Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

Mouse and Keyboard/Joystick Support through Xbox App

It would be fun to have mouse and keyboard and joystick support considering pc and xbox games are now running on the same operating system. It would give gamers an infinite amount of options and make it very dynamic for a hardcore gamer :) I hope someone reads this or has considered.

1,860 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FlufyMrshmllows shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

63 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • GrassyX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keyboard and Mouse are essential for precise control especially when playing FPS. I am amazed that Xbox consoles have not had this ability to date.

• Bogdan1101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved to control Xbox app(windows 10) from my bad and enjoy game with game! Launch game from app.

• HourlongCube90 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of Keyboard and mouse is the only reason I have never purchased a gaming console and is the main reason I only play games on PC.

• slapAndRun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had thought there would be keyboard control in the main menu system at lease, since that works if you plug a keyboard directly into the Xbox. Why wouldn't this be added? It is such a predicable thing that a user would want and it doesn't seem like a huge challenge. I mean if this dude could do it in his spare time (I assume)... https://github.com/fqlx/XboxKeyboardMouse

• shawlyx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"hardcore gamers" have you ever heard of latency? if you were hardcore you wouldn't stream and buy an adapter to play with mouse and keyboard.

• Ludic84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please add this. It's one of the things making me get mass effect on PC instead of Xbox one where I would rather play it.

• Acid Rainman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, just came here to find out why there is no keyboard support (or copy/paste for passwords).

this is the age of strong passwords, ridiculous that we have to enter them with a controller, especially when it is paired to my computer via the xbox app.

• Player541920076 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. I've got Overwatch on my Xbox, and it won't run on my PC and would like to be able to play it using a mouse and keyboard because I prefer it over the controller for FPS.

• itsjarvon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature... This is the only reason I use steam, because of big pictures!!!!!!!!

• rob19841 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this already works with freepie and the xoutput driver i currently have a virtual xbox 360 controller (360 controller works with xbox app in windows 10) via the xoutput software i then run a script in freepie its functional at best. however i still am looking into a way to run my mouse as a joystick through vjoy (another program) as delta y and delta x axis' are not working like a joystick, which cause the mouse aiming to be too choppy to want to play this way all info can be gathered here thanks to dschu012 and Stents on github the first link is from stents click download zip above the files on the right. and the second link is from dschu012 follow his instructions
    https://github.com/Stents-/XOutput
    https://github.com/dschu012/XOutputPlugin
    here is the link to free pie click msi v 1.9629.0 to get the download started
    thanks to Anders Malmgren
    http://andersmalmgren.github.io/FreePIE/
    to get the plugin to work in freepie you must right click on the .dll file and click properties and unblock the .dll otherwise freepie will not run when you try to open it after putting the .dll plugin in the freepie plugin directory
    if anyone can figure out how to improve the mouse aiming please let me know. also if there is away to hide/lock the cursor while playing would be nice.

ive tested this in minecraft and the keyboard works flawlessly. just not the mouse. it runs choppy. i will post more info if ifigure out *** to emulate a joystick for mouse axis

• NosmoRex711 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to just be able to navigate the menus on the Xbox while streaming. That is, let me navigate to apps and games so I can start a download of a game, for example.

• syLnt avi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

complaining that m&k people will own everyone is laughable, if you wish, you can buy a converter any time and there are a sea of nerds using them as we speak..is it fair? Good question! Let's delve into this, I've been playing fighting games competitively for almost a decade, now the Xbox 360 joystick and directional pad are inconsistent and fragile at best. Some people will tell you to buy an arcade stick which can cost you a pretty penny, I however chose to use an afterglow controller.. the d-pad is exponentially better, thus allowing me to preform my combos with the utmost precision. Execution is it pivotal part in fighting games its analogous to being able to get headshots in shooters.. the precision grants you an edge to outplay your opponent. Recently I purchased fighting game for my xbox one known as Dead or Alive 5 last round, I own the game for the 360 and I could perform everything in the game in my sleep ... however the Xbox one directional pad is atrocious! Something that I am able to do hundred percent of the time I'm lucky to do one third of the time with the D pad on the Xbox one , I asked around as to why this might be and the best answer I got was they didn't prioritize the d-pad for fighting games meaning if you wanted to hit in the center of right and down for a diagonal input you would simply get a random board or down or sometimes diagonal if I was lucky. So how was I supposed to compete with controller that was inconsistent? I could buy a converter which cost money and his friend upon or I can buy an expensive arcade stick or I can buy the new elite controller for 150$ bucks which the d pad still might not work as well as it should for fighting games.. bummer.. moving on, Counter Strike go for the 360 and Xbox one heray right! Turns out the dead zones are calibrated so wonkey that the learning curve becoming a top player is ridiculous. They even ad aim assist to help you out because they know how ridiculously hard it is pain but why? Call of Duty battlefield halo all these games rely heavily on aim assist... that kind of slow magnetic cling your aimer has ... if we were allowed to calibrate are joysticks by setting our own dead zones and horizontal/vertical sensitivity then this would create an unfair advantage to those who don't understand it or are unable to utilize it... so the intentionally give us clunky aiming on "some games" to make it more fair.. some games stack aim down sites (makes aim slower/easyer to place your reticle on target)+ aim assist( magnetizing to whoever's in the reticle)+ in game perks that increase target acquisition, so you don't even have to have good aim.. in a shooter... I myself play on the console more than PC and have spent countless hours honing my FPS skills and personally would love to be able to challenge keyboard and mouse players. It will only make the console gamers better and hopefully get the attention of the game developers, letting them know that we should be allowed more customization for our sensitivity auto aim and dead zones to compete. Now of course there should be segregated rooms or if you are using a keyboard and mouse it will show in your profile somewhere and the games will allow you to ban or remove these people so you can play with whomever you like and matchmaking should also follow suit. I've personally been waiting for what feels like forever to go head up with these so called Elite keyboard and mouse people and shoot them right in the face. Just remember if you fight against this that means you're happy to play games where they come down the aiming so much that the game is doing most of the work

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base