Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

Make Xbox One Controller compatible with Windows 10 Mobile Devices

Would be awesome to use my Xbox One Controller to play my Windows 10 Mobile games. Either via direct USB OTG connection or via Windows 10 Wireless adapter for the Controllers via USB OTG on Mobile.
Don't want to buy an extra Bluetooth controller for that stuff :(

448 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dauerburner shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tallin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This already works. I can connect my Xbox One controller to my Lumia 950 XL with a USB-C to micro USB cable and it works for any apps that support it.

• PalmettoBling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do the new controllers Bluetooth connection work? I have a Lumia 950 and would love to be able to link my xbox controller for some of the games like the Asphalt series.

• RitzyBiscuit7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love how the Xbox app on Windows 10 mobile can stream your Xbox to your phone. But there has to be some way to connect a controller to play your games to your phone. Because right now if you wanted to stream Xbox it would be like the Nintendo gamepad and be limited by the controller reach.

• RitzyBiscuit7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@undertakecare we are talking about Windows 10 mobile devices... Not surface. But yeah I don't understand why we have game streaming but not an ability to have some sort of controller connection. That would wreck Sony's gaming phones.

• Undertakecare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Huh? Does that mean you tested it and it didn't work? Why would the wireless adapter not work with a Surface tablet running Windows 10? I cannot imagine why MS would prohibit.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base