Find ideas on how we can improve your Avatar experience

The Avatar Room

The Xbox 360 introduced us to avatars, the Xbox One, although still retaining it does not allow you to see your avatar or those of your friends like on the 360, first I'd like that to be brought back.

Now onto the idea, The Avatar Room. We have avatars, clothes to buy from them, props for them to play with so why not give them their own room?

This app would allow you to have a room for your avatar, customise/personalise it. Allow friends to visit your room, avatar games could be added as a new avatar item, something you can play with your friends that are in your room, or if you go to theirs.

Another idea I had was to be able to pin those hard earned achievements to your profile but if that isn't possible they could also be added to the avatar room, an item that could come with the room or purchasable for a small fee, would give the player the ability to have an Achievement wall within their own avatar room.

There are probably a lot more that could be done with this idea if any of you that read this like the idea and have any additional thoughts on it leave a comment! :D

2,288 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ElvenBlossom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CruderChain637 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to use this medium to thank Engr Michael for making me rich today with the help of his Blank ATM Card, my life i have been wondering how to make it in life, i tried hard to make sure I'm rich, no friends could help and my parents are poor, i tried hard, i went online guestbook to make a research on how to make money along the line i saw many comment with different people which Engineer Michael has help with his blank ATM card, they where thanking him so i gave him a try by texting him through phone number they provided, he replied and ask me what do i need the card for i explained to him so he gave me procedure which i obey and follow, he prepare the card and send it to through UPS within 4 days i got my card with my pin i was so happy i tried it in many ATM machine it work very fine, today i'm rich and i own a shop now. i have fully recommend Michael Blank ATM Card to everyone who want to be rich, Because i promise to tell the world about him, please feel free to text or email him, he will help you he is a good man. Please tell him i shared his Great work help for you. text him +18508008129, micharelatmhacker@gmail.com. God bless you Michael.

• HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be something that they tied to the party system, so when you join a party, your avatar enters the host's avatar room.

• Patriot141 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So similar to the PS3s PlayStation Home. I loved that on my PS3 and I think Microsoft has a great opportunity since Avatars are a key part of Xbox

• Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would improve the avatar program and make it a more desired part of the overall experience.

• pTyros commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it's good idea like the second life avatar idea and the avatar room can be an avatar house

• Nich2440 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Playstation Home was a good idea but there wasnt much to do. All it was for was walking around. But imagine the potential now. Watching your actual movies/shows from a TV prop or theater is a prime example.

• ACraftyApe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Something like Playstation Home would be cool. And hey, they could fill it with adverts.

However, I want them to update the avatars. I think they're way outdated.

• MarkusFogg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's a great idea! When i bought my One, i was hoping that they would expand the Avatar world by adding stuff instead of removing almost all features related to avatars. The room idea is really cool and i hate to compare to the Playstation but on PS3 they had the Playstation Home where you could do all sort of things using your ''avatar'' like buy clothes, play games, be a DJ, dance, even work in a bar. I thought this was really cool as some kind of a ''3D chat/virtual world) but having something like this on One would give a point of having avatars. I really like avatars but please, do something with them or remove them completely to make room for something else.

• Danny Buttermen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely hate avatars, they are extremely similar to Nintendos "Mii's" and to be frank, those make the system look like they are geared towards 10 year olds.

I know some of yall love them, but I just hope that they dont force us all to use avatars again. That and Advertisements/Featured section are the absolute worst things I dislike about the One. (Other than being significantly weaker than PS4)

• Ra Drumba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love this idea if they added an addition of your own clan room for your avatar. Witch People can edit their own part of the room, But can't edited your friend rooms. Also if they want to do this I say they needed a clan/group hub for the xbox one friends list first. But this is a great idea for some people, Hope they don't put too much adds like they did with playstation.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base