaVeLi. Thanks everyone!]

2,875 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create your own clothes and props

It would be a cool feature if and when they put the avatar system on the Xbox one, that we could create and customize our own clothes. It should not only include jeans and T-shirts, but also; jackets, shorts, polos, wrist bands, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

2,500 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The Avatar Room

The Xbox 360 introduced us to avatars, the Xbox One, although still retaining it does not allow you to see your avatar or those of your friends like on the 360, first I'd like that to be brought back.

Now onto the idea, The Avatar Room. We have avatars, clothes to buy from them, props for them to play with so why not give them their own room?

This app would allow you to have a room for your avatar, customise/personalise it. Allow friends to visit your room, avatar games could be added as a new avatar item, something you…

2,291 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More interactive Avatars

Have the avatars interact with other avatars on your friends list. Maybe give them moods and or personalities that are compatible with your profile.

1,826 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Not to make only human avatars, also elites, or robots, or any other character from any game you have

Not to make only human avatars, also elites, or robots, or any other character from any game you have

1,634 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Avatar Levelling Up!

How about letting your avatar build power-ups and level up like in an RPG game? Maybe, even create an RPG with avatars? The avatar stats would be maintained in the cloud, so you could play on other consoles. I need a level 60 "Megatron63" right now!

1,623 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Avatars with Gold Program to Include Specific Items and Deals

Avatars are returning to the Xbox One. Why not give Gold members some stuff for the Avatars for free or a lower Price to celebrate that.

1,282 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More games using Avatars in some noticeable way or another

Much like the avatar hanging from the car mirror in Dirt 3

1,216 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Avatar Packs: I don't want to buy a bunch of little things, I want packs with lots of things.

I don't want to buy a bunch of little things, I want packs with lots of things. Themes, Item Types, etc. Please!

920 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Customized Avatar Background

I would like to be able to import/save/use my own background for the avatar gamer pic.

864 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Avatar actions should represent what kind of game is being played

Soccer-Avatar plays soccer
    Scary game-Avatar is running away from zombies
    FPS-Avatar shoot a gun

[Mod edit: Title changed from "When your friend plays a basketball game, their Avatar should play basketball."]

840 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Save specific Avatar costumes on Xbox One just like on Xbox 360!

You have to keep changing it by actually going to the clothes again and again.

839 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. All Avatar items wearable by everyone

My issue today is the sexism in the marketplace. i recently created an Xbox account and placed 25$ in the account. I purchased a couple games and had money left over, so I decided to buy some avatar costumes. I logged into my husbands account (with his permission of course) because he is a gold holder, and i am not. while browsing some props and costumes, i came across a few i really liked. (a jack skelington costume and a zero dog prop.) i decided to purchase them with my remaining funds, so i logged into my own personal account…

709 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 537 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Avatars and Achievements Combined Notification

I Think they should combine the avatar sytem with the achievement pop up so when we get a pop up the avatar is holding the board and being a disable button if players dont find it amusing.

417 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Avatar as the visual representation of Cortana

I'm not sure if this is a good or bad idea, but I feel at the moment the avatars don't really have a place on Xbox one. I think it would be a good idea to use them as the face of the voice recognission from connect. In the avatar customisation section there could be a voice/ language selection so they could act like xboxs equivalent to your phones cortana or apples siri

385 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other Avatar Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base