Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

Xbox App on Mac OS X

I don't know if this has already been brought up, but the functionality of the Windows 10 app for Xbox is amazing with how you can stream and socialize through it. Also, you can use smart glass. But what about the Mac users? I understand we're not being loyal by not buying any Windows 10 machines, but Mac OS is useful for graphic design enthusiasts like myself. There are many reasons to get a Mac but why should Mac users miss out on the ability to connect with their Xbox account? Even if there is less functionality; like if we miss out on cross play functionality since that is more of a Windows 10 thing. But the ability to post status updates, manage friends, and stream to our Xbox... Those are all useful things that I believe many Mac users who are also Xbox enthusiasts would LOVE to have.

4,178 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CrippledStraw13 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

785 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pelanes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enyoing a lot the Windows 10 app to stream games to other rooms, it will be great to do the same on OSX in other places of my house. Thanks

• OneRacer5412304 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HOW I GOT MY PROGRAMMED BLANK ATM CARD THAT CHANGED MY LIFE AND MADE ME RICH
    I'm Aftab and i used to think that all this stuffs about a blank ATM card where true .
    I have had so much doubts about being scammed . But few weeks back i decided to give
    it a try and i contact THE TECH COMPANY in charge of blank ATM which is (programmedatmtech@gmail.com) .
    I explained my self to them and told them my problem and what i needed . They asked for my full identity details,
    And also promised me that in three days my programmed blank card will be ready and sent to me . I thought it was a joke,
    On the third day i received a call on my cell and was told that my blank card is ready . Today as i tell you all out there.
    I now can drive any kind of car i wish to , And also I'm living very large .So do not die out of ignorance . The rich are getting richer .
    You can also contact them on the whats app number +14089091301 . This is there website programmedatmtech.wixsite.com/programmedblankcard

• HBChristo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Attention XBox One X; XBox Admin; Major Nelson

Please accept many of us are across multiple Operating Systems including OSX.

I have successfully streamed xBox One to a Windows 10 machine, but it relies on an ethernet home network.

Native games Natively Installed across multiple platforms open the door to competing and storing previous high scores and achievements.

xBox One X provides a higher standard, as do many PC Gamers who build their own machines ... as do many Mac Gamers who build their own machines (though they are fewer).

Bill Gates to me stands for Opening The Gates.... so let's get to it Major.

HBGently.

• Pregest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I want to develop games with my Unreal Engine 4 (Macbook version) to compile through a vmware virtual machine with Xbox One OS.

Microsoft could deliver a boot ISO image for x64.

Regards,
    Gerard Boccanfuso.

• TechDude34 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can run Windows 10 in a virtual machine or use BOOTCAMP. It is free but with a watermark in the bottom right corner and some less features. You could just get a Windows 10 P.C they are just as useful for graphic design or maybe even better than Macs.

• xThatWolfie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need a Xbox app for Mac, you can remote play with PlayStation on your mac but not Xbox. This would definitely make the Xbox experience better for both me and many other Mac users. PLEASE add this.

• ItsSKELETOR76 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over four thousand votes for this and still nothing. I find that very peculiar. Let me just say I love the iOS Xbox App way more than UI mess that Sony’s app is however I would love to have access to the Mixer functions on macOS. I’m thinking about becoming a Streamer on Mixer for Minion Masters and would love this capability for the back end for Mixer. Please add this. I’m a switched from PS4.

• RebuiltCloud440 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People, use boot camp. Apple has been kind enough to let its users use windows as well. Microsoft can go finger themselves, they need to do more cross platform stuff. Boot camp is so easy to do. DO IT PEOPLE, and avoid this s**t

• ManualPanda6621 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I honestly hate my Xbox since I got a PS4 , I can play it on my Mac any where as long as I have good connection , people who really want to do that aswell , play in class or work or at your friends place without carrying the whole console, invest in a PS4 it is definitely worth the money unlike a *** Xbox these days

• ManualPanda6621 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft you gotta get you *** straigh, I use to be a huge Xbox fan , and am a Mac user , since remote play was introduced for Mac, that allows you to connect to your PS4 via your Mac or windows. Why does Microsoft be so anal about owing a windows computer. Because of this I can truly say that Microsoft has stared sucking major balls in comparison to PlayStation and even Nintendo in almost every *** aspect. Microsoft understands that their window phone suck and nobody buy them, which is why they allow an iPhone user to get the Xbox app on the iOS store , then why not just get it to Mac , seriously Microsoft you are definitely loosing your fan base . If you don’t stop being so damn anal about windows to Xbox connectivity you are going to destroy the very little left of the Xbox franchise

• Skunkie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I adore my Xbox (own an original, 360, and One), and also happen to be a Mac users. The Xbox App for desktop would be such a welcome addition to my play flow!

• Ace LuxxaR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a mac, but also have an xbox one. I'm sure many other mac users are in the same situation, we should be given access to the app as well.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base