Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

Xbox App on Mac OS X

I don't know if this has already been brought up, but the functionality of the Windows 10 app for Xbox is amazing with how you can stream and socialize through it. Also, you can use smart glass. But what about the Mac users? I understand we're not being loyal by not buying any Windows 10 machines, but Mac OS is useful for graphic design enthusiasts like myself. There are many reasons to get a Mac but why should Mac users miss out on the ability to connect with their Xbox account? Even if there is less functionality; like if we miss out on cross play functionality since that is more of a Windows 10 thing. But the ability to post status updates, manage friends, and stream to our Xbox... Those are all useful things that I believe many Mac users who are also Xbox enthusiasts would LOVE to have.

4,024 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CrippledStraw13CrippledStraw13 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

764 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • UndeadHunter 84UndeadHunter 84 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

cmon xbox you're tom on the market and with the new xbox one x coming out soon you just gotta make the xbox app on Mac OS X

• BadButterzzBadButterzz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see this idea myself as I love Xbox and I use Mac for short film and music making works. I think if Microsoft and apple cause just a meet in the middle. And make Sony look even more sad than they are already. Since now Microsoft support some cross-lay with Minecraft with Nintendo as such :D

• The master 466The master 466 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Mac can hardly run anything, this wouldn't work and is a completely pointless and stupid idea, just buy a Windows Pc, if you're scared you'll get a virus, then honestly you're just not safe online,simple, just buy a windows pc

• Hudson RLHudson RL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. I have a MacBook Pro but I've installed windows 10 through boot camp just to use the xbox app. Would much prefer it to be directly on the Mac OS.

• SwordofWhedonSwordofWhedon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You will never see this.

Apple blocks the hooks needed to make these things work. Just like they block Blu-ray playback

Xbox games will not just work, there are very important differences in hardware. 360 BC is specifically tuned for Xbox One, won't work on PC

Don't know why you don't just install Windows 10 on your Mac. You can dual boot it.

• RespawnTitan343RespawnTitan343 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, there is: put windows 10 on your Mac. Either boot camp or VM. MS wants you to use Windows so they don't want to make a dedicated Mac app.

• BoneyNerdBoneyNerd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I own a windows gaming pc but all i play is xbox and use my macbook around the house its much comfier.

• BoneyNerdBoneyNerd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just need the xbox app so we can stream to Mac OS and play in bedroom or office etc

← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base