Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

Stream Xbox game while watching TV on Xbox One

With the streaming coming to Windows 10 I would love it if the live tv app would still be usable on the Xbox one. So while my kids watch TV using the HDMI input (live tv app), or even Netflix if that is possible, I can play a game on my tablet streaming from the Xbox One.
I hope this will work like that!

[Mod edit: This post was merged with similar ideas from DAWICKED1S and leehaworth85. Thanks, everyone!]

927 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

KaohScarabea shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

121 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • richorridge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it's a horsepower issue hen can this be addressed in Xbox One X? A streamed game and an app at 1080 surely have to be possible.

• Hansmo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LiveTV pass through if nothing else should work while streaming game to PC. This is a no brainer.

• MRG255 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to stream Battlefield 1 to my PC and play it while my partner watches stuff using Plex..

• Chief Triller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could be resource grinding in ARK while my girlfriend and sister watch this terrible movie but instead I am writing this comment and watching this terrible movie. Let me stream to PC while Netflix runs on the TV from the XBox!

• AtomicVariable commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I stream to one of the displays on my office PC, there is no noticeable lag or buffering issues on Battlefield 1. I am sure this is slight latency but nothing that is a problem for a casual session. My office PC is connected to my router with a CAT5 cable and the Xbox One to the same router with a CAT6 cable.

Besides that, this is about being able to watch TV on the console connected television while streaming to another location on your network. Therefore your comment makes zero sense Duck.

Your laptop is probably running the stream over wifi. Try setting it up for success.

• Duck J13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who cares? Streaming is totally useless anyways. I have a $1200 new Asus gaming laptop and there is a 15-30 second delay with everything you do. It is absolutely 110% useless.

Useless feature with zero applications

• Daskas44 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just thought let me try streaming my game to PC since my partner is watching TV through the Xbox. I just found out that 825 votes and 2 years of complaints have led to nothing. Not to mention even streaming OneGuide to PC would be an added bonus, that was another bummer...

• garedwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just tried the XB1 streaming to Windows 10 PC feature.
    Thought "great", then discovered the TV can't be used at the same time.
    The only reason I want to stream elsewhere in the house is to free up the TV for others to use.
    A bare minimum requirement would be LiveTV; features like Netflix/Plex/Other apps would be "nice to haves".
    ...without this ability it's a completely useless feature to me.

• mat9054 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on, how comes it is not even possible. Whats the point in having streaming to pc when you cant even use oneguide or app like netflix while doing so

• Dave Helps commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. I'd like to run my TV feed through the Xbox to consolidate remote controls, but when my partner is watching TV I want to go into the office and carry on gaming.

• MenialChief0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute must, Silence on this issue is not helping. Make the Box available for use to other family members and your sales will go up. I wonder what the marketing team is doing?

• aRockinYankee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Microsoft. This is already possible on PS4. Why cant you make this happen for us?? This thread goes back to August 2015. When are you going to start to listen and make it happen????

• PalmettoBling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this option. Even if it's just TV pass through, and not the use of the apps on the Xbox.

• Shadowrak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is literally the issue that is making me consider returning my new Xbox One S. I route my cable box through my xbox so I can watch the news or a sports game while playing Fifa or some Madden solo challenges. If I want to let someone else use the TV while I stream a game to my PC, I have to unplug the HDMI from the Xbox and plug it into my TV or receiver and change the input on the respective device.

PS: The OneGuide app is great but in the short term at least you must be able to allow a simple HDMI pass through?

• FixedCroissant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make this happen streaming to other devices isn't of much use when the family wants to watch television. Should've been supported from the beginning.

• WiNgY17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please, please add this feature. The current feature is almost solving a problem.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base