Xbox App on Windows 10

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the Xbox App available through Windows 10. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how the app works and functionality for features like game streaming, Facebook integration, the store, etc.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox App on Windows 10 forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Let us change recording FPS on Game DVR

Some people like to record 60 fps other 30.This is the kind of change that would make people take xbox dxr seriously as a recording tool.

169 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Original Xbox Emulator for Windows 10 Xbox App

I think it would be great if Microsoft could develop an official Xbox emulator for Windows. If they made an add free emulator that ran well I would be more than happy to purchase it. Who agrees?

152 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Transfer Games for Windows Live games over to Windows 10

Make GFWL-games work natively with Xbox on Windows 10.
    Example: Let me accept/send game invites to a match in Halo 2 by answering a Notification. It would be great if you don't have to be in-game to Accept either.

PS: Maybe you could make it possible to buy GFWL-games through the Windows 10 Store.

145 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Steering Wheel Support through Windows 10

I recently had a conversation with a support member on twitter on how some peripherals could be used. In the future id love to see some extra support. When i was talking with "^MP" I was asking about support of pc steering wheels. Myself am a big racing fan and sadly cannot afford a big expensive wheel. I have been looking for a driving force gt wheel compatible with pc. I thought it would be awesome for support of this wheel and a lot of popular wheels in general as it would help some of us who cant fork out…

141 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. QR Code Scan for Xbox App

What's up Xbox, when I buy anything on Xbox live, like games or DLC, etc. I use Xbox gift cards and when I buy them and redeem them it would be awesome to have a QR Code scan for the Xbox app on smartphones. I dont mind putting in the code when I am on the Xbox itself, but it would be awesome a code scan for the app, thanks!

135 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Play a game on Xbox One and stream another one to Windows 10 Xbox App

If you go with this idea many people will move to xbox rather than PS4.

The idea is as follow:

There will be:
    -one xbox one console
    -one or more windows 10 PCs
    -one or more xbox live accounts

The user with "my xbox home" account will lunch xbox one and sign in and play with game 1, another user 2 will play another game on windows 10 streaming from xbox one. If there are more users they can stream from from xbox one and everyone of them will sign in to his account on windows 10 and will stream…

125 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Direct connect your Xbox One to a Windows 10 Device via Ethernet Bridge

I would LOVE to see a way to just connect an ethernet cable between an Xbox One and a Windows 10 PC / Laptop without a router and 'stream' an Xbox One Console like that.

So, one end of the ethernet cable goes into the Xbox One Console and the other end of the cable goes into the WIndows 10 PC / Laptop. No router, no interference of any other apps / down- or uploads.

Direct connection: 100% quality !

125 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Integrate the Xbox Dashboard into Windows 10

Have the Xbox One Dashboard work with PC. (This includes controller support for apps like Hulu). This would end the Steam Machines and I really want this feature. I have been requesting it since the feedback opened.

118 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share the desktop background, theme, colour, etc. between devices

As Windows 10 is going to be one platform, it would be great to allow the users to have the option to use their theme colour, transparency, patterns, and desktop backgrounds to be used across all devices using Windows 10.

112 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Share Game Clips to Facebook via the Xbox App

I know you can share items through the Xbox One itself and that's great. However, I would like to see the ability to share items to Twitter via the PC/Mobile. It'll make things a bit easier.

110 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide Windows Drivers for the Xbox One Headset Adapter

Provide Drivers for the Xbox One Headset Adapter and Xbox One Stereo Headset so it can be used on Windows.

106 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow third party controllers/wheels when game streaming

When streaming xbox games to pc's using win 10, allow players to use third party controllers and racing wheels on said pc. I guess a better solution to this would be the official support of third party controllers/wheels directly to the xbox one; but this will be an excellent alternative.! Tell me your thoughts on this idea below.

90 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Game DVR: Record games in fullscreen that are not supported

Let us gamers record other games in fullscreen that are not supported.

84 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Play Xbox 360 games on PC

Also conecting your xbox controller to your pc would also be good

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Make you play xbox 360 games on your windows ten. Now it is only compatiable with xbox 1" to clarify that the idea is to be able to play Xbox 360 games directly from the PC without streaming from the Xbox One.]

84 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Xbox App Overlay when Streaming

overlay during the game, just like there is in others popular client on the pc, this makes a lot of missing in the xbox app.

83 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Xbox App: allow launching of non-platform games such as Steam games

Xbox app: allow launching of non-platform games such as Steam games this means from with in the Xbox app you can open steam games, origin games and other non Xbox games

80 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Stream just the Audio - So we can play it through any speaker!

As we all know, the Xbox One doesn't support many speakers.

However, computers support pretty much all of them.

Streaming just audio doesn't have much latency, so this is a feasible idea.

My PC has a full speaker set-up, and I'd love to be able to play my games audio through it, so that I am not using my monitors built-in speakers.

Please can you give us the option to just stream audio, too? :)

80 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Game Hubs more prominent in the Xbox App by adding a tab

I think it would be nice to have a tab for itself on the left side on the xbox app for the games you follow. That would make more sense and be easier to discover the game hubs, instead of going into achievements to find it.

77 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow users to view purchase history via Xbox app

This applies to xbox/windows as a whole. Can you implement a method so that users can view their games purchase history via the Xbox app rather than navigating to a website to get this information. Its rather counter intuitive to be able to purchase via app but then not be able to see what was purchased/when it was purchased and via what payment method. Its also annoying as you have to login to the site when the user was logged into the app.

76 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add save game management to Xbox App

How come the Xbox app on Win 10 and Win Mobile 10 cannot manage save files? Is there any chance this feature could be added? Lack of it makes the apps look rather unfinished.

73 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base