Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

Powering on Xbox One through Xbox app for streaming should not turn on TV

I set my xbox to turn my TV and Cable when i turned it on, but when i want just to stream my gameplay, it turn the TV on too! It would be great if when we would turn our Xbox on through the app we could choose if we wanted to turn the TV on too.

[Mod edit: The original title was changed from "Turning on the Xbox One for streaming through the Xbox app without turning the TV on too" to the title above.]

463 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

x boymac shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

86 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • STEF52 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hard to believe this still hasn't been fixed. Do the people working on the Xbox actually use the system in their homes?

• WtHockey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like such an obvious requirement, I'm quite surprised they didn't think about this from the start.

• STEF52 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two years later and still nothing. In fact now it seems the ability to lower the volume on the main system is gone.

• yodandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just started streaming and was very excited to get it going, unfortunately this bug kills it for me. With a projector hooked up to the XB1 I'm destroying it by turning it on and off every time I need this.

• TheQuestorZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, needs to be an option.. I have the Hauppauge TV USB unit and would like to view from remote via XBOX Android/iOS app without TV, DirecTV and Audio Receiver turning on like from the remote/controller which I do want normally, but not for the mobile apps.

• ROMPHF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please make this an option.

When activated by Xbox App, Do not power toggle TV, Audio or Cable box [ X ]

• Eraldoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An option, or a quick little overflow menu allowing three options: "Console only, TV and Console, All equipment" would be ideal. It's stupid turning on my TV 99/100 times I'm using game streaming

• IRB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An option to turn on console only, or full power on would be good.

• Absolute Zero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this still not fixed yet?

It's so annoying. It almost kills the streaming feature for me because it takes all of the convenience away for me of just starting it up remotely and getting a quick game in. My system is in a basement hooked up to a surround system and I hear it through the floor if I do not go down to turn the projector and receiver off...

• Stewartiee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is more a bug than a new feature. It's a very annoying one too. My Xbox is upstairs, and I generally stream downstairs - meaning that when I click on "Stream", I have to run upstairs to turn the TV off.

• evilbyte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, I think this is a must have. Hard to believe this wasn't built from the start.

• nuclearcow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been waiting for them to fix this since they started offering this service. It's awesome to have this as a service, but I never ever use it since it means having to go up stairs and turn my TV off, then go back upstairs later and turn the TV off again when the XBOX shuts down and turns the TV on. This seems like something so obvious it shouldn't even be an issue. I hope they actually fix this as the XB1 is a fantastic platform.

• XEPlushMedal697 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When streaming games to another room the display conected to the Xbox one should automatically show a black screen and the Xbox should only stream to the other display. Make this available as an option.

• JPM1993 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, so annoying to have to go to the other room just to turn it off

• C LOS 80 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually have a slightly different issue in that the OTA tv signal from my Hauppauge tuner will not stream to my windows 10 pc unless the tv the xbox is hooked up to is turned on. Once it's turned on, it can be turned off and will continue to stream. There should be no reason why I should have to turn on the tv to start the TV tuner stream. It doesn't have that issue with game streaming. Anyone else deal with this issue?

• DGR874 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would go a long way towards fixing the snafu over you killing WMC.

• Stf923 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to not have to turn off the TV and receiver when I start the xbox through the windows 10 app.

• robxb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get this done Microsoft! There's no reason the TV in my living room needs to turn on when I'm turning on the Xbox One through the Xbox App in Windows 10! Simply tell the Xbox One to NOT send IR blasts through the Kinect when it's being powered on remotely! It would be incredibly appreciated.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base