Xbox App on Windows 10

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the Xbox App available through Windows 10. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how the app works and functionality for features like game streaming, Facebook integration, the store, etc.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox App on Windows 10 forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Make the Xbox App show your full Xbox Library

Make a new area where we can see all of our games. Separate it by plataform, like:

- Xbox 360 games
    - Xbox One games
    - PC games
    - All

Even if you can just do it for digital games, do it!

1,748 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to turn off suggested friends from the Xbox App on Windows 10

Please can we have the ability to turn off the suggested "social" elements that go beyond my friends list.

This includes

"Suggestions" - Guide/Friends & clubs
    "Suggested for you" - Community/Activity Feed
    "Popular now" - Community/Activity Feed
    Adverts for feeds on the right hand side of the - Community/clubs and trending
    Auto follow of purchased and played games - Community/Activity feed

I understand people appreciate these features and use them but I don't and never have.

The suggestions show people I have removed from my friends lists and a selection of random people that I share nothing in common with…

1,086 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The ability to invite Players to the Xbox Preview Program via the Xbox App

It would be a great idea to implement the option to invite players to the Preview Program, via the Xbox App.

This saves the hassle of having to switch on my console just to invite friends to the program (as I receive their requests via the app).

619 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Xbox Snap to Windows 10 Device

Xbox Snap to Device Idea by @BAMrin

It would be nice, if we can snap an App to any Windows 10 Device in the local Network. Picture here: http://www.xboxdynasty.de/Xbox-One/screenshot,Xbox-One,88085.html

Instead of using the Xbox One Screen and make it smaller, why not use a 2nd Screen in the Network? Maybe a Tablet or Laptop. So you can say "Xbox Snap Twitch to Tablet" and the App will be snapped to the Device with all functions. And on top, a friend can use Twitch/Chat while you concentrate on playing.

Phil Spencer and Mike Ybarra just said it's possible and a cool…

591 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use the classic Achievement popping sound on Windows 10 Xbox Games

It's great that you're bringing Xbox gaming to the Windows 10 Store. I've enjoyed playing Xbox games like Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, Project Spark, and Halo: Spartan Strike on my Windows 10 PC. However, I noticed that, unlike Xbox on all other platforms (Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox on Windows 8, Xbox on Windows Phone 8), the classic 'bah-doop' sound that plays when an achievement pops is not on Windows 10. Instead, it's a generic sound effect that is used for all other notifications on Windows 10 too. Please replace it with the classic Xbox achievement popping sound--it's the most…

581 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give us Windows 10 enabled modding on the Xbox One

I love that you guys are starting to integrate Windows 10 and Xbox. You have a huge opportunity to allow the PC and Xbox communities to mix in terms of modding. Something Xbox gamers (and console gamers in general) have been wanting for years is the ability to install mods onto their Xbox games. This capability would be a massive selling point. All consoles can claim certain hardware advantage, certain exclusives, and certain other miscellaneous benefits -- no console can claim access to mods. Obviously there are issues of compatibility, but I'm positive you guys are up for the challenge.…

526 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 481 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Xbox App on Windows 10 to Work Offline

When the internet connection goes down, I can no longer login to Xbox app on Windows 10. I cannot connect to my local Xbox One, I cannot Stream, I cannot see Achievements.

This is a big problem for people who like to travel with their Xbox, please fix this.

389 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring Xbox One Dashboard to Windows 10

Update Windows 10 Xbox App user interface to be exactly like Xbox One's dashboard. Steam has BigPicture mode, Windows 10 has Xbox Dashboard mode!

332 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Build the NXOE (New Xbox One Experience) into the Xbox App as a "console" mode for PC players

As an avid PC gamer iv'e become very familiar with Steam and it's services, however, their lack of support is going to be their downfall. Steam's Big Picture Mode is a VERY handy feature for those of use with our PCs on big screen TV sets, but they seem to be ignoring request for simple features like backgrounds or color changes. If the Xbox team could render BPM useless by creating a nice Xbox(like) interface into the app with full controller support, resolution and ratio support (4k, 3440/2560x1440, 16:9,17:9,21:9, etc), ability to play our local music AND videos or movies,…

217 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Windows 10 Xbox App Party Sound Input and Output Settings

Allow us to select the input and output settings on the Xbox App. This is mainly for party chat. For those of us who use multiple sound cards and a mixer cannot split out the sound and the party members hear themselves talking. Allowing us to select the input and output like other chat clients (ex. Skype) would be great!!!

205 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. QR Code Scan for Xbox App

What's up Xbox, when I buy anything on Xbox live, like games or DLC, etc. I use Xbox gift cards and when I buy them and redeem them it would be awesome to have a QR Code scan for the Xbox app on smartphones. I dont mind putting in the code when I am on the Xbox itself, but it would be awesome a code scan for the app, thanks!

135 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Share the desktop background, theme, colour, etc. between devices

As Windows 10 is going to be one platform, it would be great to allow the users to have the option to use their theme colour, transparency, patterns, and desktop backgrounds to be used across all devices using Windows 10.

112 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Share Game Clips to Facebook via the Xbox App

I know you can share items through the Xbox One itself and that's great. However, I would like to see the ability to share items to Twitter via the PC/Mobile. It'll make things a bit easier.

110 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Xbox App: allow launching of non-platform games such as Steam games

Xbox app: allow launching of non-platform games such as Steam games this means from with in the Xbox app you can open steam games, origin games and other non Xbox games

80 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make Game Hubs more prominent in the Xbox App by adding a tab

I think it would be nice to have a tab for itself on the left side on the xbox app for the games you follow. That would make more sense and be easier to discover the game hubs, instead of going into achievements to find it.

77 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow users to view purchase history via Xbox app

This applies to xbox/windows as a whole. Can you implement a method so that users can view their games purchase history via the Xbox app rather than navigating to a website to get this information. Its rather counter intuitive to be able to purchase via app but then not be able to see what was purchased/when it was purchased and via what payment method. Its also annoying as you have to login to the site when the user was logged into the app.

76 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add save game management to Xbox App

How come the Xbox app on Win 10 and Win Mobile 10 cannot manage save files? Is there any chance this feature could be added? Lack of it makes the apps look rather unfinished.

73 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adjust game and party chat audio output in Xbox App to allow for use of headset and speakers

There should be more audio options to allow for customization of how the audio playback works. like having game playback through speakers and party/game chat through the headset.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "the gamechat, and xbox audio shouldn't playback through the mono headset when game streaming."]

62 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to disable the Suggested Friends section in the Xbox App

On the Xbox app, I constantly see myself hitting the 'X' to close the suggested friends section. It's not a big deal, but I would like to see the option to stop displaying it.

57 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base