Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

Allow for games to be streamed anywhere

It's great that Microsoft is allowing Xbox One games to be streamed to any Windows 10 powered device but it would be great if you were able to stream your games to windows 10 powered devices on a different wifi networks. For instant, if your away from home but your connected to wifi you can stream you games to your laptop/phone.

851 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

HeRo x STABBER shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

83 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • XV Disturbed VX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen. Why can't I just take my pc and controller with me where ever I go and be able to play Xbox through streaming. Why should I have to pack up my Xbox and or tv to just be able to play. I go out of the country often I do get internet but have to pack up my Xbox, own tv and all the wires to just be able to have the ability to play games in my off time. Or I leave my tv and have to convert from HDMI to RCA. Video quality suffers making it impossible to read anything and games fuzzy, so I always have to bring a small tv with me because of that. Make this happen Microsoft, let me bring my pc and still be able to enjoy my Xbox without lugging it around.

• fransuarez100 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe they haven't done this I have even emailed MS directly and provided feedback in the app and upvoted this idea and still no sign of it. Keeping hold of my ps4 for now.

• WILDBILL336 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to this feature as I would be able to bring my windows 10 lab top anywhere and still be a Le to play my xbox

• FishDawg1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand it would be convenient if streaming to a PC over the internet were supported natively. But, luckily, there are multiple ways to achieve this today. An easy way I found is to enable the VPN on my home router and use that to connect to my home network from anywhere in the world. You'll need to know your public IP address and also your Xbox's local IP address. I have found the streaming works very well.

• Amethyst Spark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not great. It's utterly pointless. Why the *** would I want to stream to a windows pc in my own home? It's not like I'll be playing it for an extended period of time away from the console itself. They need to take a play from Sony's book. You can stream ps4 anywhere on any network. How in the world did they think that not streaming to different networks was a good idea. Wow.

• CCharlieB3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Console < > [WiFi < >] Router < > Modem < > Cable < > ISP < > [ISP Speed Cap and Restrictions < >] Internet < > Xbox Live < > Xbox Live Servers < > Xbox Live < > Internet < > Cable < > [ISP/Mobile Network Speed Cap/Data Limit and Restrictions <>] ISP/Mobile Network < > Modem/4G < > Router/Hotspot < > [WiFi < >] Windows PC < > Screen/Controller

The problem is this is how far data has to travel in both directions so in the majority of cases input is laggy.

Neither Steam nor Xbox stream via the Internet because actual Gameplay is considered unplayable. Also in personal experience I have found both Xperia & VITA to be far too laggy on every connection "via Internet", as an experience to actually use and enjoy.
    It only works well on Games with minimal input such as 2D Games, Slow-paced or "Point n' Click" Games.

• AuraEnchantress commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would like to be able to stream from my xbox one at home to my laptop at work 5 minutes drive away.

home connection runs at theoretical 72.2Mbps, with actual download speeds on the home wifi ranging between 25Mbps and 50Mbps and upload speeds 3Mbps-10Mbps.

work connection is verizon 4G LTE and also runs at theoretical over 70Mbps, with comparable download and upload speeds usually as well compared to the home network.

i don't understand why you can't just do remote desktop or vpn connection or something baked into the console and the xbox app and make this type of thing possible for those who would enjoy the feature.

• BraveOlWillie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's simple Microsoft, add this streaming feature which can be done...or lose your customers to Sony which has this feature. It's a *** or get off the pot kind of situation here and the solution is just a no brainer.

• Sinabro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

playstation 4's remote play on my macbook, my tablet pc, and my windows 10 laptop is working perfectly on wifi or LTE network. So, I have no choice but to play playstation 4 rather than xbox one during travel for work or at workplace.

• MainCD Gaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Microsoft needs to see this hopefully they release this shortly before Scorpio comes out next year

• Wuhey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is possible and i would like to have an app to do it in a simpler way within the xbox one.
    by example Xoon ( an app in the store) helps for that but the infos like external ip and port fowarding is too complicated for noobs.
    So it could be nice to have something within the xbox one that allow players to wake n stream the xbox one from anywhere in the world via a UWP app or a browser by just typing a login and a password

• SilverBullets76 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow Xbox users to stream content from their Xbox from any internet connection in the world. Our biggest competitor, Sony, already allows this feature out of the box with PS4 Remote Play - so it's obvious that this is possible. As long as the internet connection speeds are sufficient, I don't see why a simple update can't be implemented to allow streaming over the internet (not limited to a local area connection).

This would allow Xbox users to truly "Play Anywhere". This is the ONLY feature holding me back on selling my PS4. Please incorporate this feature so I can finally cut the PS4 loose.

• dbradley645 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on this is definitely possible, Sony is able to do it, and to be honest it would totally be another one up on them if Microsoft could do this to all Windows devices and maybe extend the ability to stream to iPhones, android phones and windows phones with a wireless controller connected over bluetooth

← Previous 1 3 4 5

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base