Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

Xbox 360 Emulator

Xbox 360 Emulator for digital downloaded Xbox 360 games. Xbox team had mention their intention to move away from re-mastering games for Xbox One however what about console exclusives we cannot play on the PC like EA SKATE?

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from Nightstalker524. Thanks, everyone!]

1,533 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Policjant Husky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • IcyKrax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesss I'd love an Xbox 360 emulator for PC , especially since there is one for Xbox one , that would be great

• Mikke819 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah RED DEAD REDEMPTION and GEARS OF WAR 3 On Windows 10 Baby lest do it :D

• CaptainMyron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. The emulator already exists for the uwp, hopefully a port will come soon for win10. That would be a great way to support the store and those of use that like the xbox branding on pc.

Microsoft already has a huge server full of xbox original and xbox 360 exclusive titles, if us win10 users could use an official emulator and buy these exclusive console games through xbox live that would seem like true commitment to the pc platform. It would be a missed oportunity otherwise. That's the way to win the heart and mind of the pc gamer Microsoft. Well that and maybe an Age of Empires game

• DonChanSan1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If *Microsoft doesn't do this, it will be a missed opportunity. The revenue from the 360 is practically non-existent for *Microsoft now. This idea could reinvigorate a supplemental revenue stream, requiring virtually no costs. The free emu community is already working towards an emulator, and once a working free emulator is complete, no one will care about M$'s current half-hearted efforts of 360 streaming through the XBONE. *Microsoft needs to quickly:
    1- Develop an XBOX 360 emulator for Windows 10.
    2- Allow the emulator to adjust resolution and detail effects of 360 games on PC.
    3- Make the 360 emulator available in the XBox store as a app (fee).
    4- Port all 360 games to the XBox store for purchase, DL, and play on the PC emulator (per game fee).
    5- Also allow the 360 emulator to play pre-owned 360 game discs through PC DVD drives. (can charge for DL content for disc games that have it).
    6- Allow user to rip/upload pre-owned game discs securely to their "OneDrive" and integrate with their 360 game library in the app.

Basically, just take 2 working models (Steam and Console Emulation on PC) and monetize it for *Microsoft stuff. Boom! Everybody's happy.

• Lord Phoenix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well Microsoft has the distribution platform that so far has eluded piracy to most extents with the windows 10 app store, It could help to push said store if you could buy Xbox360 games on it with an emulator (probably make the emulator cost money). This would make more people actually consider the store as serious.

• xXR4G3xTR0LLXx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote to have XBOX 360 Emulator to Windows 10 XBOX Live! after you read this please Vote! it will help the community!

• xXR4G3xTR0LLXx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Need to integrate XBOX 360 Emulator just like XBOX ONE Did, I know it should be possible, why not?! XBOX One CPU is x86 or 32bit architecture so why the heck not Microsoft? if Microsoft did integrate the Emulator to Windows 10 XBOX Live, it would be awesome!

• beer2mouth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Release digital versions of 360 games in the Xbox store. Upscale and framerate options would be icing on the cake.

Sony's emulator upscales to 1080p and has trophy support and increases the framerate. I would love to see a 360 emulator support 1440p or 1440p ultrawide with enhanced framerate.

• CLPHD1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You would be able to download already purchased 360 games like you can with the Xbox one backward s compatibility feature. Physical copies would also work you just pop in the disc and your ready to go. It would be free. Support Xbox live multiplayer on certain games e.g on fps like black ops.

• killertony35 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will the opportunity to play games for the xbox 360 on a PC equipped with an operating system like windows 7 ????
    Thank you for your answers ;)

• a gr8 ape commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seeing that no one touched on the repercussions of a 360 emulator, I will give it my best shot.

Emulation for a while has been frowned upon from the publishers of games for some time. Emulation is some how coterminous with pirate, somehow.

Personally, I have always viewed and still view emulation as a great sales mechanism for these money hungry, don't care about the gamer publishers. Now that Steam and other digital content providers along with the technologies (that have been providing authorization mechanisms for legal, hardcore gamers) have been around a while and a proven source of income, emulation should be an absolute no-brainer.

This is a HUGE, sales opportunity for the publishers to rake in additional revenue, by re-releasing old titles via an emulation mechanism for consoles. Sure, charge us, but much, MUCH less, for the games that we love to play on the systems we love to play them on... legally.

We are seeing re releases of the final fantasy series and KOTOR on android. Why not provide an XB one app, which emulates x86 PCs (dosbox for xbox?) and then provide the games via download in a controlled delivery method.

I say that if the publishers don't want to permit emulations for legal reasons or whatever other BS reason, ban them from xbox and provide the following:

1. Advise publishers the xbox 360 will be coming to a PC near you as a software based solution for xbox one and Win 10+.
    2. advise publishers that if they will still receive their $$ on new games sold through xblive store or retailers.
    3. Build A full emulator of the xb360 (at the least) so we can play our 360 disks and possibly the original xb games on the xb one AND PC.
    4. MS to fully take over the market

I dare say Apple did #4 by controlling what they do and essentially saying this is how it is going to be done (think apple phone updates... controlled by apple and not VZ) and if you don't like it, too bad. Those that want to be involved with emulation will be involved with emulation and will likely profit from it, tremendously.

Thanks,

BTW MS, if you want more ideas to fully take over the market, you know where to find me.

• Cpt Mold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that pretty much all's said and done with a complete emulation from Xbox 360 to the One, now running a modified version of Windows 10, can we see a similar emulator for PC? I've got a whole shelf collecting dust, and being able to finally play GoW 3 on my platform of choice would be amazing.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base