Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

Stream Xbox One games on Windows 10 while a family or friend could still use the same Xbox One for apps like Miracast or Netflix

i would love if you guys (Microsoft) could multitask the same Xbox one being streamed to play Xbox one games while other family member or friend could watch apps or TV even use apps like miracast to stream their device all at the same time it would make it the Xbox one and windows 10 the best system/platform to have please make it happen

1,727 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

dark LCP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

125 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Moog and Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The xbox one is simply not capable of this. There isn't even close to enough horsepower under the hood of the console to do it. Project Scorpio would likely have the power to do it, but the current xboxes cannot.

• gameras35 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I was playing an xbox one game through the pc could another person play a different game from the consol

• winclashJoze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

well XO is quite powerfull to do snapping at once while gaming, so with so many cores it must by possible to stream and watch maybe youtube or netflix at once I think... or not? I wish it can be done

• jjhon21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to propose this same thing, I hope we have success and listen to us, surely xbox one can support it without problems.

• IRB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature, I'd like to stream a game to my Pc while the girlfriend watches TV/OneGuide for example.

• xxYD2DONxx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As much as I would LOVE to buy a second Xbox one, another TV, more Wi-Fi and a clone to work for me so I don't go crazy...

• DopeGum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've always wanted this ever since I set up the TV tuner on the console, I was a bit disappointed to see that you could do the opposite but not this :(

• Daker2020 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed I want to play games on my xbox but can't because everyone's always watching tv

• REIVE2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. This was the only reason why I attempted the streaming ability; to play Xbox One games on my PC while my wife/kids could still utilize the console simultaneously...this feature is pointless otherwise. "Now I can take up both the PC and the Xbox One at once!" That is what the the streaming currently does. It also pushes me away from Xbox gaming to PC only.

• Captainwellhard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, if you can stream a game to a windows 10 PC then you really should be able to use the 'watch TV' function on the Xbox at the same time. That way I wouldn't need to mindlessly look at the internet while my wife watches 'Love Island' or 'The good wife'......which is what is happening right now.

• Campalishous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be happy if all the other Xbox features are disabled while streaming to a PC as long as the HDMI Passthrough of the TV signal continued to work. That way the TV would be available while I stream to a PC in another room

• n1kez1lla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this isn't a thing already! I really needed this feature right now, but now I can't play my Xbox. I love the TV features, especially as an all around console, but that leaves the family fighting over who uses it. Lameness.

• ToningBean6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this! Otherwise what would be the point of having one entertainment system to rule them all? Allow me to play my xbox game on my computer screen in one room while my wife watches her favorite shows on the big screen in the living room.

• KellysBane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes..please. Right now I have to run a different streaming divise to the TV in this situation. Would prefer XBOX to be running the show.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base