Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

Xbox Snap to Windows 10 Device

Xbox Snap to Device Idea by @BAMrin

It would be nice, if we can snap an App to any Windows 10 Device in the local Network. Picture here: http://www.xboxdynasty.de/Xbox-One/screenshot,Xbox-One,88085.html

Instead of using the Xbox One Screen and make it smaller, why not use a 2nd Screen in the Network? Maybe a Tablet or Laptop. So you can say "Xbox Snap Twitch to Tablet" and the App will be snapped to the Device with all functions. And on top, a friend can use Twitch/Chat while you concentrate on playing.

Phil Spencer and Mike Ybarra just said it's possible and a cool idea, too:
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/590904814877347840
https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/590892639299375105

If you like this cool idea, please Vote!

590 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Z0RN shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Call Me G0D3915 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't fully understand when this would be used regarding Pandora or Twitch or anything... But possibly Xbox Apps like Achievements and such so you don't have to give up screen real estate.

Re: Twitch, or skype, or anything else like that... why not just go to their respective websites on the device??

• nexus71c commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So let's say you're playing a game, for example: Halo MCC, and you want to snap over Skype or Twitch. When you do snap it, It will immediately go to your Windows 10 Xbox App and will become a full screen app. This way you don't have to worry about a tiny screen on your xbox and a letterboxed game. This way is a lot better with two full screens. You could possibly make it to where you can snap a full game over to your windows 10 computer to allow your friends to play one game, and you're free to play your own and not have to share your console. It might seem pretty difficult but it would be a very nice feature

• everygamer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like this idea, they already have the software in place to do it too, just extend Xbox Smart Glass to allow a video stream. This would be a sweet feature, and definitely something that would be unique in comparison to the PS4 offerings.

• Tommy Hoss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Help me maximize my xbox ones! I've two now and will be adding a third. I'd love to use this feature as most times, all xbox in my house are busy!!

• Mooch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the better ideas Ive seen. Snaping should be more of a focus to the xbox one. Its an amazing feature not spoke about due to its clunky structure as it currently exists. MS, please take a look at this design and build upon it. Make it even easier to use for us. Thanks!

• MrZweistein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please chose a software architecture that supports not only Win10 devices but iOS and Android devices too. A possible solution would be to have the data and logic processing on the Xbox One and a presentation client (embedded into the smartglass app) on the device. The Xbox One then only streams the presentation data to the device which would make the hole solution much more platform independent. Thx!

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base