Find ideas on how we can improve your Avatar experience

Bring back Avatar Awards and free Avatar items

I would like to see avatar awards return for arcade games and full games on Xbox One. I would also like to see the return of free avatar items on the dashboard just like on the Xbox 360. I have downloaded so many free costumes, props, and other avatar items on the 360 dashboard.

4,875 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sky Wolf 606 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

80 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MR CANADIAN 93 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Avatars are a hidden feature for Xbox these days. If every new game coming out had avatar awards that were earned by conpleting a certain task, that is incentive for people to buy the game for exlcusive stuff, it's incentive to get cool looking avatars, and this will boost avatar customization by the people, and while people are customizing their avatar don't you think they will be included to buy more stuff for their avatar while searching the store for the items they have unlocked?

• qmagnet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the NXE came out, Avatars were on full display. People loved showing off their stuff to their friends. And lots of people even purchased digital clothes. This all changed when the Metro design was rolled out. Microsoft shot themself in the foot. At this point, people aren't doing the Avatar stuff simply because Xbox changes their design so we don't really get to show off our stuff. In order for Avatar items to come back, I feel xbox would need an OS redesign that puts the little characters on display. NXE was a very cool update but Metro just ruined it.

• TheCMHammond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to collect so many avatar items and backgrounds from watching ads on the Xbox 360 dashboard, it was great.

I had completely forgotten about avatar awards since I upgraded to an Xbox One, those were amazing too. Exclusive items only available through playing the game, they pretty much showed how much joy enjoyed a game also. Portal 2 had some great ones.

This really needs to come back.

• SpartanC90 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At LEAST give us back our old items from the Xbox360! -.-
    This is like ripping off your gamescore, just because you earned it on the 360, not the Xbox One.
    MS you are the underdog in this console war. You better start getting great! Do things PS4 does not. Be the good guy.

• street2234 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the death of darksiders 2 skin for my avatar but for what,i cant see it in my dashboard its just a shame bring them back completely.

• Sandalphon1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

getting free stuff for ur avatar was a nice plus while enjoying a game. my fav was the swine and bovine mask

• efb1995 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BRING THEM BACK! I LOVE COLLECTING AVATAR AWARDS!

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base