Xbox App on Windows 10

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the Xbox App available through Windows 10. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how the app works and functionality for features like game streaming, Facebook integration, the store, etc.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox App on Windows 10 forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Option to turn off suggested friends from the Xbox App on Windows 10

Please can we have the ability to turn off the suggested "social" elements that go beyond my friends list.

This includes

"Suggestions" - Guide/Friends & clubs
    "Suggested for you" - Community/Activity Feed
    "Popular now" - Community/Activity Feed
    Adverts for feeds on the right hand side of the - Community/clubs and trending
    Auto follow of purchased and played games - Community/Activity feed

I understand people appreciate these features and use them but I don't and never have.

The suggestions show people I have removed from my friends lists and a selection of random people that I share nothing in common with…

1,086 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. QR Code Scan for Xbox App

What's up Xbox, when I buy anything on Xbox live, like games or DLC, etc. I use Xbox gift cards and when I buy them and redeem them it would be awesome to have a QR Code scan for the Xbox app on smartphones. I dont mind putting in the code when I am on the Xbox itself, but it would be awesome a code scan for the app, thanks!

135 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Put Xbox Play Anywhere Titles on Steam

We want to play the new titles announced at E3 on Steam, but we do not want to be forced into using another ecosystem. We want all of our games in one place with the community we love and for most of us on PC, that place is Steam.

"Without forcing gamers to abandon all of the games and the community they love so much."
    - Xbox - Project Scorpio
    https://youtu.be/F1dRgWpGePs

Please build off the offering announced at E3 by having the games available for purchase on Steam. Additionally, if we decide to purchase the game for Xbox, please give…

189 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share Game Clips to Facebook via the Xbox App

I know you can share items through the Xbox One itself and that's great. However, I would like to see the ability to share items to Twitter via the PC/Mobile. It'll make things a bit easier.

110 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 194 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow users to view purchase history via Xbox app

This applies to xbox/windows as a whole. Can you implement a method so that users can view their games purchase history via the Xbox app rather than navigating to a website to get this information. Its rather counter intuitive to be able to purchase via app but then not be able to see what was purchased/when it was purchased and via what payment method. Its also annoying as you have to login to the site when the user was logged into the app.

76 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stream Windows 10 Games on Xbox One

I would like to be able play my windows 10 pc games on xbox one in the same way you can stream games from xbox one to pc. I think this would be really cool especially if you have a powerful desktop & you want to be enjoy your games on TV.

367 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add save game management to Xbox App

How come the Xbox app on Win 10 and Win Mobile 10 cannot manage save files? Is there any chance this feature could be added? Lack of it makes the apps look rather unfinished.

73 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Manually assign controller numbers

My Xbox One Elite controller gets pushed back in the controller cue as soon as some Xbox 360 controllers are connected. It would be great, if there was a way to assing the controller numbers manually. Or at least to avoid that the Xbox One controller gets moved behind the 360 controllers. I'd like to be the Elite controller my primary game controller, when more than one controller is connected. It would also help, if there was a way to change the controller groups, so that Xbox One Controllers always take the first spots (or the other way round, if…

53 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Custom game installation directory configurable in Xbox App

Should be able to create a custom game installation directory within Xbox App such as is allowed on Steam, Origin, Uplay, and GOG. My C: drive is very full and I am currently unable to buy any games because of this limitation of where I can install to. The uninstall or move option is greyed out for the Xbox app as well. I found a powershell command that deletes the xbox app but I would prefer not to use a command line.

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bring Xbox One Dashboard to Windows 10

Update Windows 10 Xbox App user interface to be exactly like Xbox One's dashboard. Steam has BigPicture mode, Windows 10 has Xbox Dashboard mode!

332 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Virtual Keyboard Support for Xbox App When Using Controller

Would be really useful for people like me who play their PC games on TV. Make app more gamepad friendly in general.

47 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Game DVR: Full Desktop Recording Option

Expanding Game DVR to a full fledged desktop recording solution would be great. As for now, its outstanding quality and performance is already superior to all the expensive screen recording solutions out there, that it could become the major tool for all screen recordings, if it was simply not limited to a game or app but would (optinally) record anything that is happening on your screen.

27 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Play a game on Xbox One and stream another one to Windows 10 Xbox App

If you go with this idea many people will move to xbox rather than PS4.

The idea is as follow:

There will be:
    -one xbox one console
    -one or more windows 10 PCs
    -one or more xbox live accounts

The user with "my xbox home" account will lunch xbox one and sign in and play with game 1, another user 2 will play another game on windows 10 streaming from xbox one. If there are more users they can stream from from xbox one and everyone of them will sign in to his account on windows 10 and will stream…

125 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide driver support for Xbox One fight sticks on Windows 10

Currently due to a known driver issue, Windows 10 does not support XBox One fight sticks. This is very frustrating that we are unable to use MS approved gear on our Windows 10 PC's

30 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bring All Xbox Exclusives to Windows 10

I hope I can purchase any version of all Xbox exclusives,
    I'm fan of those games but I can't get an Xbox, because I'm not in my home and move around places,
    I got disappointed when the (Xbox on pc) is only done when you have your Xbox turned on :(
    and I really hoped for (Halo and Gears cars in Rocket League) to be purchasable in Windows 10, I hope the disappointment doesn't be on Gears 4 I hope it gets released on pc, I will play it using my laptop :/

I hope this happens :) well, because…

341 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Pin Achievements in Windows 10 Xbox App

Would love the ability to track and tag achievements on my phone or other device. A good start would be the ability to "pin" achievements in the Xbox app for Windows 10.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "Enhanced achievement tracking across devices."]

43 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Xbox one on Windows support for steering wheel and controller accessories headset/keyboard

Driver support for Microsoft Xbox headsets when plugged into an Xbox one controller paired with Windows 10 Xbox app. Forza 6 thrustmaster steering wheel "support" via usb 2.0 plugged directly into Windows 10 PC. Currently there's no support for PC pairing within the Xbox app. I use my laptop to stream Xbox one to my 42" tv in another room.

25 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Power off Xbox One controller through Xbox App

Turn off controller.
    On windows 10 the ability to turn off the Xbox one controller.

206 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Build the NXOE (New Xbox One Experience) into the Xbox App as a "console" mode for PC players

As an avid PC gamer iv'e become very familiar with Steam and it's services, however, their lack of support is going to be their downfall. Steam's Big Picture Mode is a VERY handy feature for those of use with our PCs on big screen TV sets, but they seem to be ignoring request for simple features like backgrounds or color changes. If the Xbox team could render BPM useless by creating a nice Xbox(like) interface into the app with full controller support, resolution and ratio support (4k, 3440/2560x1440, 16:9,17:9,21:9, etc), ability to play our local music AND videos or movies,…

217 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base