Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

Mouse and Keyboard/Joystick Support through Xbox App

It would be fun to have mouse and keyboard and joystick support considering pc and xbox games are now running on the same operating system. It would give gamers an infinite amount of options and make it very dynamic for a hardcore gamer :) I hope someone reads this or has considered.

1,938 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FlufyMrshmllows shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • skyrimmaster00 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I would love Microsoft to do this! So many more groups of gamers can use what they are most comfortable with.

• TeenyWord125 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You got to be a total moron NOT to want it. It opens up the door for everyone.
    SomeJACK--s calls themself a hardcore gamer and of course doesn't want keyboard and mouse control for others who may not have the luxury to be home day and night playing games.
    The console wasn't made just for a certain few.
    That's the type of thinking from 100 years ago.
    One way for all and that it Please.
    That's like saying a guy who had his thumb amputated should not be allowed to play because he can't use the joystick on the controller.
    OH WELL PEOPLE WHO USE WHEELCHAIRS , GET UP AND WALK , YOUR CHEATING.

• GrassyX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keyboard and Mouse are essential for precise control especially when playing FPS. I am amazed that Xbox consoles have not had this ability to date.

• Bogdan1101 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I loved to control Xbox app(windows 10) from my bad and enjoy game with game! Launch game from app.

• HourlongCube90 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of Keyboard and mouse is the only reason I have never purchased a gaming console and is the main reason I only play games on PC.

• slapAndRun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had thought there would be keyboard control in the main menu system at lease, since that works if you plug a keyboard directly into the Xbox. Why wouldn't this be added? It is such a predicable thing that a user would want and it doesn't seem like a huge challenge. I mean if this dude could do it in his spare time (I assume)... https://github.com/fqlx/XboxKeyboardMouse

• shawlyx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"hardcore gamers" have you ever heard of latency? if you were hardcore you wouldn't stream and buy an adapter to play with mouse and keyboard.

• Ludic84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please add this. It's one of the things making me get mass effect on PC instead of Xbox one where I would rather play it.

• Acid Rainman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, just came here to find out why there is no keyboard support (or copy/paste for passwords).

this is the age of strong passwords, ridiculous that we have to enter them with a controller, especially when it is paired to my computer via the xbox app.

• Player541920076 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. I've got Overwatch on my Xbox, and it won't run on my PC and would like to be able to play it using a mouse and keyboard because I prefer it over the controller for FPS.

• itsjarvon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature... This is the only reason I use steam, because of big pictures!!!!!!!!

• rob19841 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this already works with freepie and the xoutput driver i currently have a virtual xbox 360 controller (360 controller works with xbox app in windows 10) via the xoutput software i then run a script in freepie its functional at best. however i still am looking into a way to run my mouse as a joystick through vjoy (another program) as delta y and delta x axis' are not working like a joystick, which cause the mouse aiming to be too choppy to want to play this way all info can be gathered here thanks to dschu012 and Stents on github the first link is from stents click download zip above the files on the right. and the second link is from dschu012 follow his instructions
    https://github.com/Stents-/XOutput
    https://github.com/dschu012/XOutputPlugin
    here is the link to free pie click msi v 1.9629.0 to get the download started
    thanks to Anders Malmgren
    http://andersmalmgren.github.io/FreePIE/
    to get the plugin to work in freepie you must right click on the .dll file and click properties and unblock the .dll otherwise freepie will not run when you try to open it after putting the .dll plugin in the freepie plugin directory
    if anyone can figure out how to improve the mouse aiming please let me know. also if there is away to hide/lock the cursor while playing would be nice.

ive tested this in minecraft and the keyboard works flawlessly. just not the mouse. it runs choppy. i will post more info if ifigure out *** to emulate a joystick for mouse axis

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base