Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

Have Steam games on Windows 10 Store

The exclusives on steam that are only on pc can be added to the xbox live pc marketplace

565 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ghxst SCHEMAAA shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Hham2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it did that at one point, but they removed it. Wish it was like that though.

• reCLUsive7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Games on Windows 10 Store are UWP, if you haven't kept up with current events in the PC gaming industry, Developers aren't to keen on the UWP format, they prefer to keep their games somewhat open so modders can mod, and people can play the games they paid for with little interference. The UWP format being pushed by MS have limited games from their full format(graphical options, modding), it's not good for developers, and it's not good for gamers.

The other thing to keep in mind is that some games are exclusive to PC simply because the XBOX One(including the X that can barely do 4k @ consistent frame rates) cannot handle the games being made today, and PC is the only platform where the game can actually function and be presented as intended by the developer, I think the best possible outcome is that we'll continue to see more "Play Anywhere" titles from MSGS and it's partners.

• Canyon Sea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah. I loved Xbox. But some of the games that made it great are turning exclusive to p.c. It also is capable of playing the rest of my library and so much more I would love to experience . At first I thought it possiable that Xbox one X could play p.c titles after Micro 10. But it doesnt work that way. I don't want a gutted version of a loved title either. Might as well buy a computer instead.

• AlexsMercer22 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah and also if you got some steam games that are also available for console when u buy on steam it would be in ur Xbox games and apps to install

• Ace Pilot 5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Team up with steam to get the steam market on xbox, and more players on the xbox one
    This makes developing games easier, and more games.

• TitanStroyer95 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What i want is the option to add steam, origin, uplay or any other game to Xbox App on Windows 10. So far, only games downloaded from MS Store can be added and opened directly from the Xbox App, but not the games from other services like those i've mentioned just a moment ago. That would be awesome. I've already told that to one of the guys on Xbox Customer Support live chat, and i hope he will pass it on to the engineers and people who work on the Xbox app.

• ChuchoF3TT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i don't see this happening ever since the release of windows 8 steam and microsoft haven't been exactly the best friends, this is the reason Steam came with the Steam OS idea and the SteamPC, also if steam does that they have to pay Microsoft for being in their store and a percentage of their sales which steam is not gonna do because they won't be giving away that money. You see they have to obtain the licenses (by obtain i mean buy), they massively sell them at lower prices, and they gain their money that way .. so basically if they are gonna be on xbox store .. they have to buy the licenses, pay microsoft again for being able to sell in their store, sell the game at a low price probably not as low as they do on pc and give microsoft a precentage of their sells (again more money to microsoft), as i said .. i don't see this happening anytime soon. it's not a bad idea, i just don't see it possible.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base