Xbox App on Windows 10

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the Xbox App available through Windows 10. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how the app works and functionality for features like game streaming, Facebook integration, the store, etc.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox App on Windows 10 forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Adjust game and party chat audio output in Xbox App to allow for use of headset and speakers

There should be more audio options to allow for customization of how the audio playback works. like having game playback through speakers and party/game chat through the headset.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "the gamechat, and xbox audio shouldn't playback through the mono headset when game streaming."]

62 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Windows 10 TV App

This is likely going to be developed into Windows 10 in the future however it is reasonable to recommend early on. It would be a very unique feature to allow the Windows 10 computer to access the Xbox one as a client and be served the information coming from the cable box connected to the console. Basically a stream of the existing TV app on the Xbox One. This essentially would allow a user at a windows 10 pc to connect to his/her console on the network and watch tv from their computer. With more and more homes becoming aware…

61 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to disable the Suggested Friends section in the Xbox App

On the Xbox app, I constantly see myself hitting the 'X' to close the suggested friends section. It's not a big deal, but I would like to see the option to stop displaying it.

57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Manually assign controller numbers

My Xbox One Elite controller gets pushed back in the controller cue as soon as some Xbox 360 controllers are connected. It would be great, if there was a way to assing the controller numbers manually. Or at least to avoid that the Xbox One controller gets moved behind the 360 controllers. I'd like to be the Elite controller my primary game controller, when more than one controller is connected. It would also help, if there was a way to change the controller groups, so that Xbox One Controllers always take the first spots (or the other way round, if…

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Windows Record That" to record gameplay on PC

On PC let us use an enabled mic to record the last 30 secs of gameplay using a voice command just like with Xbox One and Kinect. This could also be "Cortana Record That", in addition all voice commands could be brought over to Windows like "snap friends" "un-snap" etc

This is easier than hitting "Windows Key + G" to record as the windows key is disabled by some games or the user might have mapped "G" to some other custom function

52 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Big Picture Mode for Windows 10

Add a Big Picture Mode to Windows 10, that can be controlled with a Xbox Controller and in that you can boot directly.

50 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Virtual Keyboard Support for Xbox App When Using Controller

Would be really useful for people like me who play their PC games on TV. Make app more gamepad friendly in general.

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't lose control of Xbox App in windowed mode

Detect joystick input when app is not focused app

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Pin Achievements in Windows 10 Xbox App

Would love the ability to track and tag achievements on my phone or other device. A good start would be the ability to "pin" achievements in the Xbox app for Windows 10.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Enhanced achievement tracking across devices."]

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Assign different keyboard commands to Xbox One Elite Controller paddles

In the windows 10 Xbox accessories App, instead of being able to assign any button on the controller to the paddles it would be ace if i could also combine keyboard commands to the paddles as if they were an independent key/button.

33 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide driver support for Xbox One fight sticks on Windows 10

Currently due to a known driver issue, Windows 10 does not support XBox One fight sticks. This is very frustrating that we are unable to use MS approved gear on our Windows 10 PC's

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom game installation directory configurable in Xbox App

Should be able to create a custom game installation directory within Xbox App such as is allowed on Steam, Origin, Uplay, and GOG. My C: drive is very full and I am currently unable to buy any games because of this limitation of where I can install to. The uninstall or move option is greyed out for the Xbox app as well. I found a powershell command that deletes the xbox app but I would prefer not to use a command line.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Game DVR: Full Desktop Recording Option

Expanding Game DVR to a full fledged desktop recording solution would be great. As for now, its outstanding quality and performance is already superior to all the expensive screen recording solutions out there, that it could become the major tool for all screen recordings, if it was simply not limited to a game or app but would (optinally) record anything that is happening on your screen.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Xbox one on Windows support for steering wheel and controller accessories headset/keyboard

Driver support for Microsoft Xbox headsets when plugged into an Xbox one controller paired with Windows 10 Xbox app. Forza 6 thrustmaster steering wheel "support" via usb 2.0 plugged directly into Windows 10 PC. Currently there's no support for PC pairing within the Xbox app. I use my laptop to stream Xbox one to my 42" tv in another room.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to translate messages within the Xbox app on Windows 10

to translate messages we receive in order to communicate more easily and make friends in any language

[Mod edit: Changed title from "message translation" to better reflect this idea. Thanks!]

24 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to balance game/chat audio using Stereo Headset adapter when streaming to PC

It doesn't work... You can only adjust the volume using the adapter, but not balance between chat and game. Need an udpate!

22 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show users' online statuses on PC to Xbox Live users via the console

That would be great if Xbox players can see what PC users are up to while they are signed in on their PCs.

21 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base